sapphiredragon73

The Tribes- a weredragon/animal RP (:

Athena

Athena looked up as Damian arrived. "These pleasant humans attacked the girl. I've bitten her, but she requires care at the camp," she replied to his question, flicking her tail.

The hatchling whimpered, and Athena felt a fresh wave of pity for the child. "It's fine, you're not going to die," she told the child calmly. Seeing as she had already bitten the child, Athena knew that the hatchling could understand her. She watched the child crawl away behind a tree in fear. "I'm not going to eat you," she reassured. "No weredragon here would dream of that." She followed the child behind the tree, noticing golden markings appearing on it's forearms.

Athena looked directly at Nightstreak, one of the respected Sars from the other tribe. "The child has been bitten, and she has started shifting. If you will allow us, I think that she will live well in our tribe. She will never need to receive this treatment again. I shall help her understand our ways, as she is too young to survive in the wild. One of the few predators will find her." Athena smiled at the child, finally shifting into her human form.

"Will you, Sikara, come with me? We can fix your leg, and I'll take care of you; I'll explain what is going on. You must be in a lot of pain, and very confused. I can make that all clear, and I'll teach you the basics. Do you want to join me?" Still smiling gently, Athena waited for the child's answer. There was no need to force her. She should see the joy in weredragon life.

~~~~~

Ares

Ares looked up as... Who was it again? Right. That Fascinate or something Ran greeted him. "Hello, Fascino. Yes, I had a fine night... It's a good day today. Did you sleep well?" Ares replied. He inhaled, smelled something sweet, then sneezed. However, he felt a bit happier after that, a bit less lazier. He stood up. "I'll go on a patrol... Nightstreak and Mitsuko did, but they haven't returned yet..." Ares trailed off, then started trotting off in the direction of the entrance. He didn't feel like flying... yet. He jogged out of the camp and toward the eastern border. He would only check that side today. Beside, their territory was too big to patrol all in one day; as big as the 'United States,' as the humans called that big... was it a country? Ares ignored that question and jogged on. After a few minutes, however, he decided that it was too slow, and he took to the air, flying at a high speed toward the border.

I'm not sure what's been more terrifying for the poor child. thought Mitsuko All of that violence earlier or Nightstreak smiling. She carefully kept the thought from sliping out of her mouth. This really wasn't the time for that. She cautiously approached Sikara. She kneeled down careful not to get too close and possibly startle her. "Sikara, that's a beautiful name. I'm Mitsuko. What happens next is your choice. No one will hurt you for it, and no one will be angry with you for it. But whatever you choose, I hope we can meet on friendly terms next time."

Mitsuko gave Sikara a kind smile and gently reached forwards to pluck a leaf from her hair. She twirled the leaf between her fingers before letting it fall to the ground. "You're going to be alright Sikara. You're a good girl, a brave girl. You'll do well. I'm sorry that we cannot give back what you have lost, but we can give you a bright future." Mitsuko could see that Sikara was seriously stressed out, and wanted nothing more then to be a shoulder for her to cry on, but she knew the girl had to make a decision first. These next few moments would shape her entire life. All she could do now was wait.

Edited by Mitsuko

(( you guys really aren't making this easy for me to decide ))

Sikara should have known the dragon wouldn't let her go. What she didn't expect was for the dragon to tell her that no weredragon would eat her. It confused Sikara to no end. What did the dragon mean about her starting to shift? Sikara looked at the golden stripes on her arms and something clicked in her mind. Her scars had something to do with that bite.

Sikara leaned against the tree as she struggled to stand up. What exactly was she choosing anyway? To go with Athena or Mitsuko? Sikara looked from Mitsuko to Athena and she swallowed back a whimper. Mitsuko had saved her, but Athena reminded her of her mother. Both were being so kind to her that Sikara didn't know what to do. She was only 5! In the end the need to be with her mother won over everything else and Sikara reached out to Athena.

Now that things were calm, Sikara was starting to feel her aches and pains. Every inch of her body hurt from where the men had hit and kick her. Her feet were cut up and her leg felt swollen. "Thank you for saving me." Sikara said turning to look at Mitsuko. "I'll see you again?" Sikara was hopeful that she would. Mitsuko was the first person that had ever shown her kindness, she didn't like the idea that she'd never see her again. Sikara felt like she owed Mitsuko for her kindness.

