Yzarro

Sad songs

Wings for marie parts 1 and 2 by tool have got to be the two saddest songs I know.

And mad world by Gary jules is more of an ambient sad, imo.

Ayano's Happiness Theory. Yeah, yeah, I know it's Vocaloid. But if it doesn't make you cry inside I don't know what would.

Goodbye Blue Sky is excellent especially to those who understand which happening it was written for.

As for the music video...

A peaceful dove getting shredded apart by the German eagle (from the flag) says a LOT. HINT HINT.

Very powerful.

My absolute tear jerker has gotta be....the original version of Mad World (written by Gary Jules for the movie Donnie Darko) before the band he was (Tears for Fears) in did a full version

I actually have three:

This song is about a little boy who died from cancer. It's hard to not cry at this.

I don't know, it just really hits me hard in the first verse.

Someone I really love moved away, and this song is kind of like, exactly what happened. I never knew I loved them until I had to let them go, and it's just about how people never realize how much everything means to them until it's gone.

Leave out all the Rest, by Linkin Park is quite moving.

Also by Linkin Park, Shadow of the Day is sad if you listen to the lyrics.

If you want a song that is moving without lyrics, then Oracion from the Rise of Darkrai movie always makes me feel proud of my favorite franchise.

Leave out all the Rest, by Linkin Park is quite moving.

Also by Linkin Park, Shadow of the Day is sad if you listen to the lyrics.

If you want a song that is moving without lyrics, then Oracion from the Rise of Darkrai movie always makes me feel proud of my favorite franchise.

"Castle of glass" as well. That wakes up a lot of emotions in me. Feels so sad. Not to mention "Final masquerade".

Also listen to "Invaded" by Tokio Hotel, no matter what you thought about the band so far. Trust me, this one is emotional.

Also, "Save you" by Simple Plan has to be the most explicitly written, recorded and performed song about cancer survivors/victims I have ever heard. That throws me in an endless pool of tears every time I hear it.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

If u listen to the words of the song, Pompeii is a really sad song.

Yes, yes it is. The perky rhythm doesn't necessarily mean that the song itself is happy. Same with "A light that never comes" by Linkin Park. Pretty pessimistic lyrics on a dubstep type music.

And "Hurt" by Christina Aguilera - how could I forget?! That song kills me! ohmy.gif And it makes me be nice to people, every day. You never know which words coming from you will be the last they hear. sad.gif

This song is about a little boy who died from cancer. It's hard to not cry at this.

This. THIS. Children who suffer from cancer and die is possibly a huge part of the greatest injustice in the world. Children shouldn't die. sad.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Katie's Pet Bird by Chaotica, I love this song but it's sad

I also cry when I hear "Chasing cars" by Snow Patrol. I heard that it's about the singer's dog who got run over by a car while chasing it. And it always makes me think of what I have with my dog, thirteen years of him being the only true friend that I know of. I don't know how I'm going to get over his death once it happens. sad.gif

I found this song when I was going through a hard time. I had a mental breakdown; my depression got a bit out of control; someone I hold very dear to me was having such a hard time in his life that he began to vent towards me, targeting my kindness, and I felt like he was using a weapon to stab the parts of me which he knew were the most sensitive. I grew physically sick. It lasted so long, that sickness...

The breakdown at 1:49 breaks my heart to this day. That heart-wrenching feeling you get when the pain of sadness gets so bad that it starts twisting up the muscles in your chest...This segment of the music matches it perfectly, in the moment.

Of course, he and I are better now...He's my friend I've adopted as a brother. We've known each other for about five or six years now. Still, though, this song just breaks my heart!

My songs aren't all stereotypical "sad" songs but to me they are absolutely gut-wrenching and sometimes I have to skip over them, despite how much I love them, because they make me too emotional.

Coming Down by Five Finger Death Punch. This type of music really isn't my thing anymore but something about this song really gets to me. It's painful.

I Will Play My Game Beneath the Spin Light - by Brand New. I looove this song (and anything by Brand New) but it's seriously lonely and makes me feel weird existential sad things.

Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran; the first song to ever give me true "chills". It's sad and very beautiful.

Edited by glamoursea2

...the only song where I consider getting wasted whenever I listen to it.

...the contrast between the lyrics and the melody is startling.

...great music, great time and so sad.

... a Christmas song in German; the song takes place after a nuclear war and the surviving people had to take shelter in a bunker, Christmas isn't celebrated anymore and the young man asks the old about certain things regarding Christmas... sad.gif

Warren Zevon wrote and recorded this while he was dying of cancer at just 56 years old. R.I.P to one of the greats.

Cancer - My Chemical Romance

That is one of the saddest sons for me. My aunt died of cancer a few years ago so that really hits home for me.

My grandma is a cancer survivor and one of my mum's few true friends has died of a quickly progressive type of breast cancer. I've never seen my mum so sad and broken as on the day her friend died. sad.gif I'm hyper sensitive about everything cancer related because I hate that feeling of being powerless against that disease. sad.gif

The sad song that I just thought of - "See you again" by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth. A tribute to Paul Walker (rest in peace). Makes you see how much you really miss someone who died. And it breaks me.

Solitaire - Marina and the Diamonds. The style of the song is pretty sad but it's the lyrics that make me feel lonely, especially the first couple of verses.

Solitaire - Marina and the Diamonds. The style of the song is pretty sad but it's the lyrics that make me feel lonely, especially the first couple of verses.

Also "Fear and loathing", another one of her songs. It always affects me as it reminds me of days when I had nothing but suicidal thoughts in my early teens.

I was listening to the lyrics of this song today and realized just how sad it is.

No idea who it was dedicated to but I would love to find out.

Edited by earthgirl

A few spring to mind..

"What you see ain't what you get" by Kerli.

Its not neccassarily sad as in being about death, or breakups, ect. But its sad to me because I can relate to it on a personal level, as in feeling that I was too "messed up" due to my own mental disorders, and that I didn't deserve anyone.

The same goes with the song "Beautiful Inside", also by Kerli, I can relate for the same reasons as the song above, but also on an even more personal level, that I can't really share atm. :/

But at the same time, I love these songs Kerli is my favorite singer, after all.