sapphiredragon73

The Tribes- a weredragon/animal RP (:

Sikara watched as the little mouse scurried around between her paws. She'd never caught anything before and watching the mouse was a lot more fun then sitting around doing nothing. That and she still wasn't sure if she should eat it. Her mother had always told her that mice were dirty and never to touch them. Should she just let it go or was it ok to eat the little critter?

Sikara looked up in surprise when she heard a voice. A man was standing at the entrance. Her eyes went wide with guilt and she looked up at him as innocently as she could. She didn't want to get in trouble! His smile though relieved her and she grinned shyly back. "Yes, but it's just a little mouse." A mouse wasn't that big of a deal, anyone could catch a mouse. At least, that's what she thought. What did she know anyway, she was just a little kid.

Recognition finally dawned on her. He was one of the dragons that she had met yesterday! "You're Darius!" Sikara said with a big smile. She was happy with herself for remembering his name. "You were there with Mitsuko and Athena." Sikara wondered what Mitsuko was doing today. Would Mitsuko even think about her, or would she be too busy with her own tribe?

Athena

Athena shifted in her sleep, then twitched her ear as voices reached it. She yawned sleepily, her eyes still closed, then blinked open an eye. As her vision focused, she saw Sikara's back, and the hatchling seemed to be holding something by her crouched position. Next Athena took in Darius, who was conversing with Sikara. Athena rolled over, got up, and stretched, her muscles rippling. Then she padded over to Sikara and Darius. Looking down, Athena saw that Sikara had caught a mouse between her forepaws, and the mouse was running around, hardly knowing what to do. Athena smiled. "That's your first catch, is it not, Sikara?" She asked softly. "Well done. If you want, you can eat it. After all, you must be hungry, and it is yours." Athena glanced at Darius, then back at Mitsuko. "Snap it's spine, and it'll be a clean death for the mouse. It won't feel a thing, and the mouse is probably scared out of its wits right now. You don't want to torture the mouse with terror, do you? Better short and clean than long and drawn out."

Leaving Sikara with her first catch, Athena turned to Darius. "I assume you came into my den to see me? Or was it for some chat with Sikara?" She asked, smiling. A good night's sleep always did her some good, made her more cheerful and cleared her head.

~~~~~

Ares

Ares yawned and stretched, stalking out of his den. "Morning," he called to Nanashi as the Kay walked past. Ares usually woke up early, and he normally liked to do his part of his patrol early in the day, then later at night. He walked to the edge of camp, looked around, and took to the air, flying away from the camp, skimming low over the ground. He would wake the others later, let them get some more sleep so that they would do their jobs better later. Once he was a bit away from the camp, Ares slowed down, flying low over the ground and sniffing for unfamiliar and strange scents. He smelled a loner and stiffened, darting his head this way and that, but then quickly realized that the smell was stale, from at least a few days ago.

Ares quickly continued his flight, and soon, he was at the end of his part of the boundary. He turned around, and this time he flew up higher, sniffing for unwelcome smells. Up in the air, it was always harder to smell anything, but it was worth it, as some weredragons flew to avoid the sharp thorns. Ares continued with his patrol...

“Yup, you got a great memory there.” Darius praised the little hatchling as he watched the rodent attempt to flee the grasp of Sikara, to no avail. He chuckled at the rat's feeble efforts before noticing that Athena had finally woken up, probably due to the conversation between him and Sikara or the high-pitched squeaking of the rat. “Good morning Athena.” Darius immideately spoke as he bowed towards the Kay, as it marked a sign of respect to those in higher ranks. When Athena asked him for his reasons he entered her cave at such a early time, he hesitated for quite a moment before answering that question.

“Couldn't sleep at all last night, went around the patrol round kinda a little bit earlier, no signs of hostiles found.” Immediately after that, Darius opened his mouth wide as he yawned rather loudly. Rubbing his eyes with his knuckles, he turned back and looked at Athena again. “One question though, the clauses you meant yesterday, does that mean more duties for me?” Darius asked, unable to grasp the concept on what being 'fully loyal' to the tribe meant. Was it just a sign of allegiance or was it a substitution meaning for more commitment to the tribe? His lack of sleep has made his mind rather blurry with information now, along with the increasing fatigue he felt by the minute.

Edited by flamedraco

Waking up, Whiro sniffled. I think that I may have caught a cold, ever so unlikely. Looking at the sky, Whiro saw the sun had dipped lower into the sky. With her stomach gurgling, Whiro scraped the tree trunk. Looking up into the trees, she saw fruit. Are those papayas, or mangoes? So hard to tell. Leaping up, she stripped a branch of it's fruits. Gnashing her teeth, she felt the juice dripping slowly down her chin.