~~~~*~~~~

Fascino couldn't help but chuckle. "My night was uneventful, although not as long as I would have prefered." It was well known that once Fascino had something on his mind, even sleep wouldn't get in his way. He watched as Ares stood and left, in a slightly better mood then he had been in. Fascino smiled, his power tended to have that effect. And to think, he'd kept it mostly secret all these years. Most thought his power had to do with confusion and hypnosis. Close to what it really was, but very few had attributed his charm to the aphrodisiac in his power.

Fascino settled into a meditative state. He'd leave tomorrow to meet with the human female he had influenced to return during her time of fertility. She would be near the border. Then he would place a thought in her mind to make her go as far as she could away from the forest. 4 years ago, when one of his adult children had returned he had learned that his child's mother had stayed near the forest. Not exactly what Fascino wanted. Since then he's made sure to make the females move as far away as possible. He'd only found 5 females in the 4 years since then, but then again only 2 children had returned.

Edited by Ethril Dragon

Mitsuko felt relief as Sikara reached for Athena. She'll be better off there. At least in Sares she won't have to deal with dragons like Nightstreak and Ares. Mitsuko smiled at Sikara, "Of course we'll meet again. We're friends aren't we?" She locked eyes with Athena. You'd best let her meet me again, she thought, conveying the message as best as she could without speaking. She turned back to Sikara,"And thank you. For not being afraid of me. It means more then I can say."

She really should get that leg looked at soon, she thought, It's starting to worry me. Mitsuko stood up and faced the Sares dragons. "I have just one question." she said "What on earth do blue dominoes have to do with anything?"

Nightstreak set his teeth on edge and growled softly as Mitsuko befriended the now-Sares weredragon. Would this be diplomatic, or just stupid?

He let it go, because he didn't see the harm in it. It irked him, though, and he would let Mitsuko know once they were out of earshot.

He shuffled his feet and turned back into dragon form, nodding to Mitsuko to follow him. "Come on, you can see your new friend later," he intoned gruffly, taking to the sky.

The sun was at its zenith now, and Nightstreak was annoyed that they hadn't done much patrolling. It was just a little girl, why was Mitsuko so taken with her?

He knew that Mitsuko had a soft spot, and hadn't really adapted to the harshness of the Laeas tribe. Sometimes he felt that she should have been taken in by the Sares, to be trained in the soft way that Athena had her Maks and Sars train their oxets.

He shook his head. No, they needed Mitsuko's strength and cunning to bolster their tribe's strength, soft or not. He landed on a spot near the border, but still on the Laeas' side, and clawed the ground in irritation. Would the oxet hurry up...

Damien watched from a distance as the others pacified the terrified girl, comforting and reassuring her that the were-dragons would not devour her. As he noticed that the whole group of weredragons shifting to their human forms, Damien obliged to do so as well, making his way closer to the group but continued maintaining his distance from the Laeas dragons. He didn't want to speak up at all, considering that he was not much of a smooth talker and in fear of spouting any comments which may scare the child. “But still, somebody has to go clean up the mess.” He thought to himself as he turned around and looked at the corpses present around the area. He cringed back a bit as he heard Mitsuko's question which came out of the blue which broke his chain of thought.

"Nothing, nothing really." Shadow responded, turning his attention towards the Laeas dragon who looked older than him, it seemed as though he was the second youngest in the group. "Were you the one that took out the humans then?" He whispered to Mitsuko, questioning her. After all, he did not believe that Athena would harm a fly. He looked up at the sky which was now illuminated by the sun and remembered that he had to report back to camp soon. Then again, a few minutes would not hurt at all.

Edited by flamedraco

Urarius shook it off and crouched back into a pouncing position. She counted the time mentally. [1...2..3!!!] Her muscles rippled as she took

to the air after her mentor. The breeze tickled her face, but it wasn't any help in flying because it was weak and cold. Usually, dragons had

to wait until later in the day to fly because they needed stronger drafts. Were-Dragons were a much stronger breed. Even the weakest of

flyers could manage to pull a mile or two in the morning.

