twin card

Which came first egg or chicken?

The egg. Because the Jabberwock (which is male) laid an egg and inside was a chicken. *shot*

basilisk? cockatrice. laugh.gif

Edited by lizardtail

"I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning."

Quoted from Harry Potter. Yes, it wins again.

There is a beginning to the circle. It is either where you start to draw it, or an arbitary chosen point if you're being clever and using one made by the computer.

The egg came first. Something almost genetically identical to a chicken laid an egg, and out of that popped the first chicken.

Job done.

The egg came first. Something almost genetically identical to a chicken laid an egg, and out of that popped the first chicken.

Job done.

You just said what I was going to write.

Because changes happen in the ova/sperm of the parent, which then create the egg from which a genetically different organism emerges.

Neither.

Atoms came first. :3

If we want to get more technical, strings are assumed to come way before atoms...

And perhaps at the very beginning... well... a hot little singularity encompassing all of the space and physical features of the Universe in an infinitely dense space...

Isn't Science wonderful? tongue.gif

-K-

I'm speaking in the sense of a metophorical circle, not a drawn circle. You don't draw a chicken, and you don't draw an egg.

And anyway, in Harry Potter, they were discussing phoenixes, which do sort of live their lives in a circle, being born, aging and dying and then doing it all over again.

O

Do you see a beginning in this circle? But anyway, this thread is about chickens, not continuous shapes.

Scientifically speaking, the egg, obviously, because I believe in evolution and something must have laid an egg which the chicken would have hatched out of.

Do you see a beginning in this circle?

Yes. The phoenix had to have come into existence at some point as either a phoenix or egg. But being that's in the world of Harry Potter there is nothing stopping the phoenix coming into existence without having been hatched - a coming-together of fire magics, or a chicken that got caught up in a spell gone bad.

Even a metaphorical circle has a beginning, even if it is only arbitrarily chosen.

Edited by Kestra15

If we want to get more technical, strings are assumed to come way before atoms...

And perhaps at the very beginning... well... a hot little singularity encompassing all of the space and physical features of the Universe in an infinitely dense space...

Isn't Science wonderful? tongue.gif

-K-

Haha, yeah. xd.png I forgot about the singularity.

I'm speaking in the sense of a metophorical circle, not a drawn circle. You don't draw a chicken, and you don't draw an egg.

I draw chickens and eggs. And like it. >_<

All that aside, I say egg. Since I don't wanna get stuck in any sort of 'science vs. religion' thing that may come up eventually, I'm going to explain it with...DC. You pick up a chicken egg off the cave. No mother, right? Here, they don't even LAY eggs. Case closed. xd.png

I CHOOSE CHICKENS, maybe because of the fact that there wasn't any chicken eggs in the ocean millions of years ago

I CHOOSE CHICKENS, maybe because of the fact that there wasn't any chicken eggs in the ocean millions of years ago

But there was land on which to lay them.

Who said chickens have been around millions of years?

I've said this before, and I'll say it again... it was OBVIOUSLY the crazy scientist who came first.

He took part of his DNA, cloned it, and made a chicken.

I always thought it was pretty easy to figure that one out, no?

Egg.

That's all I have to say on this, otherwise it could get nasty. And no one wants that.

Beat me to it.

Well, birds came from dinosaurs, correct? So exactly what would you call a chicken? o.o

The chicken needs to come from an egg, and a chicken needs to lay an egg.

Also, the chicken will need to sit on the eggs so it will hatch.

So without the chicken, the eggs would die.

And there would be no eggs in the first place.

And how'd the chicken get here if there was no chicken to lay the eggs?

Let's just say this: Space Chickens tongue.gif

agreeded!

Egg: i am cold!

Wind: hahah

Egg:no!!!!!

Egg: dies

Egg:ahhh warm

Chicken: It is obvious i came first but is people want to believe eggs came first fine! (walks away)

egg: not again

happy.gif

Actually the red jungle foul came first. Domestic chickens only been around for several thousand years.

Chicken. Because whoever named it named it after the animal rather than the egg.

egg becuse other kinds of beasts( dinos fish dragons etc) were laying eggs long before there were chickens

egg becuse other kinds of beasts( dinos fish dragons etc) were laying eggs long before there were chickens

Yes, but I think the question is referring to chicken eggs, if not, the answer would be obvious

WIN

Though I believe in HP it was "Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?"

egg.

think of genetic mutations. scientists are trying to "recreate" dinosaurs by altering the genes in chicken eggs. i saw on a TV show that they were being rather successful, but terminated the developing egg before it hatched to prevent religious complaints.

lets say that a genetic mutation accidentally occurs in the division of cells within a developing dinosaur egg. the embryo forms feathers instead of scales, because that gene/trait was accidentally "turned on". when that "missing link" mates, more of its genes and mutations are passed down. its offspring now have feathers, and that missing link multiplies.

then lets say a pair of those "missing links" breed. their offspring will have feathers, but another accidental mutation occurs. the tail is shrunken. then the species goes through the whole process for multiplying and what not, yadda yadda.

as these mutations breed, spread, multiply, mutate, and evolve, we will eventually have a very bird-like reptile. it lays an egg. the egg, unfortunately, has another mutation. a chicken hatches from an egg laid by a bird-like dinosaur.

therefore, via accidental mutations and millions of years of evolution, a chicken is born from an egg (that wasn't laid by a chicken). and, of course, they breed, multiply, spread, etc.

I support this and have seen a news report saying scientists found out that the egg came first, so egg tongue.gif

The Egg.

Without the Egg shell, the "chicken" inside it cannot develop.

I'm just going to say egg before my brain implodes. If it didn't hatch from a chicken egg, then how can it be a chicken?

It came from the future! When scientist invented a time portal, they wondered what would happen if they sent a living thing into the past. So they grabbed a random passing chicken and shoved it through the portal into the past and chickens have been around ever since. tongue.gif

Edited by Vampyrielle