sapphiredragon73

The Tribes- a weredragon/animal RP (:

Athena

Athena watched Mitsuko make a short reply to Shadow's question, then fly off somewhere. Probably to finish her patrol, Athena thought. She looked down at Sikara as the hatchling spoke. Was that... fear in Sikara's eyes? Of what? The tribe? The territory? Athena herself? The dragons? The future? The past? Or maybe, all of them? Athena looked at the child carefully, but she could decipher no more from the girl's expression. Instead, Athena nodded, smiling. "I'll be your mentor, little one. It'll be fun, and I'll teach you all I know. Who knows, maybe one day, you'll be a leader of the tribe."

Athena continued smiling, imagining this little... dragon at the head of the Sares Tribe. She looked down again at Sikara. The little hatchling was now a true dragon, her wings and tail having been formed while the girl was eating, and a snout and paws as well. Her markings were also clear. Athena transformed quickly into her dragon form. Sikara would understand her fully now. She looked into Sikara's eyes, full of fear. "Sikara, don't be scared. You can always shift back to your human form, if you wish. It'll take a bit of practice to get used to shifting, but you'll be able to soon."

Athena looked at the girl, and something stuck out to her. The leg! She had almost forgotten! "Sikara," Athena started, "would you lay down on your side for me, with the side with your hurt leg facing up? I want to take a look at your leg." She smiled comfortingly. "Sikara, I just wanted to ask you a question. Where is your mother, and why were you being chased by them?" Athena stopped smiling, but there was still compassion in her eyes; there was still understanding, and most importantly, love. The time was not right for happiness, but that didn't mean it wasn't right for other things.

Edited by sapphiredragon73

Sikara felt happy when Athena said it would be fun. Sikara's mother had tried to make things fun at home, had spent a lot of time with her playing and giving Sikara as much of a childhood as she could. The fear lifted a little and Sikara was able to smile. Maybe things wouldn't be as bad as Sikara was imaging it would be. After years of feeling out of place, of being called a demon, maybe things would be better? Sikara felt hope, the kind of hope she felt whenever her mother had told her a fairytale where the common girl had found her prince charming. Maybe this was her happily ever after?

Sikara was a little intimidated when Athena turned back into her dragon form. Athena was so much bigger then she was! Sikara looked over her shoulder at her little body. Without her baggy clothes Sikara could better see how skinny she really was, even as a dragon. She could even count her ribs. She'd never really thought about it, since her mother had always tried to feed her. But she felt really self conscious right now in front of Athena.

Sikara took a limping step forward. Her balance felt completely off, with a tail and having to walk on four legs. Part of it was also her back leg, it was still injured even in her dragon form. She laid down, a little awkwardly with her injured leg up. Sikara felt a little weird laying on her side like this. Then again, being a dragon felt weird. "Is this ok?" She asked. Sikara wanted to start doing things correct right away!

Sikara paused and thought about her mother. "Momma got sick. The local doctors said she was a witch and she was being punished. She...she fell asleep last night and wouldn't wake up. That's when the men came." Sikara thought about her life. Her earliest memory was of the villagers calling her mother a witch. She remembered her mother shielding her against the stones. Sikara was a demon's child, that's what the villagers said. That's why she had her scars. "She said...she said she met my dad here in the forest. That he had long red hair, and wore red and white robes. Momma hoped he would come to the village one day, but he never did. She waited and waited, got more and more tired." There were tears in Sikara's eyes. She really wanted her momma.

Edited by Ethril Dragon

Athena

"Yup, just like that," Athena replied to Sikara's question. She looked at the leg, nodding as Sikara talked. She looked up when the child had finished, and saw tears in the poor girl's eyes. "Oh, my little one, do not be sad. Your mother will watch over you in here; she'll be with you and your actions. Even though she may be gone physically, her spirit still stays with you." Athena comforted the child, her voice soft and mournful, and her eyes full of understanding. "My mother died too, when I was young, though maybe not as young as you are. I know she still watches over me, and you should too. Your father, on the other hand, seems like he is a weredragon. He cannot get out of this forest; that's why he hasn't visited. He sounds familiar... but I can't place it. I'll be sure to tell you if I remember, though." Athena looked back at Sikara's injured leg, still watching the girl's expression out of the corner of her eyes. She was feeling sorry for the girl, but maybe it was because of their shared history; Athena also felt love for Sikara, almost a motherly love.