Urarius saw that they were heading for the mountains. The mountains calmed her and gave her vast improvement in maneuverability. This

was also a strategical place to hunt game because, if you could find any, it was bound to be bigger.

Athena

Athena reached out to Sikara as the girl did to her, smiling gently. "You'll see Mitsuko around, don't worry. But for now, young one, you're going to follow me to my camp and and your new tribe." She looked at the hatchling closely for the first time. The cuts and bruises would heal, and none of them were deep. However, the leg was a serious problem. They would have to wait until the hatchling had finished shifting to fix it; Athena knew how to only when the patient was in their dragon form. However, the leg would need to keep still. "Sit down," Athena told Sikara gently, "and let me explain. You were born to a human mother, no doubt that. However, Sikara, you in yourself are a weredragon. We weredragons used to rule over all living things, but the animals grew... restless. They managed to overthrow us, and banished us to this forest, called the Alema Forest. Once a weredragon is in it, they can't get out. A powerful spell was cast by the rebel animals, making it impossible to get out of here. Our tribe, the Sares tribe, is working on convincing the animals, but the Laeas tribe wants to break the boundary by force. We have a branch, called the Laedol branch, which is very, very powerful, and can break the boundary. However, us Sares dragons don't want to do that; we want to gain the trust of the rebels. The Laeas are power-hungry; they don't care. That is why we are in different tribes. You, young one, are a weredragon as well; we could smell the scent on you, and it is also why I bit you. You see those markings appear? You are changing into your true form, your dragon form. There is also another form, an animal form. You will find what it is later, during your training." Athena looked at Sikara's face, trying to see how the child was taking this. "You will be trained in our tribe, and you'll learn to survive in here. The details will be explained later, but this is enough for now. Once you are finished shifting, I will fix your leg, then we can head off toward our camp. Feel free to ask any questions," Athena smiled at Sikara again. No need to frighten the little one when there is really nothing to be afraid of.

~~~~~

Ares

Ares continued on until he finally reached his destination. At that point, deciding he was too large to stay hidden, he shifted into his snake form. He slithered on silently, tasting the air continuously with his forked tongue.

Cerise grinned at Urarius, her russet-red fur glinting in the sunlight, creating a warm halo around her features. Padding down a small trail, worn with years of continuous hunting, she suddenly laid flat. A small mountain goat, scrawny but worth it, was grazing in a minute meadow nestled within the shadow of the hills' face.

Ready...set...go! Cerise thought to herself as she launched forward, a streak of red against a backdrop of green. She landed with her claws and fangs embedded in the poor goat's flank, as she shifted into dragon form and clawed at the goat's body. IT struggled, but eventually it lay still.

"See if yo ucan find one!" she chirruped back to Urarius.

Sikara felt so much better knowing she would see Mitsuko again. It was a...strange feeling, knowing she had a friend. She'd never had a friend before, just her mother. And now maybe she had a new home. Sikara felt a pang of sadness. Would it really be home though without her momma? The little shack she'd lived in all her life had always been home, because her momma was there. Now her momma was gone and she could never go back to even that shack. What would happen to her momma's body? Sikara guessed they might burn the shack, and she felt sad. Her momma deserved better.

Sikara awkwardly sat down and unconsciously itched her arms. She didn't notice, but her skin was starting to become paler and paler, nearly white. Sikara stretched out her injured leg and held very still. This wasn't the first time she'd had this serious of an injury. She listened silently as Athena spoke. Her voice had an almost hypnotic quality to it that relaxed Sikara. Maybe it was because Athena looked like her mother, maybe it was because Sikara had been taught to respect adults, but she did not doubt what Athena was telling her.

Sikara frowned slightly and fidgeted with her hands. She was about to ask something when her stomach grumbled. She blushed slightly and looked away. She hadn't eaten anything since yesterday, and that had been a little piece of bread with some cheese.

Twitchy isn't he? thought Mitsuko, watching the other Sares dragon cringe at her question. He looked to be about her age, but perhaps a little younger then her. "Yes, I am." she said in response to his question. She cocked her head slightly to the right and listed to Athena as she spoke to Sikara. That's not the same story Nightstreak told me. she thought, her brow furrowing slightly. Nightstreak had given her a much edited version, simply saying that there was a spell keeping the weredragons from leaving the forest and that the Sares were in the Laeas' way of breaking it. I've never met this Athena before, but she seems to be telling the truth. I may have to have a 'talk' with Nightstreak later. Mitsuko frowned slightly.

Mitsuko's chain of thought was interupted by Sikara's stomach growling loudly. She covered her mouth with her hand to stop herself from laughing. Sikara could be so cute. Good luck trying to get her to eat raw meat when she hasn't fully shifted yet. she thought.

Edited by Mitsuko

Athena

It looked like Sikara had seemed about to speak. However, the hatchling's stomach growled loudly. Athena looked at the girl, frowning, then looked up sharply at a sudden movement from Mitsuko, who had covered her mouth with her hand. That's not very polite, Athena thought, especially after what the girl has just gone through. Athena looked disapprovingly at Mitsuko, but her attention quickly turned back to Sikara, who had blushed and looked away. "It's fine, Sikara," Athena reassured. "It's normal for anyone to be hungry; there's no need to be embarrassed. Wait here for a second, and I'll get something for you to eat, okay?" Athena smiled gently at the child, then turned and jogged away, calling to Shadow over her shoulder, "Shadow, would you keep watch for a few minutes for me?"

She shifted into her dragon form once she was out of sight, sniffing at the numerous plants on her side of the border. Sikara would probably be repulsed by raw meat until she had done shifting, Athena thought, sniffing at a fern that smelled faintly of mouse. She finally came upon a few lettuce and broccoli, and she shifted back into her human form and cut the plants. Athena sniffed them, making sure there was nothing toxic on the plants, then picked them up and started walking back. When she had come back, Athena offered these plants to Sikara. "They're not poisonous, don't worry. You can eat them, it's just lettuce and broccoli."

