TJ09

2011-05-24 - Pending Forum Downtime

The hosting provider for the forums has informed me earlier today that, due to the repeated connectivity issues they've had, they're going to be shutting down their Atlanta datacenter (where the forums are currently hosted) and migrating everyone to their new Dallas datacenter, which has availability.

Now, most of what I just said is somewhat irrelevant to everyone reading this. The main thing you need to know is that there will be downtime (for the forums only) involved. The downtime should be minimal, but may last up to an hour. After the downtime, everything will hopefully run more smoothly.

The downtime will take place at one of two times: later today, or in a few weeks (around June 15).

I'll keep this post updated as things happen (although if the forums go down, you'll know).

tl;dr: Read the bold.

Update:

We will start the migration in about 2-4hours when the current migrations are done.

Looks like somewhere 7-11 PM EST.

Final(?) Update: If you can see this, then everything is working.

The maintenance is complete, peoples' ISPs will update slowly over the next X period of time.

Edited by TJ09

Does this mean you may have to go back to Africa TJ?

ZOMG first post!!

Edited by 49ER

Thanks for informing us, TJ.

Edit: OHYEAH 2nd post.

And, Dallas is in Texas.

Edited by wonton55912

Thank you for informing us~

Now at least I won't panic if I see the forums are down.

Thanks for letting us know!

I wonder if they will be any faster for me, living closer to Dallas than to Atlanta.

Edited by Nectaris

Thanks very much for the heads up, TJ!

Thanks for the info TJ. smile.gif Hope it all goes well.

The downtime should be minimal, but may last up to an hour. After the downtime, everything will hopefully run more smoothly.

The downtime will take place at one of two times: later today, or in a few weeks (around June 15).

So, does that mean we'll be without a forum for a day or rather two? tongue.gif (Considering how long the last site downtime was supposed to last, this might well be the case...)

Still, thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for the heads-up, TJ!

*leaves brownies for everyone to nom during the downtime*

Thnks for letting us know. At least i Wont freak saying "THERES NO DRAGCAVE FORUMS!!"

yays, got my post in first 2 pages