Packgoater

Barren

"No... just thinking." Amber said. Why was everyone fighting? Why were they all so intent on becoming the next 'top species'? Did there have to be one? Why couldn't they just work together to make the world better, instead of tearing it apart with sadness and bloodshed? Someday, just maybe, the world wouldn't have a top species. The world would finally be at peace.

Tryd had followed after Tandr to the she-wolf that was in the area and just sat idly by while they talked. He didn't want to interrupt their conversation with something stupid sounding so he didn't say anything at all. When the other wolf seemed to get mad over something that she seemed to be thinking. He wondered if it had to do with the species fighting over who was going to be the top one but still didn't mention anything about it. He then sighed suddenly and said while looking at the sky, "We should get going if we want to save Des and our father from those wrathful birds."

Fury nodded his approval at Lenka's choice of words, and then snapped his beak with a sharp clacking noise. He felt on edge, thrilled to have another tiny ounce of revenge against the wolves for their crimes. Grabbing the alpha by his hind leg, Fury went in for the kill, ripping off the alpha's head and swallowing it. Then he screeched and flapped his wings once. He would scour the surrounding area for any sign that wolves would try and attempt a rescue. Filthy things, they all depended on one another. "Lenka, I'm going to scout the area for more prey. Feel free to eat the rest of the wolf." Fury hissed, triumph in his voice. He was sure Lenka wouldn't eat the she-wolf just yet.

((If you didn't want the alpha to die, just say so and I'll edit.))

Des could only watch in horror as the male bird ripped off the alpha's head and swallowed it. She looked away and hoped that she wouldn't start crying and bring attention to herself by the female bird. She didn't want to die and be eaten by the birds. She hoped that Tandr and Tryd would hurry to rescue her before she was killed and eaten by the animals that had taken both her and their father. Please hurry Tandr and Tryd, she thought to herself while she laid there on the cave floor and looked out of the cave mouth.

Lenka nodded and smiled, eating the rest of the wolf and then turning to the other one. "Don't try anything. I really do like killing my prey as I eat it, but if needed I have no quarrels with dropping you first. Watch you break. So don't try anything. For you own sake," she crowed, ruffling her feathers and staring hard at the she-wolf. "You're lucky I'm full right now, but I will eat you soon if I must. I'd rather not, but..." she said, suddenly beginning to feel sleepy. No, she couldn't sleep. She had to stay awake.

Fury nodded back at Lenka and took off, spreading his great wings outside the cave. "Beware, she-wolf, of trying to escape. Even if you do get past Lenka, I will be scouting this area. I will bring you back to this cave, where your fate will be decided." he hissed at the she-wolf as a final warning, and then took to the skies. He knew he was visible from a long way off, since he had flashy golden feathers, and he was larger than most other birds in the sky. Fury's golden eyes flashed as he picked up the scent of wolves nearby. He screeched loudly and started circling around the cliff area, searching for the source of the scent.

Des glared at the female bird before doing the same to the male and said in reply before he flew off, "I won't try to escape. I'm not that stupid you know." She sighed a bit before turning her attention back to the female bird that was keeping watch on her and asked, "Would it be okay if I just went outside for a few minutes? I'll still be in sight since I'll only be in front of the cave." She hoped that the bird would agree; she needed some fresh air and also wanted to think with a clear head which she would only be able to do outside.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Hi all, I've been accepted and I'm going to post my intro and a bit more... and DP! Remember me? smile.gif ))

Myf looked out onto the glowing horizon, shuffling uneasily. She watched two giant eagles carry a dying wolf to their cave, and a pack of lions tearing chunks from a caribou. As long as she was high up, or in the air, the other clumsier animals couldn't get to her. Myf wondered where she would go to next - the snow covered birch trees, or the tropical coastlines. Some day, she hoped she would find a safe haven, where the animals could live in peace together. She didn't want to live in fear anymore.

Myf looked out to the sky above her, now aware of the kufuffle in her proximity. She saw a large golden eagle surveying the skies, and a smaller bird, occasionally poking it's head out of a cave, fairly close to hers. She teetered to the edge of the ridge, and took flight into the air. The wind under her wings, she slowly beat them as she flew high into the air. Circling the area, she saw too wolves making thier way up the mountainside to the cave the smaller bird was in. Making as little noise as possible, she flew behind the two wolves, and landed on the top of a nearby tree, careful not to attract attention from the wolves. They looked worried, and Myf wondered what has possbily gone wrong.