Sikara looked up as Athena came over. She grinned with pride and then looked down at the mouse. She was still wondering if it would be ok to eat the mouse. In the end Sikara was more hungry then worried about the mouse. Sikara gently held the mouse in one paw and use her other to break its spine, just as Athena had instructed. The mouse stopped struggling and Sikara ate it in one bite. It wasn't as tasty as the rabbit had been the day before, but it did dissipate the hunger that had been building in her stomach. The fur also tasted funny. Now that there was food in her stomach, Sikara looked up at Darius and Athena.

Sikara tilted her head in curiosity; she didn't quite understand what Darius meant. What were 'clauses'? She looked up at Athena and then her ears perked up. What sounded like the voices of children wafted in from outside Athena's den. She stood up and with one quick glance at Athena, Sikara slipped outside.

The adult dragons that were around glanced at her and she started to reconsider her plan to go and make friends. She didn't want to get into trouble, and what if Athena hadn't wanted her to go outside yet? Sikara glanced back at Athena's den but the sound of others around her own age caught her attention again. She'd always wanted friends to play with. Sikara followed the sound to where hatchlings a bit bigger then her were playing. They were at the edge of the camp, jumping over the vines that were slithering around. Sikara thought the game looked a lot like jump rope.

She sat a little distance away at first, just watching. She'd learned not to approach others during their games. As the jumping game continued, Sikara slowly approached. Before she could get closer, a blue hatchling with white stripes noticed her.

"Hi! You must be the new hatchling Athena arrived with yesterday." Sikara's eyes went wide as the blue hatchling approached her. She nodded and her voice caught in her throat. "You want to play?" Her eyes were still wide and she nodded again. The blue hatchling lead the way over to the vines while the others watched. Once she was among the group, they started playing again. Sikara hesitantly tried to jump over a vine only for it to collide with her tail making her fall. The other hatchlings laughed, but not in a mean way. "Jump like this!" a pinkish hatchling said as she leaped over a vine. Sikara tried it that way and was happy when she didn't fall over.

Sikara became engrossed in playing with the other hatchlings. The jumping game turned into a game of chase eventually. She had never had this much fun before. Once in awhile an older dragon would come over and a hatchling would break away to go train.

"So bored."

The human female lifted her limbs above her head and stretched, her back arching, her muscles aching in protest. Relaxing against the cold stone ledge that sat about fifteen feet in the air, Adrienne sat up and peered at her surroundings. The cave she resided in was... well for lack of a better word, huge. It contained a series of tunnels that was often used for privacy and had cozy ledges for dragons that liked the height - Adrienne being one of them. All around her lay dormant dragons in every possible crevice, taking advantage of the lack of light in Laeas, and catching up on sleep. A drowsy yawn escaped the female's lips, her eyes watering before she got to her feet. What time was it anyways? Adrienne Lina was, like everyone else in the camp, a were-dragon - although, unlike most creatures in her race, she preferred being in human form. Mischief was much more accessible when you aren't a six hundred pound dragon. She looked average enough. Petite frame, with large green/grey irises and long chestnut curls. Those who don't know her would consider her harmless. Those who did know, obviously knew better.

"And where do you think your going?"

The mere force of that voice would be enough to knock Arie right off her feet. She winced at the harsh tone and turned to face two very large blue eyes that gazed down at her, half amused and half annoyed.

"Just outside the cave. Shouldn't you be doing Sar duty, Varadmir?"

Vardamir was an two hundred year old fire dragon who took of Arie under his wing when her parents died. He became her lawful guardian before her maturity and has been like a father to her ever since. He was about 9 meters tall, with a 5 meter length tail and had the wingspread of 5 meters. Compared to Adrienne's 5'5 human height, he was terrifying.

Don't you backtalk me Youngling. Don't leave the perimeter looking like that - you'll get killed." He huffed, ignoring her inquiry before flying over to his nest, his wings causing a gust to dance around the cave.

Arie, possessed by her rare childlike nature, stuck her tongue out at him before jumping down a series of ledges. Sure, she can shift and fly out of the cave, but where was the fun in that? Reaching the cave ground, Adrienne all but strolled out of the cave, a cold breeze tainting her cheeks with a blush.

"Where is everyone?" She whispered, her green/grey irises darting around her surroundings. As much as she loved it, Laeas was a dreary looking place. Little sunlight made its way through the thick vines, and the lack of plant life got somewhat depressing. As per custom, Arie walked by the meeting stone to make sure nothing important was going before heading towards the stream that practically divided the camp.

