Packgoater

Barren

Tandr stepped in front of Des, his amber eyes panicked. "Yes. Yes we were just walking around. Des, this is Sandra, my betrothed," he muttered, turning his head away. Sure, Sandra was beautiful, but he hated her, not her looks. Sandra only liked his looks. He was just a trophy for her, just something she could say was hers. Her pale eyes narrowed, their black pupils small slits. Tandr sighed. Why did she have to be here? Why did she have to be his betrothed?

I would MUCH rather- no, Tandr. No. That would never-and should never- happen. You don't like her anyway. She just came here. There are plenty of she-wolves that are heads over heels for you. Go find one of them. Yes, that's right. You like Stripe, the pretty little one. That's right. She's much prettier, anyway.

"Nice to meet you," Des said nicely to the she-wolf in front of them. She could see that her eyes were narrowed and knew that she probably didn't believe them. She didn't really care if the she-wolf believed them or not even if it was the truth. "I'll go find a place to stay while I'm here for a few days," she said before trotting away so she could leave the two wolves alone. She started to think about him being a likely mate for her later in life but then squashed the thought and reminded herself that he already had a future mate and that she had only just arrived.

Fury's blood was roused. He rounded on Lenka and spread his wings, eager to take off. "A wolf camp! Lenka, we can snatch one wolf each-teach them a lesson about stealing the bird's prey. It will be easy to take them from the fringes of the camp than from the center. We can use the tree cover to keep hidden until the last moment." he shrieked, lifting into the air with his giant, golden wings. Fury was eager to let his talons rip into the fur, into the flesh of one of those wolves, to scent their fear-scent before their bodies went limp and lifeless underneath him. His own nest-mates had fallen out of their nest when he was younger, and the starving wolves had eaten them, leaving Fury stuck up there by himself, only able to watch as his siblings died in such a pathetic way. Now that he was powerful, he wanted to kill, no, to slaughter all of the wolves. And Lenka would be able to help him.

Sandra smiled and yipped, playfully batting him on the ear, just a bit too hard to be loving. Tandr backed away, his ears back, clearly saying that she should not touch him. Sandra's eyes narrowed again, her nose tilting upward. She tried again, nudging him under the chin with her nose. This time Tandr lightly boxed her with his front paws, pushing her away from him. A light growl came from his mouth. She backed up, clearly threatening to go away and tell her father. This is why he hated her. She had a way of manipulating him. He licked her cheek, his ears still tilted back. She walked to the main camp, forcing Tandr to follow, parading him about like some toy. He hung his head, angry at his father for being blind to the things around him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lenka screeched, following Fury into the air. She twisted and dived, excited at the prospect of getting her claws on a piece of wolf. She would get revenge for all the wrongs done to birds. Her wings flapped, propelling her towards Fury. "In which way do you want to attack?" she asked, leaving him to deal with the planning.

Des found a nice looking den that she could stay in temporarily while there and made herself at home. She curled up into a ball and then fell asleep, unaware of the birds flying overhead. If something were to happen in the camp soon, she'd probably wake up and help out. Since she was really exhausted, though, those chances were pretty slim but she'd try. She slept peacefully, ears perked for the sound of an attack on the camp.

Tandr finally broke away from Sandra, his eyes scanning the wolves for- for Stripe, yes. For Stripe. There she was. She really wasn't that pretty. Much less- No. No he couldn't think that. Not now. Not ever. She probably already had a mate. And she was here alone? No, Tandr. No. Don't think like that. He growled when he noted Tryd, his only competition. Tandr's half-brother. The more personable one. The better-looking one. ((Tryd: http://chattanoogaandbeyond.com/wp-content...07/Red-Wolf.jpg

And Tandr is still my main Charrie. I just need to give him some competition.))

((that's fine happy.gif))

Des woke up a few minutes later and then got out of the den before walking around the camp again. She went off to the side, laid down, and watched all the wolves do their usual everyday things. She saw Tandr walking around but tried not to pay him any attention but it was kind of hard not to. She thought that he was attractive and that it was too bad that he was betrothed to someone else. If he wasn't betrothed then possibly they could be mates but she knew that, that would never happen although she wanted it to.

