Packgoater

Barren

((Yes, yes yes and yes! We've been needing people for awhile, now. It'd be great if you joined. ))

Username: Scott-the-wolf

Character name: Night-Catcher (Aka Night)

Character age: unknown

Race: Wolf =P

Appearance (Pics are accepted):click

History: he came from a long line of pure grey wolf, he is the first in his family to be Mixed blood, they are wolfvesthat are crossed between diferent kinds of wolf, he was abandoned, leaving him a loner.

Introduction paragraph:

Night bounded up a steep slope, he looked down upon the bears, he lived awful close to the bears territory, he could watch them from atop the cliff, and the bears would have no idea he was there, a Raven landed on his back "Hey Dawn" Night said to the Raven, "what are you doing here in the middle of the night. i thought Ravens only where awake during the day." Night shook causing Dawn to fly off and sit on a branch. "Well, i just came to make sure you don't get into trouble" Dawn squawked. Night leap up to try and reach the bird, "Well, i don't need protecting from a Raven, can't you leave me alone for once?" Night asked.

Now i need to make one for Dawn xd.png

Username: Scott-the-wolf

Character name: Dawn

Character age: unknown

Race: Raven

Appearance (Pics are accepted): click

History: she randomly showed up one day as a baby Raven, Night took care of her and they have been best friends ever seance

Introduction paragraph:

Dawn avoided Night's attempt at catching her, "aparently you do, considering you almost got eaten by a bear a couple days ago!" Dawn said and flew up high in the tree making sure that Night would not be able to reach her, Dawn squawked as the branch gave way and she flapped her wings and went to a different branch. Night woofed in amusement. Dawn glared at the wolf.

(is this good?))

Fury flapped his wings quickly to gain altitude, and glanced down at the forest clearing below. Lenka had snatched a she-wolf, and that was all they could carry for now. He considered what they would do with the wolves once they got up to the cave. The Alpha they could probably eat right then and there, and then save the she-wolf for later. However, by the look of things, the wolves down below weren't just going to give up without trying to get their Alpha and packmate back. For a moment, Fury had to admire their determination. Then the memory of the wolves tearing his family apart flashed before his eyes, and Fury shook his head quickly. How could he admire those disgusting creatures? He spiraled upward on a warm draft of air, glad that the Alpha was no longer struggling. The wolf knew that a fall from this height would kill him, and Fury could just swoop back down and retreive his dead body. No wonder the other wolves had this wolf as Alpha. Most of the others would have continued to struggle, regardless of the height. A few more minutes passed of silent flying, and then Fury alighted upon the edge of the cliff, tossing the Alpha wolf in and tucking in his large wings so that Lenka could enter. "Do not even try to escape, wolf." Fury rasped, his golden eyes fixed upon the Alpha. "It is pointless. You would not survive the way down, and your wolves cannot get up here. Either way, only death awaits you."

((You have a few spelling and grammatical errors. Dawn will be outcast from all birds, especially if Night is in the 'loner' 'pack'. Otherwise it looks okay. ))

Lenka too, did a strong down-flap, her wings pushing herself and the she-wolf upward. She finally rose to the cliff, throwing the she-wolf in the cave as well. She screeched at the wolves, anger rising like bile into her throat.

"You'll pay for the lives you've taken, wolves. You'll pay for my dead nest-mates. You pay with your own lives, and the lives of the two that foolishly pursue you!" she crowed, her eyes holding a hard glint. She ruffled her feathers to twice her size, opening her wings to their full extent. "And you shall be our first meal, Alpha wolf!"

okay, it seems that they act like outcasts, and Night was wanting to join a pack but couldn't, he has some unlucky markings on him or something xd.png i come up with odd things and yes they both live alone, but are with each other. ))