Nanashi could hear sounds coming from the clearing. Sounds like the others are getting up. Nanashi turned back to Mitsuko, "Now rest. I'll bring you some food in a bit." Nanashi left the cave and approached Adrienne, shifting to human as she went. "Good morning Adrienne. Most of the others are asleep. Though if you're really that bored, perhaps you can assist me in waking them." Nanashi smiled at Adrienne. She had a fondness for the young weredragon. Free yet loyal. Passionate yet cold. Nanashi could see potential in her, though she would never say it out loud. "And Vardamir," She continued, creating a special soundwave that would travel to it's intended target ((maximum range of this ability is about 15 meters)), "Pick out a few others and go out to the southeastern boarder won't you?"

Mitsuko was bored, plain and simple. She wasn't used to staying still this long unless she was hunting. Subconsciously, Mitsuko began to sketch pictures in the dirt next to her bed. I wonder how Sikara's doing. Better then if she'd been brought to Laeas that was certain. Sikara's markngs. Where have I seen them before? Well the answer was obvious wasn't it? The Kay and Ran both had similar markings. The Kay, Nanashi, always gave Mitsuko a warm feeling, as though she really cared about those weaker than her. For some reason, the Ran, Fascino, always made her uneasy. It was unfair of her to think that way, since he had never done anything to deserve such thoughts. Mitsuko shook her head. Her thoughts kept going in circles, though she supposed it was better than being bored all the time. How would Sikara feel if she met her father? Her grandmother? It was usless to think about it when she still felt groggy from the painkillers. Mitsuko sighed and went into a doze, she'd think about it later.

Edited by Mitsuko

“Grah, I can't believe I actually doze off here..” Darren groaned as he stretched himself as he felt aches around his body. Usually, his own poison would only cause minor drowsiness to himself after consumption, somehow, yesterday's meal had a large dosage of it for some unknown reason that he fell sound asleep immideately after finishing the meal. Maybe his poisoned water plan wasn't such a good idea after all. He was used to sleeping on the outside, when the caves are full as he didn't want any Maks to complain that they had been injured by his sharp spikes running down his back. However, sleeping on the top of a cliff with a plethora of sharp hard rocks wasn't really relaxing at all. After minutes of complaining to himself, he finally decided to start off the day.

Carefully stalking the a ewe from behind, Darren crept silently in his coyote form as he aimed to follow the prey back to where it's family was, where he could hunt more with minimal effort. After a long ardent twenty minutes, he finally caught scent of more ewes in the distance. He immideately shifted into his dragon form, before breathing fumes of toxic towards the group of ewes. The ewes frantically fled for survival where they slowly decelerated in speed, before collapsing to the ground with a loud thud. “That was easy.” Darren commented to himself as he dragged three of the ewes along with him back towards the camp. In the midst of doing so, he saw Nanashi exiting her cave, talking to yet another senior member of the tribe.

“Morning Nanashi and Morning Adrienne.” He greeted the two of them before tugging his pile of prey along his back. Such a large amount of food would usually get a praise from the older dragons, but that isn't much of a case for Darren, considering that the only person consuming the food was himself. Making his way to the prey pile, he neatly stacked the preys just beside the main kill pile, before deciding to go to the riverbank for a cool refreshing shower.

Edited by flamedraco

Athena

Athena smiled as Darius informed her of the safe boundaries, then listened silently to Darius's question.

"No, Shadow, it just means that you have to promise never to tell your brother anything revealing about our tribe during your meetings, and be sure that you'll never want to go over and join his tribe," Athena replied gently, watching Sikara go and join the other hatchlings. "We can discuss this later. Right now, you look sleepy. Go to your den and get some rest. You deserve it." Athena nodded to Darius, dismissing him. Then she walked out of her den into the early morning sunlight. She watched the hatchlings play for a while, making sure no one got hurt, and no one was bullying Sikara. However, all the hatchlings seemed to have accepted the little one, and they were all playing together nicely. A weredragon would come and take a hatchling away for training now and then. Athena let Sikara play and get used to the hatchlings, but as the morning wore on, the hatchlings were almost all gone, taken away for training.

"Sikara," Athena called, near midmorning, when all but one hatchling had gone. "Let us go train. I'll take you on a patrol of the territory, and we can practice scenting."