Tryd walked over to Des, his head slightly cocked as his brow raised. "Hey. Who are you? I don't remember seeing you before," he said, sitting on his haunches. He was a very sweet wolf with a gentle and easygoing personality. His tail wagged lightly and thumping on the ground. His ears twitched and he swiveled them backwards, catching the almost-soundless pawsteps of his half-brother. Tandr's hackles were raised, his eyes narrowed and his claws digging into the ground. His head was lowered to a predatory-hunting stance, and his legs were splayed. At first Tryd thought that he was merely being protective of this girl, that was until he saw the birds. Tryd's father had taken precautionary measures to not have birds near here. Now there were two birds above him, both very large birds. Tryd started to quiver. As a pup his littermates had been eaten by a bird while he watched. He couldn't stand to be near these birds now. It wasn't fair. Why did Tandr have all the courage?

"I'm Destiny or Des as I like to be called and I just got here awhile ago," Des said in reply when she looked over at the wolf that was talking to her. She noticed that he looked a bit like Tandr but didn't say anything about that. "I'm just visiting for a few days and then I'll be out of everyone's fur," she added before turning her attention to the sky like he and Tandr seemed to be doing. She growled softly as she saw the birds and got up, getting in an attack stance. She felt that she was ready to take them on if they attacked since her adoptive parents taught her how to attack one.

((okay sounds fine to me happy.gif; did the ooc for this thread get approved?))

"In which way do you want to attack?" Lenka asked, and Fury paused for a moment. He didn't want to take on the entire wolf camp, and he knew they would attack as soon as a bird as large as himself approached the camp. "We'll approach by the cover of the trees, and then we'll dive in a snatch up a wolf apiece. Pick out any one you want, but I'm snatching a young, strong wolf, or the Alpha. It'll teach them that even the best of their fighters can't fight the might of the birds." he said, his golden eyes burning with rage. It would be worth it to snatch up the Alpha, if he managed to do it right. He would have to come at an angle so the wolf wouldn't have a chance to move it's head and try and snap at Fury's legs before Fury got a good grip on him. "Let's go." Fury said, and started descending into the tree cover.

((hm i has an idea; if Fury takes Twitch then Lenka can take Des and cause Tyrd and Tandr, or one of them, to go after them and try to free them both))

((Good idea. But how/who would you RP then? You could RP Tryd...))

"Okay, good with me," she said quietly, diving for the trees. She pulled up gracefully, just in time, and landed on a branch. She studied the wolves, deciding which one she would take. She actually wasn't quite sure yet, but she thought she might like the female one that stood beside the male that looked like a fox on stilts. "There's the Alpha," she said, indicating Twitch.

Tandr became nervous as he noticed the birds disappearing into the forest. He knew from experience he would not be able to find them. Birds were good at hiding. He barked a warning to his father. He was slightly afraid, for his fiery coat would stand out and make him an easy target to follow.

((i would still rp Des but just probably control Tryd for a little while))

Des watched the birds disappear into the forest as well, feeling a bit nervous and worried about that. When birds showed themselves and then disappeared a few minutes later, that wasn't a very good sign. "Do birds attack you guys often?" she asked Tandr and Tyrd curiously. She was just trying to figure out if this sort of thing happened before, as in recently or in the past like when the two of them were born. It didn't really matter but she was just curious to know that stuff.

((Okay, cool with me))

Tandr exchanged a glance with Tryd. It didn't happen often, but that was really the wrong question to ask Tryd. He often got all strange. Like now. Tryd's eyes paled, their color a ghostly, vacant, pale tan. They stared at nothing, his body unmoving. Tandr rolled his eyes. Almost everyone had lost a litter-mate, what made Tryd so special he got to over-react about it? Tryd started to shake, Tandr walking over to him and biting him on the scruff of his neck. That seemed to do the trick. Tryd stopped shaking, but his eyes were still a vacant color.

"It happens every now and again, but we've never seen this pair before. We would've remembered. Tryd's litter-mates were killed by a bird... right before his own eyes," he said, trying to explain Tryd's weirdness. Tandr sighed, rolling his eyes. Why did Tryd have to go and embarrass Tandr?

