Yzarro

Sad songs

Hurt- Thousand Foot Krutch

Someone Like You- Adele

Forgive Me Love- Alanis Morissette

Conversations With My 13 Year Old Self- Pink

Family Portait- Pink

There are more but I can't remember them right now.

Christmas Shoes.  I cry just thinking about it sad.gif

OMG everytime I hear it. I was driving and it came on the radio, and I had to pull over, I was crying so hard.

Last Kiss - Pearl Jam

That song 'Vanilla Twilight' almost brings me to tears if I think about Demyx for some reason.... It's weird, because most of the time that song dosen't make me cry.

That song started playing on the radio right around the time my grandfather passed. It always makes me think of him. Then I watched the video... the part where the guy looks up at the sky and says "I'm with you" make me get all boohoo-y all over again.

Edited by rainbowsmile

I think

is really sad (and beautiful)... And I may know a lot of other sad songs too, but that's the one I think about in first place.

Requiem Inori, by Lisa (it is from the trinity blood anime). It makes me so sad when I hear it.

Also Breathe Me by Sia (watching it with the finale of six feet under can make anyone cry ;_;).

Death of a martian by the red hot chili peppers.

It doesn't sound to sad but when you find out about what its was written about sad.gif

makes me sad...

I think it's probably one of the saddest songs I've ever heard. The actual beat of the music doesn't sound particularly sad, so much as the the story behind it is, but the way it speeds up and slows down to show emotion just really gets to me for some reason. I think it's the first line- 'The day I learn to fly, I'm never coming down' and how I can relate to just wanting to run away from all the problems and the rest of the world. It's weird a song would get to me that way since I am a particularly unemotional person.

Edited by wolfclaw

Fix You by Coldplay.

It's connected with really good moments in my life. We used to listen it with my best friend always when we were together.

When I listening it I always have such a strange feeling. Like, imagine, you have something quite important to you and now it all disappeared...

Edited by Aeshall

Most of the ones I can think of are my Evanescence, such as:

-Hello

-Forgive me

-Solitude

-Like You

-Breath No More

and a plethora of others x)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Memory" from Cats.

A haunting, heartrendingly beautiful tune, and there is regret in the subtext, but the song also looks forward with hope.

A personal sad "song" for me is "Cristofori's Dream" by David Lanz.

It didn't start out sad, but got that way the day the towers fell...

I live in western PA, and that song was the background for the scrolling honor roll of people who perished when Flight 93 crashed at Shanksville, and in the other disasters of 9/11.

For a few weeks it played every day, as the names scrolled by...

(it was edited into a really smooth seamless loop; sometimes it went on for 20 minutes or so, as the number of victims accumulated)

Since then I have not been able to disconnect the song from those events... sad.gif

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "Memory" from Cats.

A haunting, heartrendingly beautiful tune, and there is regret in the subtext, but the song also looks forward with hope.

OMG. I don't why I forgot about this song, I guess it's because I haven't listened to it in a long time. But yes, that one is very sad. I also kind of dedicated it to my cat who passed away three years ago, so now I feel bad for forgetting about it.

Dx

Last to Know by Three Days Grace used to always make me cry [never knew why ;o] Love the song .-.

Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad by Meat Loaf

I agree! Meatloaf is awesome, and his ballads do tend to be pretty sad.

I also like his take on "It's All Coming Back to Me Now". That one makes me feel sad, too, I'm not sure why.

In The Arms Of An Angel by Sarah Mclachlan, simply because they always play that song during that SPCA commercial against animal cruelty. I bawl my eyes out every time they show those abused and neglected animals in need of homes. sad.gif

8D; Much of what I listen to could probably qualify for this thread... I need to start listening to more fun music so I can stop flopping around melodramatically while listening to my music player. xd.png

is one of my favorites, though. Especially the acoustic version. Just a slow, sad, beautiful song.
is another song by the same song, and it's also very beautiful, but not as sad. Made me cry a couple of times, but it was sort of making me think of a scene from a story I was trying to write, so I might be a little biased.

