Elena

Names you can't believe you got.

I really like using the dragon's code to inspire the name, and I kept coming back to yBdal on my new Wild Shumuga and was POSITIVE that Your Broken Doll HAD to have been taken by now...  ... it wasn't.

Edited by zippuzzle

Rhetorics (FHH with parents named "But What If I'm Not Real" and "Is That A Rhetorical Question)

Deep-Fried Butter (Black Truffle, also related to parent names. without a hyphen was taken)

Icee U, Frostee-shirt, Sneezin' all, Unpaid Wintern (my seasonal winters. Icee You was predictably taken but this is just as good lmao.)

Edited by bord

A l l u r a n c e(bonus points if you get the reference, unspaced was already taken), Rathalos King of the Skies, Lord of All Time and Space, Evolving Skies(this is such a popular Pokemon TCG expansion im surprised it wasnt taken already), Techno Never Dies, all names I'm actually surprised I got(all are on varying dragons, fittingly enough, Lord of All Time and Space belongs to an aeon)

Sunrise Matriarch

"Sunrise Dragons: Each community is presided over by the strongest female."

Algae puns for my Algarre dragons, and it was surprisingly not hard to find simple ones:

Algee Whiz

Algal Rhythm

Analogae

(last one got a less creative name, had eww in the code so now it's "eww algae farts", RIP)

A terrible pun for my CB pyropellis I picked out of the AP, Pirate Pellets

Grape Nerd (Galvanic Wyverns will always remind me of artificial grape candies lmao)

Edited by bord

This year I finally got my first ever upside-down mint. Her name is Mint Chocolate Flip, I thought for sure it would be taken and I'd at least have to spell "Mint" with a y or something.

Thought-terminating cliche (the version with a space instead of a hyphen is currently untaken if anyone else is into that)

bit the bullet and finally named my ~200 unnamed dragons last night. managed to get "those were the days my friend" and "we thought they'd never end" for my new hybrid parents which was pretty sweet^_^

Just named "Oaths Forsworn" after a bit of finagling.  His parents are "Stolen Starsong" and "Turning Points," and the lineage I'm working on contains some Silmarillion references, so I think it will do nicely!  It's suitably spooky for a Halloween lineage, but more specifically I had in mind the bit in the Silm before the Third Kinslaying, where Maglor suggests it would be better to forswear their oath than to attack Sirion for the Silmaril, but Maedhros convinces him otherwise: a turning point in their lives that was missed, leading to pursuit of a jewel that later became a star. 

Edited by sorenna

a few names I'm surprised weren't taken-

Why Verne (Why Vern was already done)

Aster Rail, Ash Trail

Astley Roll (Astrael, never gonna give them up 😈)

Sia Worm (seawyrm lol)

Airwyrms (red-tailed, air affinity)

Sum More (seasonal summer. some more was taken ofc)

Dragon Goddess. Really thought it would be taken since a decade but I tried anyway and it worked?!?! :o

This isn't THAT surprising, but I named my Peach Pied Dragon "Strawberry-Tallcake" because Strawberry-Shortcake was taken. I'm insanely proud that I got that name

Screenshot_20230906-123229~2.png

On 9/6/2023 at 2:31 PM, Winter0nyx said:

This isn't THAT surprising, but I named my Peach Pied Dragon "Strawberry-Tallcake" because Strawberry-Shortcake was taken. I'm insanely proud that I got that name

Screenshot_20230906-123229~2.png

That's super cute!

Honey why is the baby on fire on a blazeback. Multiple forms of "Buy me more jewelry" were taken but I managed to get a slight misspelling reserved for later in case I can get this one a mate. I don't know why that ASDF clip is always in my head but it is.

Autism baby (ushgorn)

Neo pronouns (silvershade) 

and the family: decent man (royal crimson), decent woman (guardian), and decent baby (nobleshield)

On 9/11/2023 at 3:40 AM, Googs said:

“A hard boiled egg”

Xol?

Easy Come And Easy Go

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Just named an Astrael with parents "Autograph Hound" x "Stop Dogging Me" - couldn't believe that "Central Bark" worked when I tried it!

Edited by sorenna

"Perfunctorily" and "Morphemic". I don't usually even try to give my dragons one-word names in English as I tend to assume they're all taken already.

Edited by Aie