Darius nodded at Athena when she explained about the aspect of commitment, solely because he was already half-asleep at that point. He did pick up that he was prohibited from disclosing tribe information to his brother. “Simple enough.” He thought to himself. When Athena advised him to get some rest, Darius immideately snapped out of his state before looking up to the Kay. “Really? Thank you so much, Athena.” He responded, before taking a bow. The only thing that was in his mind was that he was probably going to have to whole den to himself, as most of the dragons are already up and out on their duties. “I'll guess.. I'll head off first then. Thanks again.” Darius bowed yet again, before finally leaving her cave. Upon reaching the Mak's cave, he heard his name being called by one of the senior Maks.

“Darius! Where have you been? Your group has already gone out on their duties!” The senior Mak yelled.

“Athena said I could take a break for today.” Darius responded, before letting out a rather long yawn. The senior Mak was skeptical about Darius' statement as he didn't knew that Darius had connections with the higher ranked tribe members.

“Stay still here. I'll talk to her personally.” The dragon replied before flying off towards the direction where Darius arrived from. It seemed as though it was an eternity before the Mak returned, as the numbers of yawns from Darius was almost uncountable. “Alright Darius, you go get some rest for today. You'll join the evening group in hunting though. Okay?”

“Alright then.” Darius muttered. Walking into the cave, it was cold and spacious, due to the fact that nobody was around with the exception of him. Lying on the floor and closing his eyes, Darius fell asleep almost immideately.

Noticing that the duo that he greeted were more engrossed in their conversations than to greet him back, Darren found himself in a awkward situations. Taking a few steps back, he suddenly remembered that Mitsuko was still in Nanashi's cave, recuperating from her injuries from the previous day. “Hey Nanashi, don't mind if I check on Mitsh, right?” He asked, where he didn't hear a respond at all, treating it as a 'yes'. He quickly walked towards the cave as peered in from outside.

“Mistuko? You alright?” Darren asked, wondering if the treatment that Nanashi had applied yesterday was effective as the tribe had always said. There were still a plethora of questions roaming around Darren's mind though, but he needed Mitsuko to answer them,

Edited by flamedraco

Noises from the clearing shook Mitsuko from sleep. The fact that the noises were bothering her ment that whatever Nanashi had given her to help her sleep had worn off. Even after a week of living in camp, it was hard for her to sleep with other weredragons nearby. Footsteps were approaching the cave, but she kept her eyes closed. She wasn't sure if the dragon was Nightstreak or not, and she really didn't feel like having yet another argument with her mentor.

"Mitsuko? You alright?" came Darren's voice from the entrance. He sounded like he wanted to talk, so Mitsuko opened her eyes and lifted her head. "Yes, certainly better then yesterday. But that's not really why you came is it? I'll answer what I can, but I don't think I'll be much help. I've only had all of two conversations with Darius after all."

"So how do you like it here so far?" The blue hatchling asked Sikara as they played with a round and bouncy object that he had created. They kicked the ball back and forth and the blue hatchling was careful about not kicking it too far away from Sikara.

"I...I like it." Sikara said hesitantly as she used her front paw to kick the ball back at the other hatchling. She didn't know what else to say really, she'd only been here a day. Sikara had to admit though that the one day had been one of the nicest. She'd never gotten to play like this with any of the children from the village and she'd never felt this safe before being outside around others. He kicked the ball back at her but it rolled wide. Sikara dove to catch it, but she miscalculated and ended up tripping over the ball. She landed with an 'oof', her nose in the dirt.

"H-hey are you ok?" The blue hatchling asked hesitantly. Sikara was such a tiny hatchling that he wasn't quite sure if she could take a fall like that. He walked over to her, the slime ball he'd created becoming a puddle on on the ground which slowly seeped into the dirt.

"I'm fine." Sikara said hurriedly as she sat up. She was sore, but she'd suffered worse injuries in the past. Falling in the dirt was nothing to being thrown against a stone wall. She also didn't want to seem weak.

"I'm Falroon by the way." The blue hatchling said as his worry vanished and he grinned. He tilted his head and gave her a big playful smile.

"I'm S-Sikara." She said her name hesitantly, feeling very shy suddenly. Falroon continued to grin at her and Sikara couldn't help but grin right back at him.

Before they could continue playing though, Sikara heard her name. She looked up and spotted Athena. Sikara looked up at the older dragon guiltily. Maybe she shouldn't have gone off the way she had? Was she in trouble? Sikara felt a little better though when Athena said it was time to train. Athena didn't seem mad so Sikara must not be in trouble. She smiled up at Athena and stood up, half skipping over to her. She looked back at Falroon not knowing what to say. Should she say bye? It was obvious she'd see him again. Would he want to play later? What if training took all day and she wouldn't see him until tomorrow.