Sikara's leg was damaged, but not beyond repair. It's only dislocated, Athena thought in relief after a bit of careful inspection. She repeated this thought out loud to Sikara. "It'll hurt to fix, but you'll be able to put weight on it soon," Athena informed the child. "It'll probably be fine after a few days. Hold this branch between your teeth, It;ll help a bit." Athena gave the branch to Sikara, then placed her forepaws on the hatchling's injured leg. Even after all that moving around, the bone was still where it should have been. That's good, Athena thought. "Ready?" she asked Sikara. "One, two, three," Athena gave a quick tug and a push, and heard the satisfying sharp "click" that meant that it was fixed. Knowing that it must have hurt a lot, Athena crouched down next to Sikara's head. "It's all over now, and I think you'll find that you can stand on it. If you want to rest a bit, that's not a problem with me. You're a brave girl, Sikara," Athena crooned lovingly.

Sikara hoped Athena was right. She couldn't imagine life where her mother wasn't watching over her. Her mother had always been there, holding her close, bandaging her injuries, spending time with her, and just being there. Her mother had taught her the basics of reading and how to show respect. Sikara's mother had always said just because they were poor, it didn't mean Sikara didn't have to be a lady. Sikara felt a little better, telling Athena what had happened. It wasn't everything, but it was enough for now.

And then Athena was talking to her as well, telling her about her own mother. Her eyes were wide and she was amazed that someone as kind and smart as Athena had had bad things happen to her as well. Sikara felt so much closer to Athena now. "I don't mind not knowing him. He won't even know me." Sikara said, unsure of how she would feel if she met her father one day. Would he even be interested in her? Would he remember her mother?

Wondering about her father distracted Sikara for all of a minute. She bit down on the branch without thinking and even chewed on it with her new sharp teeth. They felt weird in her mouth and the one that was loose wiggled against the wood. And then there was a sharp and sudden pain from her leg and Sikara yelped against the branch in her mouth. She bit down harder and her loose tooth embedded itself into the wood. She whimpered softly, but as she moved her leg slowly it did feel better.

Sikara let go of the branch and as it fell from her mouth she was surprised to see her loose tooth was still embedded in it. Sikara flicked her tongue around the spot, the feeling of missing a tooth distracting her enough from her leg. She rolled onto her stomach and awkwardly stood up. "I think I'm ok." She said as she took an experimental step forward. She would have to get used to walking on all fours.

Athena

"I think he will remember," Athena replied to Sikara as the hatchling voiced her unsureness. "You'll find that weredragons tend to have longer memories than humans do." As Sikara let go of the branch that she had been chewing on, Athena was surprised to see a tooth embedded in the branch, and smiled with amusement when Sikara felt the spot with her tongue. "It'll grow back," Athena assured the hatchling, still smiling. "Does it hurt?" She asked, indicating the hatchling's leg. "If it still hurts, we'll rest for a little before going back. We're going to fly there." Athena glanced at the hatchling's wings. They seemed small, but they would carry the girl; Sikara was small herself, and she was very thin. Athena looked at Sikara, at the golden markings and the white scales, to the hatchling's eyes. The golden dragon's eyes then strayed to the ribs, the damaged leg... The hatchling was so... adorable... yet so pitiful. Athena leaned over and nuzzled Sikara lovingly. I'll be like a new mother to her, Athena vowed to herself. I'll make her feel at home here.

Athena watched Sikara take an experimental step, noting that the hatchling still looked off balance. She needs to adjust, Athena realized after a bit of worrying and thinking. She's not used to walking on four legs; she's only walked on two for most of her life, and only walked on four when she was a newborn, and she wouldn't remember that. Athena smiled, watching the girl. "You'll get used to walking soon enough; we'll be spending a lot of time in our dragon form. However, flying is the key, and like I said, we'll be flying back. So, I think you'll have your flying lesson today, as soon as you think you're ready." Athena smiled encouragingly. "It's quite fun, actually, when you get the hang of it."

