Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

I traded for a 2nd gen shimmer, the only one I managed to trade for. It did not cost me multiple metals or tons of rares. It cost me a 3rd even gen holly because they liked the lineage. And they approached me, I didn't approach anyone since it isn't my style.

It is very true, just being in the right spot at the right time and a good amount of luck.

*coughs* I did say "YMMV"! Obviously there are exceptions. rolleyes.giftongue.gif My statement was based on pure trading power only.

(And ok, not a Holly, but I traded a 2nd gen Shimmer for a 3rd gen Marrow with a really special lineage at Halloween - I'm also human and not immune to Pretty. tongue.gif)

*coughs* I did say "YMMV"! Obviously there are exceptions. rolleyes.giftongue.gif My statement was based on pure trading power only.

(And ok, not a Holly, but I traded a 2nd gen Shimmer for a 3rd gen Marrow with a really special lineage at Halloween - I'm also human and not immune to Pretty. tongue.gif)

I don't know what YMMV means though. ._.

What can I get for a CB Green Opal hatchling, ungendered?

Not very much I fear, since green opals have become quite common lately. Maybe a 2nd gen copper or a 5th gen shimmer?

And what did you trade to the CB owner? O.o That was an amazing deal if it wasn't as rare as a CB metal. xd.png

As for the dino part, I believe people generally don't want green. Purple/Blue would be seen in the most "wants", imo. Followed up by red then yellow. They're never too drastically more above value over the other though.

I gave the CB owner what he/she wanted/needed (^_~)

(And congratulations, by the way.)

Dino part: Thanks! And in comparison with Paper & Cheese, have Dinos more or less value? Or the same?

@xeyla

They have become very common, I caught my last two CBs in the AP.

I gave the CB owner what he/she wanted/needed (^_~)

(And congratulations, by the way.)

Dino part: Thanks! And in comparison with Paper & Cheese, have Dinos more or less value? Or the same?

@xeyla

I used the poll on the 2nd page site discussion to determine dino by color worth. I believe its paper > dino > cheese but thats mainly because you only need 1 cheese for a complete set.

Are there no more 3rd gen gold shimmers? I think I read that sonewhere...

Oh and @VampiricOmen you're more than welcome smile.gif

I am going to assume it really means: "Depends on person"/something like that... Guys I'm not good with these sorts of phrases/metaphors/hyperboles/similies/whatever they're called, lol. In my culture our metaphors/similies are quite different from ones I've heard (mostly American).

As for the unbreeds thing I agree with Sarah. Paper <-- Dino <--- Cheese.

I always thought it was Dino <--- Cheese <--- Paper, but I've really changed my mind after using each one as trade fodder. Cheese goes away slowly. ._.

@xeyla

Thank you!

I am going to assume it really means: "Depends on person"/something like that... Guys I'm not good with these sorts of phrases/metaphors/hyperboles/similies/whatever they're called, lol. In my culture our metaphors/similies are quite different from ones I've heard (mostly American).

As for the unbreeds thing I agree with Sarah. Paper <-- Dino <--- Cheese.

I always thought it was Dino <--- Cheese <--- Paper, but I've really changed my mind after using each one as trade fodder. Cheese goes away slowly. ._.

Don't worry, you're spot on! It basically means that your results may differ from someone else's. smile.gif

Are there no more 3rd gen gold shimmers? I think I read that sonewhere...

Meh I found the answer shortly after I posted this tongue.gif There's nothing erroneously wrong with trading a cb silver for an egg like this http://dragcave.net/lineage/0eZW3 right? Juuuuuust checking because I really like the lineage but I don't collect shimmers/tinsels so.... :/

Do you think a cb brown copper would be worth 2 2nd gen silvers?

@Sarah

Personally I won't trade a cb silver for a 4th even gen shimmer, but if someone wants, why shouldn't them?

@Sarah

Personally I won't trade a cb silver for a 4th even gen shimmer, but if someone wants, why shouldn't them?

3rd gens are hard to find by themselves. Plus it's sooo pretty rolleyes.gif When I catch another cb metal I'll look for 3rd gens, preferably after the whole raffle rush but thanks for the advice!

Edit: @Iside I'd say no. I think 3 would be fair

Edited by Sarah864

How many CB blusang hatchlings would a CB green copper egg be worth?

I was wondering what something like this would be worth? i'm not asking the moon for it or anything but i haven't gotten a single offer and it is a 3rd gen gold unsure.gif

I was wondering what something like this would be worth? i'm not asking the moon for it or anything but i haven't gotten a single offer and it is a 3rd gen gold unsure.gif

3G metals have dropped drastically in value, even gens are usually worth more than stairs, and for whatever reason people place even less value on them if they are bred with holidays. (hoping that changes with the new limits allowed now)

What you are asking is fair, but you are also asking for some pretty specific things. The chances of what you offer matching up with the wants of someone who can breed those is pretty slim and might take a little while to spark some interest.

3G metals have dropped drastically in value, even gens are usually worth more than stairs, and for whatever reason people place even less value on them if they are bred with holidays. (hoping that changes with the new limits allowed now)

What you are asking is fair, but you are also asking for some pretty specific things. The chances of what you offer matching up with the wants of someone who can breed those is pretty slim and might take a little while to spark some interest.

Thanks! i didn't think i was being too demanding but no one's bitten. i'm hoping i'll have better luck with it as a hatchie

What you're asking is reasonable, but very specific and not at all that common, which makes it harder to get a trade. I am actually interested in the egg, but I don't have anything of what you ask, unfortunately. I'm sure there are many in my same situation.

@Sarah & Saynna:

paper > dino > cheese, huh? I thought the same as Saynna....anyway, thanks to you both!

Would a cb blusang hatchling and a cb thunder hatchling be a fair trade for a cb copper?

Also, how much are cb stripes going for?

I have a 2nd PB Red Copper, would this get me one of following: cb blusang, dino, paper, chicken? Always a little unsure and want to check before putting up for a trade

@Amaryllis_Flair - when I asked on cb stripes, they don't seem worth much at all nowadays unless someone happens to be seeking them. Unsure on your other question

@Husker - 5th gen makes it less sought after though being a shimmer makes it better and haven't seen that line about that much at all

@Amaryllis_Flair No because currently coppers can go for golds/silvers and blusangs have gone down. Cb stripes are pretty much free, just look in the AP. They're worth a common, for a fast trade offer a common/uncommon HATCHLING.

@Husker You can do a swap but since it's past 4th gen and a common line you won't get much in terms of cb rares.

@lilacamy931 You may get a cb blusang. Definitely not one of the others though.

My turn! I'm on the list for a 2nd gen silver shimmer *excited* biggrin.gif but I have to choose a mate and I mainly want it to trade offsprings. If I chose a grave as a mate would the value of offsprings decrease or increase? I could go with Nhio and do a pair with http://dragcave.net/lineage/ECijQ as a safer bet....

Edited by Sarah864