"I'll see ya later Sikara. I'll show you some neat spots later." Falroon blinked his nearly black eye at him at looked at at Athena. He smirked up at his Kay. He'd played a few pranks on her in the past, all in fun of course.

Athena

Athena smiled at Sikara as the hatchling neared. "Good, we can start your first day of training." Then she turned to Falroon, the mischevious blue hatchling. "Falroon, go ahead and find your mentor. I'm sure they have something in store for you today." Athena commanded the hatchling then looked back at Sikara. "Sikara, you won't be flying today. We're traveling a long way and I don't want you to fall asleep, as this is a very important part of your training. I'll be showing you the best places to hunt in our territory, the worst places, and most importantly of all, the most dangerous." Athena paused, looking at sikara.

"After we've done that, or even along the way, we can practice scenting, smelling for prey and foreign objects or weredragons." Athena looked at Sikara. "We'll be walking some of the time, but we'll fly more than we walk, and we'll catch something on the way to eat and some to bring back home. Ready?"

Darren raised his eyebrow as he heard Mitsuko's response, it was as though the dragon had saw through his intentions. “Come on, really? I mean, I known Darius since he was born, it's not like I need much more information, other than he is still alive...” He replied, his voice sounded boastful at first, before sounding increasingly desperate. “Gah! Who am I kidding...” Darren uttered to himself, smacking his head with his right paw. He took a glimpse towards the entrance to check if Nanashi was still embroiled in her conversation before taking a huge sigh.

“Listen here, Mitsuko. You know I have a reputation around the Maks. If any of the information leaks about Darius, everything will be tarnished. What I wish you could do, is not to disclose the information of my brother to anybody. Not Fascino, not Nightstreak, not even Nanashi.” He requested, catching his breather as he thought about what to say next. “You know what? You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. If you do this for me, I'll try my utmost best to ask Nanashi to change your mentor. I'm not going to be responsible for anything after that though.”

Edited by flamedraco

Mitsuko looked a little surprised at Darren's request. "You don't have to bribe me. I wasn't going to tell anyone. It's not my secret to tell anyway." She knew that telling Darren's secret would help no one, in fact, it could hurt the tribe in the long run if it was told. She had the feeling that neither brother wanted to switch tribes, and that neither one would betray their tribe. She felt it to be in everyone's best interests to keep quiet, and like she had said, it wasn't her secret to tell.

"I don't mean to offend, but I'm not sure how much influence you have with Nanashi. You could try persuading her, but I don't think she'll make a decision until she speaks with Nightstreak. Besides, it does look a little suspicious that you're suddenly taking an interest in me after ignoring me all week. Don't you think?" Mitsuko wasn't sure who she'd be assigned to if Nightstreak wasn't her mentor. She was sure that she did't want to be paired up with Ares though.

~Fascino~

Surprisingly enough, Fascino had run into the human female he had meant to meet with a day early. He was able to manipulate her just as he always did with the humans and he sent her on her way. Now he was washing himself clean at one of the many springs within the forest. He always preferred to be clean before returning to the clan. Fascino rubbed his white and red hide against the rough rocks and then went back into the water. Now that the human had been taken care of he would have to start hunting for another one. He had given orders to the sars to always report the finding of a human female, but of the ears were lazy or didn't understand the importance.

Once he was sure the genes sent was removed from him, Fascino breathed a coat of his pollen over his body. Weaker willed creatures could be controlled by this layer of pollen, and it was always good to be prepared. Fascino found a clearing and stretched out in the sun to dry. He saws close enough to the border that he'd be able to see any enemy dragons, but far enough away that if a Sares came at him they would be starting a fight where he would have the advantage.

~Sikara~

Sikara listened closely as Athena told her about what they would be doing. She was excites to say the least; she was already being included in things. Sikara had never been this busy before, not even when her motherworked during harvest time with the farmers. Sikara was a little worried about flying though; it had been hard taking off and flying yesterday and her back felt a little stiff.

"Ok Athena." Sikara chirped out with a smile. Sikara trusted Athena so much already that she did not fear something bad happening to her, instead she worried about dissapointing Athena. Before she could forget, Sikara told Athena about this morning. "I caught a mouse when I woke up!" She'd never done that before and Darius had made it seem like a big deal.

~Falroon~

Falroon was a bit disappointed that he wouldn't get to play more with Sikara. He'd taken an instant liking to her and he felt that since he was bigger, she was his responsibility. Hatchlings often partnered up so that when they had free time adults wouldn't have to watch them. That and games were so much more fun when you had a friend. So he bristling turned and with several quick beats of his wings and a mighty leap into the air, he headed for the desert a little ways from the tribe.