Sikara walked around a few steps, she squeaked as her tail went the wrong way and she ended up tripping. She rolled and then ended up in a pile at Athena's feet. She frowned and flexed her leg. "It's a little sore..." Sikara admitted as she stood back up. "But I'm fine really!" She wanted to show Athena that she could be a good girl, so that Athena wouldn't regret her decision.

"Flying?" Sikara didn't know how to feel about this. She felt the excitement at the idea, as any child would, but she was also afraid. She'd been born as a human, and that fact made her think she would never fly. Sikara looked back at her wings and focused on them. She flapped them once or twice and then spread them as far as she could. Sikara looked up at Athena's wings and then back at her new wings. She was so much smaller.

"What if I'm too little?" During her few interactions with the town children, they'd always told her she was too small or weak to play with them. Even at the age of 5 she was still rather small. And now looking at herself as a dragon, she was still small. Sikara wondered if she'd ever be big and beautiful like her mother and Athena.

Urarius landed on a boulder and shifted back into a dragon. She was not sure what was more unsettling: bones shrinking or bones elongating. The wind once again seemed tiny and worthless to carry her weight, but it would still do its job. She grabbed the goat that she had killed and secured it in her talons. Urarius took off with the kill and hovered above Cerise. "How long do you think this will last?" she teased.

((Just Sayin: The following material may not harmonize with the RP beleifs! Will edit as nessesary!))

The sun above Urarius warmed her as she held her place. Dragons were widely regarded as reptilians. Therefore, dependant on the sun or an outside source for the heat they needed. The inside of a dragon tells a much different story. The lungs, for example, more closely resemble avian lungs than those of reptiles do. The heart is also this way. The huge, four-chambered organ pumps blood as a bird of prey or a human would, rather than a reptile. ((rantity, rant rant)) Urarius basked and looked down at Cerise for an answer.

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Athena

Athena looked at Sikara, admiring the young girl's courage. Such bravery and confidence at such a young age. We need more dragons like her, Athena thought, a smile playing at her lips. "Yes, flying, young one. Your wings will be enough to carry you; you're old enough." Athena watched as Sikara flapped her wings, stretching them out to full length before folding them back again. Athena smiled as Sikara's eyes flicked to her own golden wings, and Athena followed her gaze. She looked at her wings, which were so much larger than Sikara's. "Oh, Sikara," Athena started, "don't worry! Your wings are plenty large enough to carry you. As you grow, which I am completely sure you will, your wings will grow as well. You'll see, mark my words." Athena looked at Sikara. "Shall we begin?" She asked, smiling.

"I want you to stretch your wings out to the farthest they go. You might start being sore, because you never had or used, for that matter, those muscles before. Tell me if you get tired or sore during the journey; I'll carry you back, don't worry." Athena gave the hatchling a reassuring look. She continued, "Next, you're going to flap your wings gently, flapping them a bit harder and faster with each beat. Last, when you think you're ready, and when your wings are flapping hard, you're going to kick off the ground first with your front legs, and then follow through with your hind. Do you think you can do that?" Athena looked at Sikara. "Here, I'll show you," she said, then spread her wings. With practiced ease, Athena flapped her wings and kicked off from the ground, her wings flapping smoothly. "It's simple, once you get the hang of it," Athena called from the air. "We can practice a bit before we start. Do you want to try?" Athena asked, landing.

"Yeah, nice chatting to you too." Darius replied towards Mitsuko as he watch her shift into her dragon form flew away. With that done, he turned around to Athena who requested him to return to his daily activity. "Will do, Athena." He responded, bowing at Kay as he quickly shifted to his avian animal form, taking one last glance at the new hatching before flapping his wings as he flew back in the direction of the base. "Aww heck, I don't want to called out again." Darius muttered to himself as he caught the scent of fresh goat's blood. "They must have already begun hunting." He thought to himself, using his acute sense of smell to track down where the dragon was.

"How long do you think this will last?" A voice called out as Darius watched Urarius who was hovering in the air as his talons grabbed on the just slain prey. Darius then began circling around the dragon, estimating around the size of the goat. He then darted besides Cerise as he shifted back to his dragon form.