((sorry was waiting for either DS, backup77, or PG to post but i guess i could post as Tryd again; also glad to see you here in this rp chocolate happy.gif))

Tryd heard the screech of a bird up above and saw the sunlight glisten off its feathers as it circled around. "We should hide," he said to his brother and his companion. "There's a bird circling up above and if it sees us, we're dead meat." He knew that they didn't have any chance if the bird was to dive and pick them up now like the birds earlier had done to Des and their father. He got a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach all of the sudden that Des was the only one that they needed to save now.

Myf tilted her head at the wolves, as they ran undercover. "Wait," she crowed. "I mean you no harm, I have no interest is killing another race." Myf didn't want to come across as weak, but she also didn't want to look menacing.

"Where are you going?" Myf asked. "If it is to do with the birds on the ledge then maybe I can help you. I do have wings you know." She chuckled to herself and rearranged her wings. "Unless you want to kill them of course. I do have limits too."

[[i apologize for the terrible typing. I'm doing this on a iPod touch smile.gif]]

((it's fine and the bird that Tryd was talking about was Fury, DS' character and also they haven't moved yet))

((What kind of bird is she? Just wondering.))

Amber jumped as she heard a bird speak. Her first reaction was terror- after all the talking she had heard about birds attacking wolves she had felt a little jumpy. Her second reaction was relief- maybe the bird wouldn't attack them? Maybe she would be like Nightstream and Star? Then she actually took a moment to listen to what she was saying. "...no interest is killing another race. Where are you going? If it is to do with the birds on the ledge then maybe I can help you. I do have wings you know. Unless you want to kill them of course. I do have limits too." Amber hoped that it wouldn't come to harming the birds. Even if they were attacking wolves, birds were the ones that had shown her the most kindness. Even her own species hadn't cared enough about her to take care of her as a pup. Nightstream and Star had given her a home and taken care of her, and had even sacrificed themselves to save her when they could have saved themselves. A tear trickled down Amber's cheek as she thought about it. Now they were dead, and she would never see them again. Maybe other birds were like them. Maybe they weren't the only ones who would show kindness to animals that weren't their species. Maybe.

Tandr snarled as a bird came near. His whole mane raised and he stood with his legs splayed. A part of him was gone, something was missing and he had a gut feeling it was his father. "I will not take help from a bird. Never. Those birds have killed off everything I have. They will die and they will die a slow and painful death," he growled, assuming Des was dead too. "You wouldn't understand. It's more than just pain, it's loosing yourself along with everything else," he snapped, turning away, not noticing Amber's tear.

Des sighed when she didn't get a response from the female bird and said as she headed to the entrance of the cave, "I'm going to get some fresh air but don't worry since I'm not going to try to escape." She wished that she could though as she reached the outside of the cave but she knew deep down that there wasn't one. As she got outside of the cave, she looked up at the sky and had the urge to howl in lament but resisted the urge. She didn't want to give the bird a reason to attack her if she thought that she was somehow getting a message out. She sighed again and just watched the clouds pass by.

Tryd looked up at the bird and heard everything that she offered but didn't reply as he heard what his brother said. With a sigh, he looked up at the ledge that had the cave that Des and his father had been taken to and saw a wolf there. Des. "Tandr," he said as he kept his attention on the sight. "Des is standing outside the cave."

((that's assuming that they're that close to it; if they're not, then I'll edit that part out))

((Fury is male, and he's a giant, golden eagle. He's easily spottable. Also, DP, if Tryd can see Des, Fury can see Tryd. Just pointing that out.))

The she-wolf had come out of the cave, and was staring up at the clouds. Fury, thinking that she was trying to escape, swooped down, but then he knew Lenka would keep watch over the she-wolf. Fury stopped his dive and flapped his wings to gain altitude, his fierce golden eyes searching the ground below. Most of his vision was impeded by the closely-knit trees, but he could make out movement down below. Out of the blue he dived down, refraining from making any sound that would give him away. He heard the rustle of wings, and knew that another bird was here.

((yeah i know since he's up in the air and can see everything))

Des saw the male bird start to dive towards her but then pull up again and head in another direction. She watched him for a bit before having her attention be back on the clouds above. She was sitting outside the mouth of the cave and was thinking of laying down instead so she did so. She didn't know how much longer she would be alive for but hopefully it would be long enough in order for Tandr and Tryd to rescue her. As she laid there, she started to think about her conflicting feelings for Tandr and tried to shake them away but found that she couldn't.