Falroon was not looking forward to training to be honest. Laerid had hinted at stealth training today. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but Falroon had learned very early on that his mentor was stricter then strict; which left Falroon on his back with new bruises. Falroon was stronger then some of the other war hatchlings, but it make him feel any better.

Soon enough Falroon was circling the training area of the desert. He had yet to see his mentor Laerid. This single fact put Falroon on edge.

((not my best work but...I didn't want to keep putting it off. planning on doing better in the future!))

Sareth

Sareth floated down the river on his back, content with a small meal of trout settling in his belly and the sun gleaming down from above. By the angle he judged it to be roughly an hour either side of noon. His agenda for the day was more or less as it had been for the last...well, he'd lost track of the years at some point. By now he knew pretty much every waterway he could find as well as any creature could and yet he was constantly exploring them, looking for something new or in the hopes of running into someone to talk with, even occasionally looking for mischief. He knew the river that was the widely acknowledged border between the two sides was as good a place as any for such things, and often spent days, sometimes weeks if he was leisurely in his travel, navigating its length. He wasn't sure if the waterway had a name but he often referred to it as Scar River, and the ravine it was nestled in just as the Scar. Sometimes he missed the open sea but for the most part he was content with the streams, rivers, lakes and ponds he did have access to. Some of them were even surprisingly deep.

Sareth looked around in relative boredom. He had been hoping to run into some sort of border patrol or scouting party on this trip. It usually happened at some point as he traveled the vast cage that held the were-dragons within. Perhaps some verbal sparring would be nice or, failing that, a good tussle with some young, over-eager 'warriors'. He wasn’t trained in combat by any means, never having done much fighting as a human and not really wanting to side with either of the ridiculous factions that inhabited his new home long enough to be trained to fight as a dragon. Mostly he just went with his instincts and what little he'd picked up in tavern brawls. So far it had served him fairly well. With a sigh, he let himself drift lazily with the gentle current through the day.

((not sure what sort of mischief I want to make with him yet lol So leaving him open for now. If anyone wants to 'happen upon him' feel free))

Laerid

Laerid waited, impatiently, for his latest trainee to arrive. Though he was as harsh and strict with the boy as he'd been with every other that he'd trained, he had to admit (if privately to himself) that he was pleased with the boys progress. He was as energetic, excitable, and flighty as any child his age, but he seemed capable of mastering the tasks set him and often did so at a pace a bit above what experience led Laerid to expect. The kid didn't seem to enjoy training in the desert, but then, few aside from himself enjoyed the hot, barren lands. Few realized just how much there was in such a 'wasteland'. He always surprised the younger and/or newer members of the tribe with just how much prey could be found in what they called 'dead' lands.

He watched the skies, counting the minutes, until he knew that, yet again, his charge was tardy. He sighed heavily but didn’t have to wait much longer before he spotted a large shadow cast upon the hazy sands around him and his eyes were drawn up to the figure in the sky casting it. He grinned mischievously, his apprentice hadn't spotted him. Not much of a surprise, but still a good thing.

He waited until Falroon had landed at their usual, prearranged meeting place and slowly moved from his spot amongst the sands. He slowly crept along the rolling dunes, careful to keep behind any cacti or rocks so as not to give away his presence. With his years of experience it didn’t take much time or effort to sneak up behind his unwary victim and once he stood close enough he simply tapped the boys rear flank with a single claw. “Dead” he announced simply as he made his point about the importance of stealth.

“Well, I'm glad that you could see my point, thank you for that.” He thanked the oxet, heaving a sigh of relief as thought about the number of issues that was averted. However, his smile was quickly short-lived as Mitsuko questioned about Darren's intentions. Intentions? He didn't had intentions at all. He stared intently at her for a few seconds, he finally decided to spoke up.

“First of all, I am not the one who takes charge of oxets. I only heard stories about you from Nightstreak, majority of the ones negative. It's not that I always avoided and shunned you in the first place, it's the fact that we barely even met since you joined.” Darren hissed, pacing around the oxet. His bright yellow eyes glowed brighter at the same time. “Secondly, in case you didn't know, most of the Maks in the tribes feared me. I don't want to go into detail about that, but I assure you that I have more influence that you think. And last of all, if it wasn't for my rescue, you could have been killed!”

Darren paused for a moment as he caught a breather, trying to ease himself down as the glow in his eye slowly dimmed back to normal. "But still, I thought that I would never see my brother again." He muttered, his head facing the Sares camp as he sat down beside Mitsuko, before sighing in regret.