~~~~~

Ares

What was that sound? Ares lifted his head a few inches off of the ground. Nothing that he could see. It probably had been a mouse darting off into its hole. Ares continued on, tasting the air. Once he had finished patrolling his designated area, he briefly wondered why he was patrolling without any help. However, he shook this thought out of his head and started back, shifting back into his dragon form to make going faster. Ares sighed. A nap would be good about now, he thought, yawning. Ares had no idea why he was here, patrolling, when he should have been ordering other Sars to patrol... annoyed, Ares let escape a short, sharp growl. At least he hadn't chosen a long route. He reached camp quickly enough, and settled down to take a nap on his rock. The others could take care of the other borders. Not that there were many awake even now, in the late morning. Oh well. He would get to yell at them later. Ares dozed off into a light sleep, ready to wake at any moment, but resting at the same time...

"Well, judging by the corpses, the trio probably took a brutal beating from you. Just one last question, are you a Mak or a Sar?" Darius asked, curious about the rank of Mitsuko. Out of a sudden, he heard a rumbling noise from her stomach along with the faint giggling of Mitsuko beside him. "We should get her some food...hmm food. Oh wait, I got to get the hell back to camp!" His own voice rang in his mind. Just as he was about to head back, he heard an order from Athena to take care of the newest member of the tribe for a moment as she went around to look around for food for Sikara.

"Will do, Athena." Darius responded, hesitating for a moment about him not being present at the camp before making his way to Sikara as he sat down beside the five-year old. Hopefully, Athena would help him in avoiding punishment by the head of the Maks. He had not a single idea on what to say, considering his rather poor communication skills, let alone talking to a child who had just been bitten. "Err, hi." Darius spoke, turning his head towards the five year old. "My name's Shadow, I'm a Mak in the tribe. You could call me Darius if you want." He continued, his voice was loud enough for Mitsuko to hear from the distance.

Edited by flamedraco

Urarius watched as Cerise took down a small goat. The blood still disgusted her, but she was happy to eat the result. Cerise invited her to go make a kill of her own. Urarius was willing to give it her best. She flapped her wings and the thick scales on her body softened and grew into down and contour feathers. Her tail retracted into her body and even more feathers shot out to replace the awkward gap. Her nose hardened and curved into a wicked beak that was meant for cutting and snipping through skin. All this time, Urarius got smaller as her spine strained to keep up with the internal and external changes. Her wings were already partially feathered so only the primaries and secondaries had to grow in. The rest of the changes were minor and not worth mentioning, for now.

