MisaTange

Name Check Thread

I am curious about two names:

Where's The Potty (for a female Moonstone)

and

Silver Penk Tease (for a Pink Tinsel fail from Silver tinsel lineage that began with Penk)

I'm about 99% sure they're ok, but would rather be 100% certain biggrin.gif

Would Pajero (like the Nissan Pajero), be appropriate?

It's mother is named Laputa (like the Suzuki Laputa), which is sort of a spanish inner joke like the other one (those two cars were renamed in Spain as Qashqai, I think, and Vitara, because of the rather curious connotations).

Since there is a car on the market with that word, it should be okay. It does, however, have a very nasty definition to it. I did see a dragon with that translation as its name, though, so it should be okay.

Since there is a car on the market with that word, it should be okay. It does, however, have a very nasty definition to it. I did see a dragon with that translation as its name, though, so it should be okay.

I think I'll go for a safer name. Thanks tho ^^

I thought there used to be a thread in Site Discussion where you could ask for naming suggestions. I can't find it, and this thread is the closest thing to what I'm looking for without making a new thread.

I have four CB common hatchlings (grey, guardian, green, and hellfire) who all hatched at the exact same time moments before their time-of-death as part of a neglected experiment (those four were failures but one was a success!). I'd like to name them something that commemorates the occasion. Suggestions?

EDIT: Thanks rubyshoes!

Edited by Renorei

I thought there used to be a thread in Site Discussion where you could ask for naming suggestions. I can't find it, and this thread is the closest thing to what I'm looking for without making a new thread.

I have four CB common hatchlings (grey, guardian, green, and hellfire) who all hatched at the exact same time moments before their time-of-death as part of a neglected experiment (those four were failures but one was a success!). I'd like to name them something that commemorates the occasion. Suggestions?

Here's the thread you were looking for. http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...31337&hl=naming

I've got "Cold-Hearted Glitch" for my previously glitched Marrow (also have Son Of A Glitch in reserve). I was thinking of suggesting that offspring to be named along similar lines. S'alright?

Edited by Khymarea

Is 'Screw you with my sonic' like the Doctor's sonic screwdriver) inappropriate?

While I'm here, I guess I should check these too. Are 'Procreate', 'Suck' and 'Tom Bomb' ok? I went ahead and named them because I don't think they're inappropriate but I'll change them if they are.

I wanted to check if Bettie Page is ok as the name one of my dragons. Being a pinup (having been, more properly, RIP) I am not sure about it. If it doesn't pass the test then I will rename her.

Thanks biggrin.gif

I'm not a name checker or anything, but I think all three previous posters' names are all perfectly okay. 'Goddammit' could raise some eyebrows, but since it's used as a slang phrase and not intended for vulgarity, I think it's fine :B

Would "goddammit" be objectionable?

I find it objectionable, so it would need to go before the mods and Admin if reported.

Is 'Screw you with my sonic' like the Doctor's sonic screwdriver) inappropriate?

While I'm here, I guess I should check these too. Are 'Procreate', 'Suck' and 'Tom Bomb' ok? I went ahead and named them because I don't think they're inappropriate but I'll change them if they are.

Anything with "Screw you" in it usually raises eyebrows. The rest are alright.

I wanted to check if Bettie Page is ok as the name one of my dragons. Being a pinup (having been, more properly, RIP) I am not sure about it. If it doesn't pass the test then I will rename her.

Thanks biggrin.gif

Bettie Page, is fine.

I find it objectionable, so it would need to go before the mods and Admin if reported.

I also find it objectionable. Same with the "screw you with my sonic" one.

Rest are also fine by me, though. :3

Thanks. I named my nebula something else wink.gif

Also, I'm thinking of naming my female hellfyre 'PMS'. Is that okay? How about 'I am Stoned' for a stone dragon?

Also, it just occured to me that my xmas dragon named 'Ho Ho Ho' might be inappropriate.

Edited by coltzen

I have a vine dragon that I named "Don't Hoe Over There"

It's a garden reference, not a "Lady of the Night" reference, considering that one is spelled without the 'e.'

and now that I've seen the post above mine about "PMS," I have a Red dragon named "Aunt Flow." I figured it was vague enough... but no harm in making sure, right?

Edited by rainbowsmile

I just named a Gold 'The man with the golden gun' after the Bond film, but because it's got gun in the title, I just wanted to make sure it's okay. If not I don't mind changing it. smile.gif

That should be okay, I've seen a few dragons with the word "gun" in their names.

Also, I really want to name a dragon 'Repugnant' (which is free) but it won't let me. I can't see what's wrong with it though. Why won't it let me name my dragon?

I have this stripe egg with a code that made me think of naming it Onan (if it genders male). Would that be acceptable or is it considered as a "bad name"?

Thanks smile.gif

Never mind, the name is taken.

Edited by Naughtrish

Name of dragon: R2D2 has a Pub

Link of dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/d2Pub

would this be considered a inapriporate ( a word i cant spell) name? Its code gave me the idea

R2D2 has a Pub is fine. smile.gif

Would the name "Drug Cartel in Tinseltown" be okay? It's from a song by Green Day (Misery)

Perfect name for a tinsel ..