Tryd looked away from the ledge when he saw a movement out of the corner of his eye and saw the golden eagle start to dive down to where they were. It was one of the eagles that had taken Des and his father the day before. He hadn't heard any sound from the eagle but its brightness against the sun had alerted him of its presence. He looked up at the ledge again, trying not to think of the other bird and what it would do to them. He hoped that it wouldn't do anything to them but that was just wishful thinking.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Fury is male, and he's a giant, golden eagle. He's easily spottable. Also, DP, if Tryd can see Des, Fury can see Tryd. Just pointing that out.))

((Huh? I was talking about Myf! *whispers* Packgoater hasn't put her form on the first post yet.))

((I'm sure she will when she gets the chance))

((Sorry for not replying earlier. Myf is a two year old, female red-tailed hawk))

Myf sighed and drooped her head. "Why must your kind judge us?" She asked. "We are not all killing machines. I have never dared to kill a wolf, bear or lion. I merely lived of small animals and berries." She looked to the sky, and saw a wolf outside a cave, and an eagle swooping to the wolves. She had one idea... If they wanted to save the wolf of course.

"Listen, you must trust me if you want your friend's life spared." She said in a low, quiet tone. "If you can attract the big eagle to where you are, and take it away from here, I can get the wolf and take it back to my cave. Once you shake him off then I can take it back to you."

"Deal?"

Tryd looked a bit uncertain at first before nodding a little bit afterward. "We think that there's another eagle inside the cave though," he said as he got ready to take off in the direction that he planned to go in, in order to lead the swooping eagle to go after him and away from his brother, their companion, and the bird that wanted to help them. "A female so you might want to watch out for her." Then after he said that he took off as fast as he could, hoping to lead the eagle far enough away so that the smaller female that was willing to help them could accomplish what she had said. He also hoped that the eagle wouldn't kill him as he did this and then tried to think positively.

Fury's eyes flashed as he spotted another wolf, running away from the cliffs. He screeched this time as he dived after the wolf, weaving through the trees as he kept his eyes locked on the prey. He was eager for the hunt, and even more eager for the feeling of sinking his talons into the flesh of one of the species he hated the most.

Amber listened to the plans, uncertain whether or not the other two wolves would agree to the plan. One of them had made his feelings clear that he wouldn't, then the other one agreed and ran off. She started to follow him, mostly to make sure he didn't harm any birds, but then heard a shriek and saw a golden comet racing towards him. Amber ran as fast as she could. She ran towards the other wolf, barreling into him when she reached him. It wasn't the best idea, she realized later. Hadn't the plan been to draw the eagle away? What if the whole plan had been ruined, and now the eagle was going to kill the other wolf and everyone who was close to him would hate birds even more? She didn't even think that the bird might kill her to.

Myf nodded and quickly took flight, watching as the eagle began to chase the wolves. She hoped that the wolves were swift, and could dodge the eagle's attacks. Another bird? She thought, This might be harder than I thought. She gracefully flew up to the ledge, and bowed her head gracefully, before snapping at the wolf in the mouth of the cave. "Good morning, my companion." She addressed the bird, "It has been a long time since I have seen feathers, apart from my own of course."

While Myf may not be the fastest, strongest or most violent, she was the smartest. She could outwit anyone, with her smooth talking. She could plot strategies in the matter of seconds, and could communicate clearly and accurately. She was the master of lies and deception, and knew that the bird wouldn't stand a chance to question her 'motives'.

She bowed to the bird again, her eyes gleaming. "If I may introduce myself, my name is Myfanwy, but you can call me Myf. I believe you are in cahoots with the golden eagle, who is hunting outside. There are two big, juicy wolves outside, and he may not be able to kill them by him-self. He looked like he needed your help, in case they get away." She bowed once more, her voice was smooth and sounded wise. "I will stay here, and watch the wolf, to make sure the wretch doesn't get away. I despise of wolves as much as you do, I can promise you that." She walked over to the wolf at the mouth, and nipped her in the ear. However, she wasn't facing the bird, and gave the wolf a pitiful look. She slightly nodded to it, and turned back, her eyes fierce again. "The eagle may not have much time to get the wolves, as they are crafty creatures. Be swift my friend, so you will have fresh meat."