Stromboli

Tragic Movie Moments

I grew up with the Vuk movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLwNxjV3KaI ) . Be warned, there are some sad parts in it. And it is one of the most awesome cartoons EVER. If you haven't seen it yet, then it's time to do so.

Also, Homeward Bound and Free Willy have their "make you cry" moments too.

The Fox and the Hound "Goodbye may seem forever" scene made me cry when I was, like, eleven. Yup.

Recently, I cried during the end credits of Dark of the Moon. All those deaths like Ironhide and Sentinel (yes! Both of them!) summed up to make me cry, not to mention that Cybertron is now lost forever.

I think if you don't cry "because that's just a movie" there's something wrong. You watch it because you're ready to get emotionally involved. If you refuse to, you've seen nothing.

The first movie to ever make me cry was "Dragon Heart" when the dragon died at the end.

Also "School of life" makes me burst into tears no matter how many times I watch it.

Oh and most recently the last half an hour of "Hachiko;A dog's story". I freaked my roommate out when she saw me sitting in front of my laptop with my eyes and face all red.

Hmm.... I used to be the person who would never cry at movies... But last year, I became a softie.... And since then, I cry at waay more sad movies than ever before...

Call me a kid (since I am one! tongue.gif)

Toy Story 3

Sucker Punch

Homeward Bound

Harry Potter 5, and I cried in the 7th book

Up, OF COURSE! Everyone thinks the beginning is extremely sad! Dx

A few movies have made me cry, a few already mentioned here, like 'Diana' from the Garfield's Nine Lives and Hachi.

There are others, but I can't think of them right now.

The ringing Bell of Chirin's ending...

And when the Todd died in Plaugedogs

Ah, little kid movies...like Mufasa dying in Simba. And in Brother Bear...where he realized he killed the little cubs mom? And in Up. What the heck?! Great way to start a kids movie!

Dead Poets Society, Neal's suicide. That was horrible. I cried.

Fried Green Tomatoes. Where Ruth died....I cried. So sad, such a great movie.

Edited by glamoursea2

I never, ever cry during movies. For me, it's always like 'Oh, the dog died. Boo hoo. Stupid dog.' Or I don't really care enough about the characters. The only movie that actually came close was Requiem for a Dream. Possibly the most depressing film ever.

Watching them all plunge into a downward spiral was heartbreaking. Especially with Sara, all she wanted was to be free from her loneliness, and she had to get caught up in some twisted scam. Wasn't even her fault, poor old lady. It was so sad when (Spoilers)Harry and Marion had their last phone call. Watching Harry make that last promise to Marion, where he said that he would come to see her and they both knew that wasn't going to happen, just crushed me. (End Spoilers). It's one of those movies where you desperately want to make it right for the characters, but in your heart you know it's not going to have a happy ending. I recommend everyone over the age of 18 to watch it, it'll really make you think. And not just about drugs.

Anyone else seen it?

The first time I ever almost cried during a movie was in Toy Story 3, when they all hold hands when they realize there's no way out of the incinerator.

Recently, there were so many parts of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 2 that had me tearing up I can't even list them all here.

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for sad movies.

Titanic makes me sob no matter what, just sob. (Really, has no one said that yet? best/saddest movie of all time /shot)

I have to admit UP brought me to tears with the first ten minutes. xd.png

FF7: Advent children makes me cry because I'm a video game geek and a fan of Zack Fair (-crysob- why zack why)

And the new harry potter movie when Snape died. In the book too for that matter lol.

Oh, and the second half of James Camerons Avatar.

That's all I can think of right now, but there are plenty, and the weirdest moments bring me to tears LOL xd.png

I agree with a lot of these, especially the Disney, Pixar, and Harry Potter movies. The Pirates of the Caribbean have their moments too.

During the ending of Toy Story 3, Bridge to Terabithia, and during Snape's memories in Deathly Hallows part 2

Bridge to Terabithia had me sobbing as a little kid the first time I ever read it...then when I saw the movie I started crying at least ten minutes before the part that I knew would come...that has to be the strongest tearjerker part in any movie I've seen and it was so much harder cause I knew it was coming!

OYES. And if anyone's ever seen Pay It Forward with Haley Joel Osment, you know it has a very cruel and depressing ending. I didn't even believe what was happening at first.

I can't believe I forgot this, but when Wart/Arthur turns back into a human after being a squirrel in The Sword in the Stone. The female squirrel that had fallen in love with him is heart broken and the scene ends with her crying.

Did anyone else cry at all during Toy Story 3? I did. :'(

Oh, the ending was so bittersweet! I'm so torn between whether it's better that Bonnie got the toys or it would be better if Andy kept them. sad.gif

(Contains spoilers, highlight to read.)

And Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was amazing, but a big tearjerker throughout the movie. I'm just starting the third book for the first time, (shame on me!) which added to the sadness.

The Prince's Tale part of HP7. I absolutely lost it in the theater and did not stop crying until the end of the movie.

Also, The Lion King. I still cannot watch that darn movie without crying.

I rarely cry during movies. I don't know why, but when Wreck It Ralph was about to die for Vanillope, I came really close to crying sad.gif And just about all the parts that had tragic Loki moments in Thor and the Avengers xd.png I have a few more, just can't come to think of them...

There are quite a few soooo will list them:

My Friend Flicka-the new version with Katy when the Father has Flicka taken away in a horse trailer. When he is with Kate when she was sick and out of it telling her how sorry he was.

The Yearling when the boy has to shoot the deer.

Lassie when she is swept downstream after saving the boy.

Or when I was little and watching the Wizard of Oz mom looked in the living room to see me crying when the Wicked witch had Dorothy locked up in the castle and she was calling out for Aunt Em biggrin.gif

The Oskana Baiul-story when her mother is in the hospital dying of cancer and Oskana is with her.

Field of Dreams- when Ray asks his father if he wants a game of catch.

There are probably others but I can't think of them right now.

Edited by LuvDragons

Anytime an animal dies, expect me to be crying. I hated dog movies in middle school. We always watched dog movies...