Des growled at the bird that was carrying her and said in reply as politely as she could, "I didn't kill any of your nestmates or the ones of your friend. I'm just a loner but someone in one of the packs might have. A bird killed my parents and twin nestmate when I was younger but I'm smart enough not to go after you guys because I know that I'll just die for my trouble." She sighed, hoping that Tryd and Tandr would come soon. They might not be able to save Twitch but hopefully they'd be able to save her and not blame her for his death.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Tandr woke at the early hours of the morning. Butting Tryd with his head, he took off, hoping to get a good day's journey in ahead of him. Quickly sprinting, he noticed a hill not too far off. From there he could try and catch a glimpse of the cave again. Catching a rabbit, he leaped back to Tryd, eating the front half and leaving the rest for him. Waiting with his tail thumping against a rock, he thought he saw a bear in the forest over yonder. Shuddering, he signaled to Tryd that he needed to hurry up. They needed to go, now.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't care if it was you, wolf. This is a message to all your wolf friends. Birds are not to mess with!" Lenka screeched, coming closer to the wolves so that they could smell her previous victim on her breath. Turning away from them, she preened herself, not taking her eyes off her prisoners/meals.

Tryd woke up to feeling Tandr butt his head and got up, stretching a bit before his half-brother went ahead of him to get something to eat for breakfast. When he came back with a rabbit, he ate the back half as Tandr ate the front half and ate it quickly. When he was almost done eating he saw his brother signaling him to hurry up and nodded, eating faster than before. When he finished, he signaled Tandr to go ahead of him and he'd catch up to the best of his ability. He hoped that when they got to their destination that their father and Des would be okay.

Des just sighed and shut up as she looked around their surroundings. She didn't point out that she didn't have any friends since it didn't really matter right now. Actually, none of it really mattered. The only thing that mattered right now was staying alive long enough for Tryd and Tandr to come rescue her and hopefully Twitch as well. She knew that the alpha's death might be inevitable but she hoped that they wouldn't kill him before the boys came.

Amber ran faster after the birds. They would probably kill her, but after a year of searching for someone to be with again, she had started to get a little insane and desperate. Besides, living with birds for to years had trained her to know how they attack. Especially the last time she had seen birds fight. No, she couldn't think about that. She couldn't think about Nightstream and Star. She saw two other wolves behind her, heading towards the cliffs that the birds had disappeared into. They were probably trying to save the wolves that had been lifted up into the air. She finally stopped to sleep, catching and eating a rabbit-creature first.

Edited by Backup77

Tandr noticed another wolf. Getting up, he sprinted after the wolf. What was she thinking? She could easily die! These birds had already taken off two wolves, he didn't need her killed off too! Was she a member of the loners? His legs pumping, he barreled into the wolf that had been eating.

"What are you thinking? You can't just run out in the wide open! Not only are there birds, but I saw, just a few minutes ago, a bear in the woods! What were you thinking? Are you stupid?"

Amber felt another wolf barrel into her. Shaking the snow of her pelt, she got up. "A bear?" She asked. She growled, remembering the bear that had taken her life away. "And I'm not stupid. I'm just a little insane." She hesitated, wondering how much she should tell this wolf. Should she tell him about her past? About Nightstream and Star? He might attack her and hate her for the rest of his life, if she even got away. She hardly knew anything about wolf fighting skills, except the ones she had taught herself. She hadn't lived long enough in her pack to learn very much. She could fight birds, if she had to, but not a wolf.

"Yeah. Were you following those birds?" Tandr asked, cocking his head in confusion now. Was that even possible? That would be more than insane. That would be stupid and insane. Shaking his head, the fiery-coated wolf sat down, confusion written all over his face. He scratched at an itch just below his ear in annoyance. Was this she-wolf insane like she claimed? She certainly seemed to be. He wasn't going to hurt this wolf, and had made that clear by sitting down in front of her. That was not something a hostile dog would do.

Amber looked at the other wolf. He had asked if she was following the birds. That was true, of course, but she couldn't let him know. What would happen if she did? He certainly wasn't being very hostile, but that could easily change. He couldn't know that she had lived with birds for most of her life. "Why would I be following the birds?" Amber asked. "You seem to be going in the same direction." She hoped the other wolf wouldn't see the foot-long feather woven in with the fur on her back. It had been one of Star's feathers, and it had fallen out during the battle.

