Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Hmmm , so if I caught a cb green copper and offered that along with a cb blusand and unbreedable would I be able to get a cb ND or would it be better to trade those for a cb gold and then look for a cb ND?

Uhh, it's better if you find someone that makes NDs and do an IOU of a CB Gold. Then when you get your CB Gold send it to them and they'll make the ND. People will always have CB Metals to trade, but not a CB Neglected so when you do get that gold it can be a waste of time and you'll probably have to keep swapping until someone bites.

@evolette's question about the black alting: Yes.

What's the relative value of a 2nd gen copper? Of any color?

If you are looking for it and are not picky about the mate (or you want a pb one), you may be able to get it simply for free.

If you are willing to trade it, it really depends on the mate. 2nd gen coppers from golds/silvers or holidays are quite in demand and sometimes offered a cb uncommon in return.

PB ones usually go for blood / color swaps

Not sure if such a question should go here or not... But how are line rarities determined?

I've seen a lot of trades that go all, "Have: [Tinsel/Shimmer here] - RARE LINE!" How does the owner know that? Does it depend on how many similar crosses there are out there on DC no matter the generation, or are only 2nd gen combinations taken into account, or is "rare" limited only to the progeny of a particular CB Prize (as in, CB Prize A has four xSpitfire offsprings and only one xWinter offspring, making the xWinter line rare)?

Sometimes when people post "rare" lines, it really comes across as simply an attempt to get more shiny offers on the trade and nothing else. Is it another uber-subjective point in trading, a marketing strategy or whatever one may call it, or is it something that is indeed commonly accepted and followed by many?

Honestly, I would rather trade for a line that I find beautiful rather than for one that looks like poo just because it's unique. xd.png Some people have expressed surprise at this tendency of mine before, so I'd like to know whether my views are considered "normal" among acitve traders and to learn more about the current situation with line values out there.

Thanks in advance!

I feel basically the same about rare lines. It's almost as if it's rare because it was such a horrifically ugly combination that no one in the two years the dragon has existed has thought to breed it together. I've always assumed it was someone that received a 2nd gen and never traded, or purposefully trades higher gens and reserves lower gens for "rare" trading fodder. Because how rare can something be once it's out there being bred over and over again, control is the only way to guarantee rarity (or no one liking how the dragon pairing looks).

I honestly wish we had a way to upvote or downvote to give fellow traders indications of how other traders perceive the trade. When someone says "Rare Line!!!" I feel the same as when someone says "2nd/3rd Gen" and it's a deadline when I click on it.

I can't say that I've ever offered on a "rare" line, and when someone offers me through PM a "rare" line, I've generally found them offering 4-5gens for my 2-3gens, which makes it even less impressive.

I think people consider lines "rare" when there is either 1. only a few other 2Gs like it out there (or none!) and/or 2. the line doesn't produce shimmers much. For example, I, along with people who I see trading higher gens from the lines, consider these two idiots to be rare lines, as from what I've seen, there aren't any other 2Gs like them, and they rarely give shinies.

I've always thought of rare lines as in how many shimmers come from that line. :s I saw someone saying rare line when it was a bronze x gold wyvern from Lucky First Raffle.

I'd imagine rarity is highly subjective overall, and lately has little to do with the actual amount of progeny from the specific parents.

I tend to shy away from the trades with "rare line" or "super rare line" in them. They make me feel like I'm at a used car lot being pressured into buying something that may look shiny on the outside, but is more or less rubbish. I'm certainly not saying that the line is rubbish, but it's no more "rare" than the other lines being traded around it for the most part.

user posted image

I prefer quality over quantity when it comes to trading, and would not "pay extra" for what some are calling "rare" or "super rare". happy.gif

Not sure if such a question should go here or not... But how are line rarities determined?

I've seen a lot of trades that go all, "Have: [Tinsel/Shimmer here] - RARE LINE!" How does the owner know that? Does it depend on how many similar crosses there are out there on DC no matter the generation, or are only 2nd gen combinations taken into account, or is "rare" limited only to the progeny of a particular CB Prize (as in, CB Prize A has four xSpitfire offsprings and only one xWinter offspring, making the xWinter line rare)?

Sometimes when people post "rare" lines, it really comes across as simply an attempt to get more shiny offers on the trade and nothing else. Is it another uber-subjective point in trading, a marketing strategy or whatever one may call it, or is it something that is indeed commonly accepted and followed by many?

Honestly, I would rather trade for a line that I find beautiful rather than for one that looks like poo just because it's unique. xd.png Some people have expressed surprise at this tendency of mine before, so I'd like to know whether my views are considered "normal" among acitve traders and to learn more about the current situation with line values out there.

Thanks in advance!

Haha, that sounds just like some of my trades! I always found rarity to be quite relative. But to me, in order to determine rarity, I look at the progeny of the 2G Shimmer and trace the approximate number of offsprings that they have.

Another way is checking the trades frequently to see if other people are trading the same lines as well. In claiming rarity, I don't take into account if there is a similar line from a different CB Shimmer although I know for some traders, it throws them off.