Mitsuko

Mitsuko met Darren's angry yellow eyes with her silver ones while he vented his frustration at her. Usually she would meet such words with harsh words of her own, but she didn't have the heart for it this time. She could almost feel the conflicting emotions in Darren's voice. She couldn't blame him. He found out his long-lost brother was alive, but living in the enemy tribe. She didn't know how to help either of them. The only thing she could really do was keep their secret.

Mitsuko shifted a little so that she was facing Darren better. "Sorry," she said softly, not wanting to anger him more "I'm not used to talking to others." She was silent for a little while, but something was continuing to nag at the back of her mind. "Darren? What is Darius like?"

----------------

Nanashi

Nanashi didn't want another late start in her tribe again, so she began to wake the sleeping Maks and Sars with low sonic vibrations. She assigned a few hunting patrols and sent out the morning border patrols. While she could hear voices coming from her den, she tuned them out. Having exceptional hearing was no excuse for evesdropping on her own tribe. Traitors didn't usually last very long, after all. If it was anything too serious, she was sure it would come to light soon enough. Nanashi went to a nice spot in the sun to wait for the rest of the tribe to awaken, and lay down, calm but alert.

Darren's eyebrow raised as he heard Mitsuko's apology. It was somewhat a contrast of what Nightstreak told him before. “Well for one, Darius is a rather quiet kid, he usually keeps things to himself and refuses to voice his opinion unless prompted to.” He answered, looking upward as he thought of more facts about him. “Also, he has the tendency to think way too much. Once, when I ask him to pass me my switchblade for cutting cable ties, he thought I was using it to murder people.” Chucking a little, Darren heard a familiar faint voice filling his eardrums. Peering upwards, he noticed that Nanashi was emitting her wake-up calls towards the tribe, where the majority of them would are still slumbering in the caves.

“Well, I don't think I should bother you anymore for now. Rest up and don't overwork those muscles. I have no idea in the world where your mentor is right now. If you think you're feeling better, you could ask Nanashi about the mentors part. I have no responsibility you may end up on though.” Darren spoke. After doing so, he stood up and stretched his dragon body, taking one last glimpse around Nanashi's den. “I'll be off then.” Walking out of the cave, Darren walked alongside Nanashi as he gave a bow, before flapping his wings and flying back to the Maks cave to wake the dragons up.

Edited by flamedraco

Falroon had landed easily onto the hot dry ground below. He wished halfheartedly that his mentor would train him in the forest where all the other mentor/apprentices worked. He thought about the blissful shade of the tall trees and sighed. Falroon shuffled from foot to foot, the pads of his paws uncomfortable against the hard and hot ground. Moss and grass was a much nicer substance to walk on.

Falroon felt a claw on his back and jumped as he heard his mentor proclaim his death. He spun around quickly and stumbled back a step. Of course his mentor would start the day with 'showing' him the importance of the lesson. Just as his mentor had 'shown' him the importance of using the landscape to your advantage by using a cactus. "I apologize for being late mentor Laerid." Falroon grumbled as he composed himself. "I was with the new hatchling that Athena introduced yesterday." Perhaps his mentor would show leniency if he knew that Falroon hadn't meant to be late. Lessons always seemed harder with Laerid was upset with Falroon.

"I'm ready for today's lesson." Falroon continued as he bowed his head in respect and then waited for his mentor to instruct him. He tried really hard not to shift from foot to foot as he waited for Laerid to tell him what to do today. Although Falroon preferred to not be stationary for very long, he knew that Laerid didn't like his constant movement.

The majestic dragon looked outside the den as he extended his neck in order to see what was going on. He went outside as he noticed Athena and Sikara. He went towards them. "How are you doing today?" He asked the dragons. Crester was a little tired for some reason. "Ugh," was all he thought of. The majestic dragon looked at Athena. "Good day," he smiled at her then at Sikara. It indeed was a good day. The sun was bright and the weather felt good and was good. Crester was somewhat happy.

He then gave a quick glance as he scanned the tribe with his eyes. "Good." He thought. "When will we head off to catch prey?" The dragon asked. Sikara never really knew him, so he had to properly introduce himself to her. "Oh, Sikara, I forgot to tell you. I am Crester, the second Kay. I wanted to tell you good job that you caught a mouse! Very well!" Crester encouraged Sikara a little bit. He knew something good will come out of her when she'll develop and grow up.