"Well, if half of the Maks are unsuccessful in catching food for today, I'll say... the goat will be finished by seconds." Darius commented as he looked up at the brown oxet. "And sorry about that Cerise, I was busy with some errands earlier today."

Sikara smiled shyly, still a little unsure about if she would really grow. She'd always been afraid she'd stay small forever. Sikara listened to Athena intently and then nodded. Doing as Athena told her, Sikara spread her wings as far as she could. It was a strange feeling, her wings spreading out into the air. Athena was right that she'd never used those particular muscles before. Sikara then proceeded to slowly move her wings up and down. For a moment she was distracted by that particular feeling, her wings going against gravity and then filling slightly with air as she brought them down.

Little by little Sikara accustomed herself to the feeling of her wings lifting and falling. She pumped her wings faster and harder until finally she felt her body trying to lift into the air. She bunched up her muscles and then pushed herself up, just as Athena had showed her. Sikara squeaked in surprise as she actually lifted up into the air, only to fall back onto her behind. Sikara blinked in surprise and then went to try again.

She messed up another three times until finally she rose into the air and flew up next to Athena. She smiled in triumph and pawed at the air to try and keep herself balanced.

Yawning, Whiro appeared in the cave entrance. Shaking herself of the dust on her radiant scales, Whiro jumped up and took her post near the boundary of the tribe. Hearing the flapping of wings, she left her post just for a second. Finding the Kay and a hatchling, Whiro decided to let the hatchling get accustomed to her new home, specifically the camp before she would introduce herself. Leaving Athena and the hatchling, Whiro returned to her post, managing find a patch of lettuce along the way. Looking at the sky, Whiro rubbed against a trunk nearby, ridding herself of any loose scales. Grabbing some of the lettuce, Whiro tore into it.Whiro flew the rest back to the Maks cave, letting them have energy for them to catch food for the tribe.

Bored, Whiro grabbed a rabbit and flew back to her post. Creating a circle around the rabbit with her tail, she tortured it to run until she had her fun-fix. Letting it go, Whiro laughed her wonderfully clear laugh, watching the world go by. Shifting to her tiger form for the first time since the accident, she raced around her tree stump, trying to pick up a scent of a male. Finding that she couldn't, she shifted back, sitting on the stump. Suddenly jumping up, Whiro stood on top of a tree, letting the sun warm her.I thought he was here.Whiro shuddered. To think about him was taboo for her. It always brought disaster.

Edited by AryxonNabalMornaug

Athena

Athena watched calmly as Sikara tried once, twice, and then thrice to get up into the air, failing all three times. On the fourth time, however, the hatchling managed to get up off the ground and into the air, kicking to stay balanced. Athena smiled. "I knew you could," she told Sikara, beaming. "You're very skilled, though... I thought it would take much more than three tries to get up into the air." Athena spread her own wings and took off, her scales glimmering. She thought she saw movement a bit off, but when she turned her head, there was nothing there. It must be one of the patrollers, Athena decided. She looked back at Sikara, her eyes full of pride. "Let's try landing, then we can move on to turning."

Athena looked at Sikara, who was in the air. "So, first, you want to look at where you want to land." Athena looked down at the ground, toward the spot where she had taken off. "You angle your body that way so that you're facing your designated landing area." Athena did so. "You're going to angle your wings down, so that your wing points are facing your destination, and stop flapping. It's better with a steeper angle, but not too steep, or your wings will be sore." Athena positioned herself. "You'll start gliding down into a dive. Let the wind rush over your wings. Dive until you are maybe ten feet ((3 meters)) from the ground, when you will spread your wings wide, point your hind feet toward the ground, and flap your wings quickly to slow your descent." Athena dived down, graceful as a swan, and landed smoothly. "It'll be hard on the first try, but once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy. Do you want to try?" She called up to Sikara.

Nanashi had woken long before sunrise. Unable to sleep, she decided to go on her morning rounds early. She stood up and walked carefully so as to not wake the still sleeping dragons. For such a large dragon, she was very quiet. She moved out of camp and went along a familliar path; her feet found the way without effort, and she was able to concentrate on the spell. As the sun came closer to rising she noticed a subtle shift in the spell. It's stronger now. The change is slight, but it's there. Nanashi stopped to use the full extent of her senses on the spell. The change was slight, but did not have the same feel as if a weredragon was just born, so it couldn't have been that. It was almost as though a part of the spell that had streched was now able to relax.