Edited by Backup77

"Dunno. Well, you weren't in a pack with us, so you wouldn't know the two wolves that got picked up and taken away. Say, would you like to travel with us? We could keep you company. Me and my brother over there. We're heading to save the wolves. If you're heading that way, perhaps you could help us? After all, you must be experienced in fighting them. No wolf get a feather like that from being nice to a bird," Tandr chuckled, noticing the feather in her fur. "Y'know, I don't have all that much against the birds, but my brother there? Oho, he gets worked up when you ask him about his history. His litter, we're half-brothers, you see, was killed by a few birds, so he'll never forgive them for it."

"Okay", Amber said. She didn't really want to go with the other two wolves, but they might get suspicious if she refused. Plus, traveling with them would make them less vulnerable to bears and caribou. "And I would be good at fighting the birds if it came to that." She muttered. She thought about what the other wolf had said. No wolf get a feather like that from being nice to a bird. But she had. Nightstream and Star had been her only friends ever since she had been abandoned, and she had never harmed a bird in her life. "I'm Amber." She added. "But I didn't catch your name."

"My name is Tandr. It seems like it always comes to that. My pack? We don't hunt those birds. No, those birds just hunt us. it's really terrible. So, tell me the story of how you got that feather. While my brother isn't around, of course. He'd probably get upset if he heard," Tandr replied, shrugging as if his half-brother was hopeless. Flicking his ears, he started to pad off toward the direction they were heading, his eyes friendly.

Amber hesitated when he asked her to tell him how she got the feather. She followed him and said: "It isn't a trophy. It is a reminder of some friends that died because of two birds." That was half true. If Nightstream and Star had flown away, if they had saved themselves, then they wouldn't be dead. Maybe Amber could have escaped, and they would meet up again. But Amber knew Nightstream and Star would never have left her, and she would never have been able to outrun the bear and caribou. Someday, the stupid war would be over, there would be no fighting, and no 'top species'. Then there would finally be peace.

Grazing, Ryka twitched her nose. Raising her head, Ryka snorted.Snow is deep this year. She noticed a calf struggling to dig up a patch of grass."Need some help?" The calf, half starved, nodded with greatful eyes. Using her antlers, Ryka cleared the snow away."Thank you." The calf stumbled and ate where she fell. My work here is done. Walking back to her patch, Ryka began grazing again.

Kaskea walked over to the other caribou. Her name was Ryka and Kaskea had hand-picked her himself. She was a powerful and trustworthy doe, one to be respected and feared by the enemy. Twitching his nose, the giant white stag walked over to her.

"Hello. How are you? Has everything been okay since I left for a few weeks?"

((Kaskea ))

"Hello Kaskea. I'm fine. The herd is fine, but there is one calf who may need attention. She's half-dead from starvation." Shaking her copper head, Ryka thought she smelled a wolf. Cursed snow. Always more than anyone would think. Taking one last bite of her patch of grass, she left the rest for Kaskea. Trotting off, Ryka saw a wolf. Bellowing, she charged at it. Yelpung, it ran away with her close on his tail. Once she was positive that he wouldn't come back, she galloped back to the herd. Smiling at Kaskea, she layed down.

Kaskea nodded with approval, turning to the sickly calf. Kaskea would give it special attention over the next few days. Lowering his head and pushing a large amount of snow away, he started to do that over most of the clearing, building up walls around their camp of sorts. When tall walls of snow stood proudly glittering, Kaskea finally started to eat again. He nodded to the caribou whom had helped him. Hopefully the snow would freeze overnight. "We'll start doing this everyday, making our area slowly larger and larger, got it?" he said, his loud voice echoing through the herd's area.

The more Amber thought about the war, the angrier she got. Everyone was fighting. Families were being torn apart. You always had to be looking out for yourself, and sometimes you could only save yourself or someone you loved. If a lion saw a bear, they automatically thought they had to kill each other. Everything was falling apart.

Tandr looked over at the she-wolf. "Are you okay?" he asked, noticing that she seemed to be getting a bit angry. "Did I say something?" he asked, cocking his head and looking very quizzical and rather goofy. His tail lightly flicked in annoyance. He could be stupid sometimes, but he hadn't though he'd said anything offensive...