Stromboli

Tragic Movie Moments

Okay, I don't usually cry in movies. I mean, I think I have all of... twice.

But they were freaking tragic. D:

The first one was in The Dead Poet's Society when Neal kills himself after feeling that he found his calling in acting... I could not help myself. It was just too sad.

The other was the first ten minutes of UP. I mean, really. C'mon Disney. Way to be a downer.

Came close on the second season finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but not quite. ;3

Anyway. What movie moments have brought you to tears?

I find tragic animal moments way more sad than tragic human moments X3

Like in The Thing when it kills all of those dogs, my expression was pretty much D: But then as it's killing the humans :I (I mean, I didn't cry but that's just an example)

. . .

Wow, now that I think about it, I can't really remember any seriously tragic moments (enough to make me cry) :/

I remember the end of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas was pretty sad...but I don't recall crying...

I do recall crying moments, but I can't recall the movie. [/memoryfailure]

I can't remember what triggered it but I was crying throughout The Lovely Bones.

When the boy shots Old Yeller in the film Old Yeller

When bambi's mother is killed in Bambi

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows pt. 1

When Dobby dies. D'=

Edited by Dakota124

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows pt. 1

When Dobby dies. D'=

I agree! sad.gif And when Hermione Obliviates her parents and she just watches herself disappear from all their pictures...

Also, pretty much the entire first part of Up, and: "Thanks for the adventure. Now go have one of your own." Maybe not tragic, but it gets me bawling every time.

In addition to this, there is Fox and the Hound, when the lady takes Todd away, and he tries to cheer her up in the little car and... Waaaah!

Most of Disney and Pixar moments.

Garfield and Friends. (That was more of a show, but... still. I wish they were still making episodes.)

The first freaking episode had a moment that made me cry.

That, and Garfield and His Nine Lives (a television special). The sixth life was the saddest, but also the most beautiful.

And when Dobby dies. :<

...I can't think of anymore that did the deed and did it well.

Speaking of Harry Potter, when Cedric's dad cries over him got me crying. It's always the mourning that gets me going, not the actual deaths. >_>;

Just about every single bit of Grave of the Fireflies.

it was also sad when snape killed dumbledore. if you read the books you know why(my mom devulged everything to me. i didn't read the books), but still sad.

I can't remember what triggered it but I was crying throughout The Lovely Bones.

the lovely bones made me cry. its very sad that that things like that have happened. but i liked where the creeper fell off the cliff at the end of the movie. it made me happy that he suffered(srry if that sounds morbid, but he deserved it!)

Oh, yes. That was probably one of the saddest things I've ever watched.

The ending of Hachi also made me cry.

Please use the edit button near the top of all your posts rather than double posting. The FAQ should contain quote tag help if you need. :3

I loved Dead Poet's Society. <3

Uh, I cry at just about everything these days. I'm such a girl. D|

Twice in Up (at the beginning, and when Carl found the end of the adventure book), and pretty much all through the last half of Toy Story 3. Pixar knows how to tug on the heartstrings.

Actually, I didn't cry, but I did come close. That's about as much as I ever get. tongue.gif

First movie I've ever cried at was Pokemon the First Movie. When all the Pokemon started crying over Ash. -.=.-;;

First movie I've ever cried at was Pokemon the First Movie. When all the Pokemon started crying over Ash. -.=.-;;

There's a song for that. It's called "Me and You and Pikachu" by Parry Gripp.

But yeah that was sad...I wonder how big the blast would have been...

Ohh! I have several tragic movie moments!

One of them was in AVATAR, the movie by James Cameron. One of the parts that was really sad was when Grace Augustine died. I was upset, and sad all at the same time. She didn't deserve to dieeee! sad.gif

Another tragic movie moment I heard about was in Marley and Me. Everyone knows that movie is sad! It was so awful when the dog died. sleep.gif

Those were all my Tragic Movie Moments.

Oh, that. Probably the only movie I've ever watched that makes me want to crawl into someone's arms and sob. Every single time, which is probably why I avoid it nowadays.

Also, agree on the Hermione bit in Deathly Hallows.

Okay. Now Buffy the Vampire Slayer has successfully reduced me to tears.

The episode "The Body"? Couldn't take it. I broke down about eight minutes in. D:

I cry often when watching movies.

I can't remember all the tragic moments (it would take all my life to make that list) but the first example that came to my mind:

in "Knowing" when the boy realized that his father will not go with him to the new planet but will stay on Earth and die.

I'm really very very sentimental. I even cried when Kenny died in South Park xd.png

At the end of "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas." It's a really tragic ending.

The sad parts of Homeward Bound, Milo and Otis, and pretty much the entire movie of Plague Dogs. Animal movies are my weakness, especially when you're a kid and forget the "it's just a movie" part =p

Oh, that. Probably the only movie I've ever watched that makes me want to crawl into someone's arms and sob. Every single time, which is probably why I avoid it nowadays.

And to think it was based of someone's biography...so some of that stuff did happen to someone.

That scene from Fox and the Hound always gets me.

I thought the ending to the Mist was kinda sad.

I don't cry very easily.

But I came very close when Ironhide disintegrated in Dark of the Moon >.>