Edited by Packgoater

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that and I'm also sorry for bringing up that subject," Des said in reply as she looked at the sky again. "My parents and my twin brother were killed by an eagle when I was a pup but I somehow managed to get away," she said softly as she kept her attention on the sky. She was trying to look for the birds again but it was clear that they weren't in sight and hiding elsewhere. "A pair of wolves found me and took me in but then they died of a disease a year ago and now I'm on my own," she added as she looked at them again. "I don't live in a pack but just by myself in a cave. It's very lonesome but I'm used to it."

((Alright, I'm having Fury take Twitch. If I do something wrong, tell me. Should Fury keep Twitch alive after taking him?))

With a flap of his wings and a nod of his head, Fury burst into the clearing from the tree cover. The Alpha was there, right in front of him, standing around like a piece of prey begging to be caught. With one shrill cry, Fury swooped down and sank his claws into the wolf's back, careful not to damage the wolf too much that it would die quickly. He had something he wanted to do. The wolf wasn't very heavy, nowhere as heavy as a bear, and Fury quickly rose above the wolves, nearly into the lower canopy. They would never be able to reach him up here. He was sure Lenka would do the same in a couple of seconds, and so he waited, his wings flapping quickly to maintain the same height.

Lenka screeched, diving towards the she-wolf she had spotted earlier. She reached out and grabbed her, pulling her up into the sky. She and Fury could eat the Alpha later and save this one for another day. She flapped over to Fury, signaling a cave on top of cliffs a bit far out.

Des could only watch as one of the birds swooped down and grabbed Twitch. She then saw the other bird come down and tried running but it was no use for it had grabbed her and was now flying after the other one towards a cave on top of a few cliffs. I hope they don't plan on eating us in my home, was all that she could think to herself while she was being carried away. She tried to wiggle, hoping that it would loosen the bird's grip on her so that she could fall but at the same time she thought that it wouldn't work. Something has to since I don't want to be the bird's dinner.

Tryd, being the scaredy-wolf that he was, could only watch hopelessly as his father was taken and did the same as Des was taken by another bird shortly afterward. Mustering up the most courage that he could he said, "Come on. We have to go after them." He then started to walk in the direction that he had seen the birds go in before stopping to wait for Tandr. He didn't want to leave without his half-brother and besides, Tandr was more courageous than he was.

((is Twitch Tryd's step-father or father? I'm also only temporarily controlling Tryd for now but for the rest of the time, he's yours))

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Father. Not step-father. You can have Tryd, if you want.))

Tandr nodded to Tryd, his eyes locked on the birds. "We have to get up there! Up on that cliff!" he shouted, starting to run forward. "The cliff has a small ridge leading to the top, but it looks like it's windy up there!" The wind was already picking up, blowing the thin coat of snow away. He ran across the plain, his feet barely touching the ground. He finally slowed, knowing he was faster than Tryd. He continued to take long strides forward, walking briskly to a large rock. The cliff was now hidden by a thick bushel of trees, so he needed to see above them. He lept onto it, climbing onto the rock that seemed to stretch into the sky. The journey would take a long time. They were days away from the cliff. The cliff was just a large, tan shape in the distance. He needed to get there. It would take a week, at the least, not to mention Tryd was with him. He sighed, jumping of the back of the rock and landing on the ground as rain started to pour. "All right, Tryd. It'll be a week's journey. Let's camp here for the night."

((alright but if i do anything wrong with him, you'll have to let me know; also i don't think that i can have Tryd fall for Des since they're both my chars...maybe she could be more like a sister to him or something))

Tryd nodded in reply to all that he said before running after him. He knew that his half-brother was faster than him but that didn't deter him from continuing on behind him. When Tandr slowed and then stopped at a place that they could stop for the night he listened to all that he said as the rain poured down upon them he nodded before laying down and trying to get some sleep. He had trouble sleeping since he was worried about both his father and Des. He managed, though, but his sleep was still restless since he was tossing and turning a lot.

((okie dokie to both happy.gif))