Urarius gave a shudder to shake off the strange feeling and took off in her hawk form. It was much easier to maneuver now that the wind had more of an effect on her small body. Finding food was hard and it took her almost ten minutes to locate another goat. It was struggling to climb up the mountain. Urarius circled slowly above the goat, after sizing it up, she dived and struck at its eyes. The goat only had to think for a second before realizing what was going on. It tripped as it tried to run down the mountain and she made a returning arc before diving at its face again. Urarius swooped up and let out a high-pitched screech to let Cerise know that she had found something.

Cerise perked her ears and immediately jumped into action, tracing the sound back to its source. She wanted to remain a fox, in order to not scare away what Urarius had found.

That was done fast, she thought in satisfaction. She sure is learning quickly. She ran as fast as the limber body she currently occupied would let her, and finally hid behind a bush as she saw what Urarius had found.

Good, another goat, she thought in contentment. She galloped straight at it and tore into it with her teeth, letting out a shrill fox's cry to let Urarius know to come and join her.

Urarius saw Cerise come out of the bushes and made a move to join her. Her hawk form was good for scouting but not for attacking large prey. She hovered over the goat and decided to take the unorthodox way of killing something. As a red-tailed hawk, Urarius could pick up small things; the biggest being a large rabbit. If she could find a large stone on the ground, she could pick it up and easily drop it on the goats head. If it hit there would be an instant kill and another large meal for the clan.

Urarius barrel rolled to the right and grasped at a fist sized rock. She tossed it up and clutched it harder; the rock was really hard to carry. The goat was just below her and Urarius was wary of hitting Cerise in the head. She screeched an incoming and dropped the rock. It was close to dead on, hitting the goat in the back. The rock rolled harmlessly down the mountain and bounced to the bottom. She could not see it the goat was dead yet, it had been a close shot.

The goat was gasping for air, its lungs collapsed and ribs broken. It keeled over on its side, and Cerise, not one to see things suffer unnecessarily, immediately ripped out its throat.

"Good work. Let's grab the two and head back to camp, then we can go out again. Hungry yet?" Cerise asked as she turned back into a dragon and made ready to fly up to go grab her other kill that she had left behind.

She launched herself into the air, landing quickly at the other site and picking up the dead carcass. Luckily, no vultures or flies had been attracted yet. She flew back to where Urarius was and gestured with her tail for her to follow.

Sikara waited for someone to hit her for her stomach making the grumbling sounds. That's how it was in the village. Her mother had never hit her, but the town's people had. Then again they had always found a reason to hit her. Some of the people had found it funny to drop food on the ground in front of her while she was out running errands for her mother, or out playing. She'd ignored the food, knowing that they simply wanted her to get closer so they could land a few blows, and often times she'd gone hungry for it. Her mother had fed her one way or another, often not eating herself so that Sikara could have food.

When the blow didn't come Sikara looked up. She looked at Athena in awe when she said it was ok to be hungry. Sikara wished she could tell her mother how lucky she was to have found so nice people! Then Athena went away and a new weredragon took her place. "Hi." Sikara squeaked out shyly. She would have curled up into a ball if she could have, but her leg prevented her. She'd met too many people too quickly.

By the time Athena had returned, her skin was completely snow white and her hands and feet were starting to look more and more like paws. Sikara squirmed in discomfort and couldn't stop flexing her fingers. Her nails were sharpening into points. Sikara looked up as Athena handed her the plants. She knew what they were, her mother had often gone foraging when she couldn't buy food from the market. Sikara took the food carefully and then shyly began to eat.

Mitsuko faced Darius and answered his question "Neither, I'm an oxet." Darius. she thought, looking up at the sky. Where have I heard that name before? Without meaning to, she began to mutter under her breath, "Was it him? No. Who was it that said that name? Something about a brother. . ." Mitsuko shook her head. There were too many dragons in the tribe, and it wasn't as though she had a head for names. She would have to figure this out later.

