Dr. Paine

Favorite quotes!

Yeah, it appears no one's re-made this (I checked here and GD. If I missed it, I am very sorry.) So, what are your favorite quotes? They can be from books, games, movies, whatever.

Let's begin with some words from the great and glorious GLaDOS.

"Do you know the biggest lesson I learned from what you did? We're a lot alike, you and I. You tested me. I tested you. You killed me, I- oh no, wait. I guess I haven't killed you yet. Oh. Food for thought."

"Look. We both said a lot of things you're going to regret. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster."

"There's a hole in the sky, through which things can fly."

------

Others:

"People assume time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of... wibbly wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff." -The (10th) Doctor.

"Beans are evil. Bad, bad beans." - The (11th) Doctor.

"And that's how Equestria was made!" - Pinkie Pie.

Now, share your quotes!

And remember- "Don't disappoint me. Or I'll make you wish you could die."

ETA: ... please, if you MUST quote yourself, limit it to one, and one only. A third instance of this will result in a report for spam, because really, seeing people do nothing but quote themselves is annoying. (You are, however, free to quote other forum members if they've said something really good.)

Edited by Dr. Paine

"You don't eat the ball? You call this fun?" -Yoshi, Super Mario Bros. Super Show

"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it." -Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Want do you want? Wait, don't tell me, let me guess... Is it... an umbrella?! Okay, fine. Tell me." -Bard Empire, Spore

"If someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'Yes!'" -Ghostbusters

"You hear that, line? From now on you're the Weirdo Fountain of Eterna!" -Hikaru, Magic Knight Rayearth

Edited by Mitesla

"I appear crazy because it looks like I'm talking to myself, but I'm not. I'm talking to next door's dog. Or cat." - Ameryls

"OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, I SAID BACON AND EGGS!"-Danny from the Tourettes Guy

Me: What would you do if a samurai using baby talk with a rice ball for a head starts chucking marbles at you?

Sister: There is no way to react to this. You can't do it.

"The Creator, if He exists, has an inordinate fondness for beetles."

- J. B. S. Haldane

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

―Cave Johnson

- The Doctor

"Come on, look at me! No plan, no backup, no weapons worth a damn, oh, and something else: I don't have anything to lose! So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little space ships with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight, just remember who's standing in your way! Remember every black day I ever stopped you, and then, *and then*, do the smart thing!

Let somebody else try first." - The Doctor

Edited by Kestra15

My friend's quote:

When life gives you lemons, squirt the juice in your eyes and you'll forget why you were so mad in the first place.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

- H. L. Mencken

"Hellooooo, imbecile!"

"Now you're thinking with stupidity."

"Now you're just not thinking."

"Bird! Bird! Kill it! It's evil. Oh. It flew away. Good, for him! Okay, back to thinking!"

All from GLaDOS.

"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"True wisdom is knowing that you know nothing." ~ Socrates

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

―Cave Johnson

Cave Johnson is EPIC

This is a spoiler from Portal 2 - 'I'm Diffrent' Turret ^^

'The answer is beneath us.'

'Her name is Caroline.'

'Thats all I can say'

- I'm Diffrent Turret

'Yes... Mister Johnson..'

-GLaDOS

'Hey, stupid human, you can't destroy the god face.'

-Wheatly

'SPAAACE, SPACE I can spell Space. Ess... P... ace. SPace.

Father, are you space?

Yes son, I am space.

SPAAAAACE'

-Space Core

ALL FROM PORTAL 2 ^^

Me: The best part of malicious plans, in the minds of true evil geniuses, is the pie.

Me, after picking up my sister's crochet hook:

"This looks like an early version of the fork."

Me:

"Once Dad told me to stop walking around in circles, so I started walking around in squares and rectangles."

Yes, I am awesome like that.

xd.png

~Cavey

^ Really? xd.png

---

"I like to tell people I have the heart of a small boy. Then I say it's in a jar on my desk."

- Found it on the internet~

"I love Halloween - The one time of year when everybody wear a mask, not just me.

People think it's fun to pretend you're a monster. Me - I spend my life pretending I'm not."

- Dexter Morgan

"Doakes: That censorkip.gif about your father… If you wanna talk about it…

Dexter: About what? That my life is one tragic mistake?

Doakes: We’ve all felt that at one time or another. I have.

Dexter: Did you happen to be stuffing a human leg into a garbage bag at that point?"

- More Dexter

Dexter: I own you.

-And more Dexter

"Gary was here. Ash is a loser."

-Gary Oak

Edited by Yah I Just Love Dragons 666

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.

-- Ayn Rand

Some Mythbusters quotes:

"When in doubt, C4."

"When in doubt, more explosives."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

"Well THERE'S your problem!"

"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."

A quote from Mushu:

"You missed! How could you miss?! He was 3 FEET IN FRONT OF YOU!!"

Edited by SpiritOfSakura

"Whoever's the owner of the white Sedan... you left your lights on..." - Patrick Star

"...And he's actually inside the turtle!" - Genie

"For those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some good news and some bad news..." - Cave Johnson.

Also, anything that Groucho Marx has ever said is a favorite quote. ;3

"MY NAME IS FRED!!!!!!!!!!!!" -Flame Swordsman, Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series

"Ride out the storm, and live to fight another day." -The Chronicler, TLo Spyro: The Etenal Night

"May those who accept their fate find happiness; those who defy it, glory."

-from Princess Tutu

Oh and how could I forget?

“And so, the prince and the princess lived happily ever…Happily!? Happiness in stories is at most a trifling matter of a couple of lines at the end — the epitome of boredom. Now, show me a magnificent tragedy! A cataclysm of tears from which not one of the players is saved, and to which a happy ending never comes!”

— Drosselmeyer, “Princess Tutu”

Edited by Sinsdaemn