Nanashi sighed Looks like one of my grandchildren has come to the forest. she thought. She shook her head. I do wish he would find a proper mate and settle down with her. He's too much like his father. Far too focused on his pet projects. Knowing Fascino, he'll be wide awake by now. He'll want to know about this. Nanashi set off back to camp, but took a longer route then was necessary. After all, it was such a nice morning, why not enjoy it?

Nanashi passed Ares on her way to her son. She stopped in front of Ares and spoke, "I'm surprised Ares. Usually by now you have several food and border patrols out. See to it that the Maks are sent out soon." She turned and headed towards her son. She stopped in front of him and lay down in the sun. "The spell has changed. I believe one of your children has returned to the forest."

Edited by Mitsuko

Sikara beamed at the praise given to her by Athena. She always tried to do her best, even when she was too small or weak to really do things right. Sikara lost her balance for a moment while Athena explained how to land and it took a few rapid wing beats to right herself. Sikara had learned that giving up or saying she couldn't usually earned her a slap. Her mother had never raised a hand to her, but others had. She'd learned to not stop even when in pain or injured badly. She'd learned to not relax until she was in a deep and dark hiding place away from everyone. So when Athena praised her, she felt so happy. Sikara wanted to keep doing things right so Athena would be satisfied with her.

"O-ok." She said as she looked down. Getting up into the air was one thing, getting down was another. Sikara felt like curling up into a ball as she looked at the ground. It was a long way down and she wasn't sure if she could get down without hurting herself. She imagined herself gliding down, only to end up a smear on the ground. Sikara had the sudden impulse to cling to the closest thing she could. Unfortunately, Athena had already landed.