Sikara was looking scared again. Mitsuko wondered what she could do to try and set her at ease, then it came to her. She softly began to sing a little folk song from her childhood.

"Sakura, sakura,

Noyama mo sato mo

Mi-watasu kagiri.

Kasumi ka, kumo ka?

Asahi ni niou.

Sakura, sakura,

Hanazakari.

Sakura, sakura,

Yayoi no sorawa,

Mi-watasu kagiri.

Kasumi ka, kumo ka?

Nioi zo izuru.

Izaya, izaya

Mini yukan."

She stopped singing as Athena returned. Broccoli and lettuce? For a five-year-old? Mitsuko watched as Sikara stared to eat. Well, at least she has something to eat now.

Edited by Mitsuko

Athena

Athena looked at Sikara as the child began to eat shyly, looking scared and uncomfortable all the same. She smiled, remembering her childhood... this girl was so much like she had been when she was young; shy, but trusting. They had such a different history, Athena having been born in the forest, while Sikara had been born in a human land. How much had changed now, in the century? Athena sighed, but stroked Sikara's hair absentmindedly, listening to the song that Mitsuko was singing... She felt a small wave of remorse... she wished that she could be so carefree as her youth again, having adults to care for her needs... the great gold dragon blinked. She had other worries to tend to; she shouldn't be wishing for the past, she should be looking out for the future. Athena looked down at the child, who was eating. At least she ate vegetables. Many children from the human world would not eat plants to save their lives.

Athena looked at Sikara again. She had almost done transforming, her scales pure white and her golden markings showing up clearly now. Her hands were turning into claws as well. It must be uncomfortable, but it was how it would be the first time. That was how it always was with the new weredragons that came into the forest. Athena looked at the child, kneeling down so that she was close to the girl's ear. "Sikara, we have a system of mentors and apprentices, where a fully trained weredragon teaches a hatchling, which is a young weredragon like yourself, or a weredragon new to the forest. Would you like me to be your mentor?" Athena asked, deciding to let Sikara choose for herself.

Sikara, having gone hungry so much in her life, didn't turn down the vegetables. She understood hunger and knew that when food was available, you ate it. You might not get another chance to eat for awhile. Sikara had still been nervous though, expecting the eventual slap or punch that she'd grown up knowing. The kindness she was being shown had to be too good to be true.

And suddenly there was a song. Sikara stopped chewing for a moment and looked at Mitsuko with wide, glimmering eyes. She sat transfixed, just watching as Mitsuko sang in a strange and unknown language. It relaxed her and made Sikara forget about her fear. She finished the vegetables and felt better, both physically and emotionally. Her legs were starting to feel weird and she had to adjust how she was sitting, with her legs a little more tucked under her.

Sikara looked at Athena, her eyes wide and worried. "I-I thought..." Sikara grew confused. "I thought I was going to stay with you." She didn't want to be taken to someone else. What if that unknown person was mean or didn't like her? What if she made a mistake and the new person wasn't forgiving? Sikara wanted to stay with Athena, at least she thought Athena was nice to her. The simple mind of a five year old didn't understand the concept of mentors and apprentices. All she knew was she wanted to stay with Athena.

Darius heaved a sigh of relief as he saw the golden-coloured dragon returning with a hand full of vegetables. He was able to identify the lettuce and broccoli easily, plants like these could be foraged easily around the forest, however the Maks preferred fresh red meat rather than bitter tasting vegetation. Considering that Sikara was just transforming, it was best that the new were-dragon abstained from meat until everything was fully developed. Hearing Mitsuko's reply, he got taken by surprise. "You're new to the tribes? How long have you been here?" His mind was in a state of disarray, there was too many things happening at the same time, yet there was little time to think.

The next thing Darius heard was somebody singing a lullaby, he turned up and noticed that it was Mitsuko who was singing it. It seemed vaguely familiar to him for some reason, it reminded a rock song had the verse in the intro. "Say Mitsuko, are you Japanese?" He asked yet another question. "Sorry for being too nosy." After all, it was not everyday that there was a were-dragon who was able to speak another language other than the common language of the were-dragons. This better be quick, I really gotta to go. Darius pondered to himself as he heard Sikara's question. However, he decided not to barge in the conversation in case he mentioned something wrong.