Also,

because I need to stop spamming Epica. I think I'm more picking songs based on how pretty they are rather than how sad they are when they fit both criteria. 8D; But that's sort of why I listen to too much sad stuff in the first place...

...xd.png Sorry for rambling.

Opti; SPAM EPICA ALL YOU WANT 8D /bigfan

I thought Linger was really pretty, but it wasn't exactly heartwrenching to me x3 Feint, though, definitely.

Lei: Oh yes, Sarah Mclachlan! Master of beautiful and emotional ballads =D

One I've been listening to lately ('cause its on the new album and one of my favs, heh) is Lost in Paradise by Evanescence.

<3 Eeeeeeeenewalbum

Opti; SPAM EPICA ALL YOU WANT 8D /bigfan

I thought Linger was really pretty, but it wasn't exactly heartwrenching to me x3 Feint, though, definitely.

Lei: Oh yes, Sarah Mclachlan! Master of beautiful and emotional ballads =D

One I've been listening to lately ('cause its on the new album and one of my favs, heh) is Lost in Paradise by Evanescence.

<3 Eeeeeeeenewalbum

Woo! -highfive- Yeah, I'm probably just biased due to the story, then. xd.png Ahwell.

Aaah, I have to listen to some of that new album. One of my friends linked me a song, but I've been sort of derping and procrastinating for no reason. 8D;

--Hey, did I not link any Nightwish or Within Temptation last time? D8 WHAT HAS BECOME OF ME

is pretty sad. Also just pretty. But it's in Finnish. xd.png This has the English lyrics, though the translation seems a tad off. I'm... not sure that I want to start linking more than that, because Nightwish is pretty much my favorite band and I should really do more things than sit around and link songs... But uh. Higher than Hope, Two for Tragedy, The Forever Moments, Forever Yours... Swanheart? Is Swanheart sad? xd.png; It's kind of my favorite song. I need an excuse to mention it here.

As for Within Temptation,

and Somewhere used to make me cry every time, as did Our Farewell. I have a sort of odd story about the last song, but I think I'll save it. 8P Pretty stuff, though. Edited by Opti

Are there any sad songs that have an attachment to you? Like something that you can relate to, or you associate with a memory?

Ugh, yes. Never Too Late, Three Days' Grace. Love the song, though it at first gave me just a tiny bit of OMGSAD!...then one of my friends hanged herself. Suddenly, extremely embarrassing tears every ****ing time I heard the damned song for at least six months, no matter where I was. Hell, I still get a little teary-eyed at it and it's been over two years since she died.

Oh my gosh, how can I only choose some? I know a whole bunch...don't judge wink.gif

Concrete Angel- Remains my overall top favorite. So sad... sad.gif

What hurts the Most- The music video made me tear up ;(

I will always Love You- Gah! Lyrics are so beautiful and sad to me.

Without You- A new fav, makes me sad everytime I hear it.

Mary's Song- By Taylor Swift. If you want to take a break from sadness, this song will give you happy tears.

I better stop now before I make too big of a list smile.gif

Edited by Drakelina

Probably because it was on Doctor Who's Van Gogh episode, now I can't hear it without tearing up... But I still love it.

After The Storm- Mumford and Sons Especially the verse that goes:

And I will die alone, and be left there;

I guess I'll just go home, God knows where.

For Death is just so full and Man so small

I'm scared of what's behind and what's before...

by Brad Paisley and Allison Krauss.

It's just one of those hauntingly sad, bitter songs. It makes me cry whenever I sing it to myself.

Also,

by Diamond Rio always touches my heartstrings. Edited by Daydreamer09

The Other Promise. One of the most heart-breaking and beautiful instrumental songs ever, especially if you've played Kingdom Hearts. "Go on, you just keep running... but I'll always be there to bring you back!" D'=