Edited by Brainiac

Athena

Athena smiled at Sikara's enthusiastic reply. Sikara, she was sure, was not going to be hard to train at all, especially if she kept this energetic stream up. As sikara told her that she had caught a mouse, Athena's eyes widened. "A mouse?" She asked, surprised. "Already? Great job, Sikara. You show talent that is very rare among us. It is very rare that a hatchling can catch anything before having been trained," She praised the hatchling. Athena stopped as Crester, the second Kay, walked up to them. She dipped her head in response to his greeting. "I am well, Crester. How are you?" She asked politely. In truth, Athena liked Crester well enough, but Sikara was her main priority currently, and Athena was eager to be off, for they had much to do. When Crester asked when the hunting patrols would go, Athena frowned. "I have training to do, Crester. Surely you know by now that it is your responsibility to organize the patrols today."

She waited, her tail tip twitching in impatience, as Sikara and Crester exchanged pleasantries. Finally she intervened, her impatience and common sense winning over. If she waited longer, then they would not have time to do everything that they needed to do today. "Crester, I know you are eager to meet Sikara. However, we have training to do, and if we tarry here longer, we cannot finish what we need to today. We must be off." Athena shifted her attention to Sikara. "Come, my little one. We will be able to meet everyone very soon, but for now, we must train."

"Very well," Crester said politely. "Haha, sorry, thanks for reminding me that. I'm tired, after all. Yesterday was difficult." Crester muttered. He needed to organize a hunting patrol for they will have no food left if no one would take care of it. He needed his best Maks and Sars for that, but a small patrol that is, for the safety of the clan comes first. "Off you go Sikara, you must train now with Athena. She is a great mentor, you'll do fine." Crester told Sikara.

Then, Crester scanned the clan for his trusted Maks and Sars. "Whiro, Darius, Cerise and Laerid, we must go now for a hunting patrol. The food is on leakage and we need to supply our clan with prey and food to consume for the next days. We must head near the Tar Pit, in order to hunt for crocodiles and anacondas. These will hand us a well profit and a decent amount of meat to munch on for the next days. Shall we go? Not much time left."

(My post is better now?)

Feeling the cool morning breeze on the top of the cliff, Darren could not help be mesmerized by the branches of the trees with their swaying and synchronized motions. It was still a little tad early for lunch and Darren has nothing in his mind he wanted to do until then. He yawned once before stretching his wings at the top of the cliff. To Darren, this was his favourite spot to stay idle around. It gave him a solitary place to reflect on things that had happened. However, it was also the same place where he was bitten by those dragons, those dragons that cornered him after a long chase...

“You sure Nanashi would punish Darren?” Darren head tilted up as he heard a voice, which was familiar. He quickly dropped on the floor to hide himself, before craning his neck on the top of the cliff and peering down.

“Yeah! I mean really. If his brother is from the other tribe, I'm sure Nanashi will accuse him of espionage.” Another voice responded. Darren instinctively knew who the voices were. Those three morons from yesterday.

“I'm not sure... Darren will probably kill us.” The last one of the trio replied with a worried tone. As he turned his head, Darren quickly pulled away from the cliff, lest being discovered. “He's not at his stupid cliff. I guess he's on duty.”

It was then that Darren could not take it any longer. In a fit of rage, he immideately stood up and flapped his wings. He jumped down from the cliff and immideately darted down towards the trio as fast as a missle. As soon as he reached the floor, he swerved as he tackled down two of the three dragons with a loud crash. The two dragons flew back for a few meters before handing hard towards the ground, spasming.

Darren was not spared either. His right shoulder felt as though it was dislocated, he was not able to feel his right hand at all. “Great.” He muttered to himself, grimacing as he rubbed his right shoulder in an attempt to lodge back the dislocation. The remaining dragon stared in shock as he instinctively darted to escape. However just as he was about to, the dragon was shot in the mouth with a fast dart of venom by Darren. He sprinted for a few seconds, before slowing down and falling to the ground, sprawling in agony.

“You idiots, stay down. I told you three not to utter a single word about this!” Darren roared, shifting towards his human form as he clutched his right arm. “You fools. If you ever tell any dragons of this incident, I make the senior Maks treat you like oxets again!” The two dragons nodded in fear as the other one was still knocked out cold. “And if you ever tell anyone, anyone about my brother, you three 'musketeers' are going to pay, badly.”

“We promise! We promise!” One of them begged for mercy. That was the reaction that Darren wanted. He gazed towards the three dragons for one last moment before walking away without a response. It was then that he felt a sharp pain on his right shoulder, he held back against screaming as he was still near those three imbeciles. "Grah. Better ask Nanashi for help." He thought to himself as he slowly made his way towards the Kay's cave. Nearing the cave with the Kay in sight, Darren immideately called for Nanashi's name as he pointed towards his right arm with his left.

Edited by flamedraco