Edited by flamedraco

Athena

Athena looked back at Sikara as the hatchling's eyes grew scared. "Oh, young one, I'll never leave you; you can stay with me all you want. You see, a mentor is someone experienced that teaches someone inexperienced. If you don't want me to be your mentor, then you can choose someone in our tribe. Either way, I'll always be there, watching over you and your training, like I do with all the training. I'm just asking if you want me to be your mentor, that is all, don't worry, my little girl," Athena assured, smiling reassuringly. She noted that Sikara's bones seemed to have started shifting more and more, so that the child had to change her position. She'll be a dragon soon, Athena thought. Then I'll mend her leg and bring her back to the camp, and send some patrols out to make sure that none of the Laeas has taken this chance to trespass.

Athena looked up at Shadow, who was listening. "Shadow, you may go back to camp now, and tend to your needs and duties. If anyone asks where I am, you may tell them what has happened, but tell them not to come looking for us." Athena glanced at Sikara, who seemed to be relaxing. More people would just heighten the child's stress level. Athena looked up at the sky, checking the time. Mid-morning. "Tell them I'll be back by noon."

Athena looked back at Sikara, who had finished eating. "Are you still hungry, Sikara? If you want, I could get you something else to eat, but I thought we would wait until you finished transforming to eat." Fresh meat wasn't going to do Sikara much good until she had finished shifting. If anything, it would probably make her repulsed, and that wasn't good, especially since the child had just finished her food. Athena looked At Sikara, waiting for the girl's answer.

What, are you a cat or something? thought Mitsuko, looking at Darius You poke your head out in curiosity only to duck back in so quickly. "I've lived in the forest for about three years, but only joined the Laeas tribe a week ago. I'm quarter Japanese. My mother used to sing me and- me to sleep." Mitsuko shifted slightly, uncomfortable. "From the sound of it, you need to get back. Nice chatting with you." That was a little too blunt, wasn't it? she thought But he is in a hurry. And I'm in no mood to talk about the past.

I should also go, but hey it's not as though Nightstreak is waiting nearby. He's bound to have continued the patrol, and I can catch up easily. Surely he's not that dense. thought Mitsuko Then again . . . Mitsuko rubbed at her forehead, muttering under her breath, "Oh great, he's waiting nearby isn't he?" She shook her head and addressed Sikara, "I'll see you later, alright Sikara?" She shifted to dragon form, nodded respectfully at Athena, and took off. She followed the border and, sure enough, there was Nightstreak not far off. Here we go again. thought Mitsuko with a grimice, and landed next to him, waiting for the inevitable clash.

Edited by Mitsuko

Small wings were starting to form on her back and Sikara was leaning forward slightly. Her tail bone felt funny, almost longer then it normally was. Sikara was so focused on Athena though that she didn't notice her new tail and wings. "I want you to be my mentor." Sikara said quickly without a second thought. She was scared that things might not work out. What if the tribe didn't like her? At least Athena seemed to like her, and that meant something right?

Sikara perked up when Athena called her 'my little girl'. It made her feel...special, like she belonged somewhere. It scared her a little though, she worried that she'd do something wrong to ruin everything. What would she do then? Her mother was gone, she had no idea who her father was, and she had no friends. Athena and Mitsuko were the first people she felt a connection to.

"I'm fine..." Sikara answered when Athena asked if she was till hungry. Truth be told, the vegetables that Athena had given her was the most food Sikara had eaten in weeks, maybe months. She felt full. Her loose clothes hid how skinny she really was, and she was short for her age. She didn't want to be an inconvenience and Athena had already done so much for her. "Bye Mitsuko." Sikara really hoped she would see her soon.

Sikara blinked and then shook her head. Her vision seemed...distorted almost. Where just the tip of her peach colored nose was, was now a short snout of white. She went cross eyed trying to look at the snout. When had that happened? Was she really turning into a dragon? She reached up to touch the snout and looked at her hand in surprise. It wasn't a hand anymore, it was a paw. Sikara whimpered softly. Part of her hadn't believed that she would turn into a dragon, but now that she had she was a little scared.

Edited by Ethril Dragon