She looked around for something to land on. She saw bushes, trees, grass, and then a bunch of ferns. The ferns looked to be the softest so Sikara aimed for them. She did just as Athena told her, angling her wings and gliding down. Her glide was wobbly and her speed was a bit irregular. She couldn't measure the distance correctly so she tilted her legs a little too soon and flapped her wings quickly too soon. The muscles in Sikara's back were screaming when she finally slumped onto the ground. Her wings were laying on the ground around her and she was shaking slightly. The descent had scared her a great deal.

~~~~~~~~~

Fascino had been lounging outside of his cave, watching as other dragons awoke and became active. One of the benefits of being a Ran was he didn't have many duties beyond his own personal projects. He also had to help command the sars, but fighting had cooled down for awhile now since the last skirmish. The animals had attacked recently, ambushing a few maks while they were out hunting. Several of the tribe's hunters had been injured, but the sars had arrived fast enough to prevent permanent damage.

Fascino watched as another white dragon approached. He smiled contently as he watched his mother. That was one thing that all of his blood line, through his mother, had in common. Their white base with colored patterns. The ears were various, though most had long slender ears. The horns and eyes, as well as the type of patterns, tended to vary more. But the white base was the family trait.

"Hello to you too mother. It is a pleasure to see that you are still well and active." He said respectively as he bowed his head in greeting. He listened to her evaluation of the spell. She would be able to sense a slight change like that. Fascino thought about this for a few minutes. "So...out of the 40 women I've been with, only 3 of my children have returned." Fascino had always made sure the human women were around during their fertile time. He could guarantee at least 40 children, if not more if you calculate possible twins. "Do we know who found him?" He asked lightly. He honestly cared minimally about any children he had. They were an end to a means. When the spell was down, he'd give more thought about his children.

Edited by Ethril Dragon

"Yes, she was taken by the Sares. I'm sure you will hear all the details when Nightstreak and Mitsuko return." Nanashi had heard the whole incident as she was headed back to camp. She had been a fair distance away, but her sharp ears and nose, with the help of a convenient breeze, had allowed her to understand most of what had happened there.

Judging by the sun on her back it was almost noon, and most of the Sars and Maks were still asleep. "Excuse me for a moment, Fascino." said Nanashi. She stood back up and walked over to the largest common den shared by Maks, Sars and even a few Oxets, and let out a very high pitched noise. Not quite loud enough to be heard but the vibrations were enough to wake any sleeping dragon. When she heard stirring in the den she went back to her son and lay down again. "Now, where were we? Ah yes, your daughter."

Scenting the air, Whiro made sure that no Laeas weredragon was near before stretching out, abandoning her post. Making sure that no weredragon from her tribe saw her, she shifted to a tiger and raced to the outside edge of the territory. Letting out her fears, she was sure that any weredragon could smell it. "Please don't let it be him, please don't let it be him,"Whiro murmured.The weredragon, that betrayer, had nearly killed her as a tiger.

Remembering Fascino, she calmed down."Never met a weredragon like him before. Sweet, colorful, and good-looking."Whiro said dreamily. Also remembering that he was a Laeas, she felt dismayed."If only he was a Sares. Then things would be perfect." Trying to come up with a way to have him as her own, she deecided that they would bith have to become rogues or loners, paired up together.

Fascino had to think about this for a moment. So he had three children in the forest now. One was a loner, the other was in Laeas, and the last was now in Sares. Who had it been that convinced his child to join Sares? "Were you able to determine who the Sares was?" Fascino asked seriously. It shouldn't have been too hard to determine lineage from looking at his child. He found it strange that a Sares would willing accept a child of his, since the few Sares that knew of his plan thought badly of it.

The more he thought about the Sares tribe the more he became...contemplative. If it weren't for the fact that he wanted to remove the spell forcefully, he could have made a good Sares. His mother was the same way. His father had been a Laeas through and through though. His mind went in circles till it returned to his newly returned child. So it was female, which was interesting in and of itself. His other two had been male. He guessed that his child had to be at least in her teens, since Fascino had started instructing the mothers to go as far away from the forest as they could. Then again, he'd only started doing that a few years ago. It was possible the child was nothing more then that, a child.

This is surprising. Is he actually showing an intrest in the lives of his children? Nanashi nodded, "Yes, it was Athena, and that Mak, Shadow I believe, was there as well." As always, Shadow's scent had reminded her of a dragon in her tribe. That mystery would have to wait for another day. "I'm not very surprised Athena was able to persude her though. From what I could tell, she is a mere child. Perhaps five or six, but no older." It was truly remarkable what Nanashi could sense. She often startled new oxets or hatchlings with her perception.

Nanashi turned her attention to the Sars and Maks who, noticing just how late it was, were reporting for their various duties. She approached a group of Sars and started to organize patrols. She knew her son would sit a while and contemplate this new information. He would come to her if he wanted to talk.

Edited by Mitsuko

Hoping that, someday, she would unite with her love, Whiro left to her post. Thinking, Whiro became conflicted to join her love and have to fight her tribe, or stay unmated for life, alone. The more she thought, the more conflicted she became. "Should I join my love of my life,and be thought of as evil, or stay as I am?" seeking consolence, she flew to someone she knew could help make a decision.

Crossing the borders, Whiro entered the Laeas camp, hiding in the shadows, looking for Nanashi, the wise weredragon of Laeas."Nanashi!Nanashi, over here!"Hoping that Nanashi would hear her, she retreated to a nearby glade, hoping Nanashi would come to help her with her dilemma.

Edited by AryxonNabalMornaug

Nanashi was correct in believing he would stay where he was and think about everything she'd told him. He was manipulative when it came to his 'pet projects' as his mother called them. How could he use his new daughter? His second son, the one who had stayed as a hunter, wanted to get the shield down so he could get back to his human companion. From what he'd heard, his son had come to the forest while his human mate had been pregnant. Fascino knew that fact would make his son want to escape all the more.

His other son was useful only in the aspect that he reported the actions of the animal rebels from time to time. Otherwise his loner son wanted nothing to do with the actions of the other weredragons. Fascino guessed that the only reason he ever spoke to him, was because Fascino was his father.

Now he had a daughter. Fascino's mind went round and round in circles with ideas on how to use her. She could be the advantage he needed to get the Sares to finally hand over the branch. If that didn't work, well she was female. Increasing the amount of weredragons inside and out of the forest strained the spell. The only problem he saw, was Athena.

Athena was one of the only dragons that knew of his plan. He wasn't sure what she thought about his plan, and he wasn't going to ask. She was also one of the dragons from his generation. Athena's will power negated his power, even during spring time when his power was at its strongest. So to have his daughter in her control...worried him. He needed to speak to Mitsuko and Nightstreak. Fascino needed to know everything about this new child.

"Nanashi! Nanashi, over here!" It wasn't as though Nanashi hadn't noticed the Sares dragon even before she spoke. She didn't even disguise her scent. Does she want to get caught? She finished organizing the patrols and left camp. No one would think it odd, as none of the others had seen her leave early this morning; and Ares hadn't exactly been in a state to notice any oddities after Fascino's power had affected him. She took a roundabout route to the glade where she knew Whiro would be hiding, And approached the Sares weredragon from behind, making no noise until she wanted to be heard.

"I do hope you realize just how much danger you are in right now." Nanashi spoke practically in Whiro's ear, "If anyone else had noticed you, the least of your problems would include being chased back across the border. Now, what troubles you this time?"

Whiro jumped, not noticing Nanashi arrive behind her."My goodness. I do realize the danger that I am in. My trouble, well, is about my love, Fascino. I don't know if I should join him or live my life as it is now. My problem is just spiraling around, creating a great problem for me. Since you are the wise weredragon, I sought you for advice." As she talked, Whiro drew a spiraling galaxy, in much detail, before wiping it away. Her thoughts racing, wondering what Nanashi would say, caused her to have a meltdown.

"I just can't stand all the looks from everyone in my tribe, the way they stare, accusing me. It's too unbearable!"Whiro thought that Nanashi was surprised at her outburst, but Whiro ignored the thought and just wept." My mentor, my friends, they taunt me with their mates. It just makes me sick, but I don't want Fascino for that. He's sweet, charming, all the things I like in a mate."

Nanashi was surprised, but for a different reason then Whiro thought. Long ago, Nanashi had a friend in Laeas who fell in love with a Sares. When her friend confided her secret to Nanashi, she had reacted in almost exactly the same way; right down to the words used. Her friend had chosen to stay in Laeas rather then join her love in Sares, and that was what killed her in the end.

Nanashi placed her paw on Whiro's sholder, "There there dear. Cry as long as you need to." She waited until Whiro's tears stopped. "I'm afraid I cannot tell you what to choose. That is your choice and yours alone. I do think that you should speak with Fascino about this. And dear," Nanashi angled her head until she seemed to be staring directly into Whiro's eyes, "Remember that if you do choose to come to Laeas, I will help you. Once you make your choice you cannot turn back, so make sure what you choose is what you truly want."

Edited by Mitsuko

Hearing Nanashi say that she should talk to Fascino, Whiro jumped up, crawling to a hidden space where she could get his attention. Finding some pebbles, she flicked them at Fascino. Hoping that the other male wouldn't notice the pebbles, she flicked more at Fascino. One hit him on the head, but Whiro thought that he didn't notice."Fascino! Fascino, my love!" Whiro called out, hoping that he would hear.

Tossing a few more pebbles, she left a trail to the same glade, hoping that Fascino would find it."Nanashi, I am going to talk to him! I may leave the Sares, but it will be worth it for love!" Whiro exclaimed.Hoping that Nanashi would approve, Whiro sat, her paws crossed.

Urarius glared at Darius for an instant until she recognized him. She did not like anyone besides a select few weredragons, Cerise being one of them. He circled her and made an uninteresting comment about Maks and the goat being finished. [♪No sense of humor♪] she thought to herself. He moved off and apologized to Cerise, for being late. However, Urarius was interested in the said 'errands'. As far as she knew, there was rarely anything to do besides the assigned job of a weredragon. She secretly hoped that Cerise would ask about it.

To keep from using too much energy, Urarius landed and perched on a sliver of rock protruding from the mountain. The goat was still bleeding; it was getting all over her talons and legs. She knew of a small pool near the encampment that she could wash. Her claws gripped at the goat tighter and began kneading it for something to do. She rehearsed several scenarios in her head for asking if they could leave. No matter how ambitious she was, Urarius found it hard to interrupt someone in a conversation.