I try my best to be fair (as much as possible) on my assessments since the the rarity claim is technically being associated with your name. And yes, it's definitely a marketing strategy (for me at least) since there is a correlation between rarity claims and an increase in the number of offers that I get. But I tend to think of it as a win-win situation since the person who traded for a rarer line can get more out of the offsprings in trades from what I've seen so far.

As for beautiful lines, I do understand this somewhat? But I'm definitely more interested in getting back my money's worth in trades so even if it's a beautiful line if it's overly common for my taste, I do tend to lower my offers. I think your attitude is not as unusual as you think, I have encountered my fair shares of traders that prefer looks over rarity and vice versa and I think it's almost a 50-50 split in terms of attitude.

Hope this helps somewhat smile.gif

Really? I caught one and traded it for an IOU of fifteen black hatchlings and an alt. black hatchling.

WHAT? I traded a Red Copper for an IOU of 35 Red hatchies. o.o

And thanks, Saynna! smile.gif

I traded a cb red copper for 3 hatchlings. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN! tongue.gif

Oh and @Saynna I'm thinking of making an IOU for a cb neglected, where I give first (of course the person has to have a gold trophy or multiple neglecteds on their scroll).

Edit: Blah! How long do you guys usually wait for trade offers? Got 2 cb green coppers and a cb blusang but no PMs. Not even for a cb gold. sad.gif

Edited by Sarah864

Edit: Blah! How long do you guys usually wait for trade offers? Got 2 cb green coppers and a cb blusang but no PMs. Not even for a cb gold. sad.gif

I don't think you'll get a bite. Coppers are becoming significantly more common, and I don't think CB Blusangs classify as "rare" anymore.

What is dorkface alt vine worth?

Not saying im selling it, maybe i will, maybe not.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/O5kuF

Most likely nothing. It's an incredibly messy line. There's a small chance you'd be able to get something for it from someone who wants it for freezing, but I don't think you'd get much for it. I haven't seen people wanting alt vines lately.

Edited by Erica8798

On CB Golds, I've noticed that CB Green Coppers are considered rarer than the other color variants and I've seen 1-2 members get a CB Silver for one. For a CB Green Copper, a CB Blusang, and an Unbreedable, I suppose it depends on whether or not a person is looking for those. You may wanna try catching two CB (Green) Coppers--that could get you a CB Gold. smile.gif

I don't think you'll get a bite. Coppers are becoming significantly more common, and I don't think CB Blusangs classify as "rare" anymore.

...wait...what?

Can anyone clear this up? :s

Edited by Sarah864

...wait...what?

Can anyone clear this up?  :s

Note that they said you could get a CB Gold for it. Not that you will.

Basically, I haven't seen anyone asking for CB Coppers for their CB Gold. People seem to value CB Golds way higher than CB Silvers (although I'm not sure why. I personally see them as equals), and I've seen people trade 1-2 CB Coppers for CB Silvers. Therefore, I think it'd take more than two CB Coppers to get a CB Gold, just going by current values.

...wait...what?

Can anyone clear this up? :s

In short CB Coppers are depreciating. Two CB Green Coppers could get you a CB Gold last month, but not anymore, due to their increasing appearances in the biomes. I see someone trading two CB Green Coppers for a CB Silver though. And as for CB Blusangs, same applies. They're getting more and more common.

Hope that helps tongue.gif

People seem to value CB Golds way higher than CB Silvers (although I'm not sure why. I personally see them as equals), and I've seen people trade 1-2 CB Coppers for CB Silvers.

This. I wonder the exact same thing every time I see members trading 1 CB Gold and asking for 2 CB Silvers. .-.

EDIT. I'd just like to quote something from the wiki (was posted on the news thread during the release of Coppers):

I"m just going to go on record now and say these are not classed as rares. They were never intended to be rare, despite what some think they remember seeing. They were intended to be fairly common (not cave blocker common) and I checked with TJ to make sure I was allowed to say that THEY ARE NOT RARE! Cuz they're not. A bit uncommon, maybe.

I can't control how hard they become to catch due to popularity, but they are not gold/silver rare.

Coppers were never really rare in the first place, it seems.

Edited by Evolette

This. I wonder the exact same thing every time I see members trading 1 CB Gold and asking for 2 CB Silvers. .-.

EDIT. I'd just like to quote something from the wiki (was posted on the news thread during the release of Coppers):

I"m just going to go on record now and say these are not classed as rares. They were never intended to be rare, despite what some think they remember seeing. They were intended to be fairly common (not cave blocker common) and I checked with TJ to make sure I was allowed to say that THEY ARE NOT RARE! Cuz they're not. A bit uncommon, maybe.

I can't control how hard they become to catch due to popularity, but they are not gold/silver rare.

Coppers were never really rare in the first place, it seems.

It's psychological, Golds are shinier and people are using it to their advantage.

Ah phooey. That'll teach me not to check biomes for 2 weeks dry.gif . Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by Sarah864

I catch metals from time to time and I'm seeing more silvers than golds. Then again, is cb gold worth 2 cb silvers? Probably no, but also I wouldn't say they're equal. unsure.gif

I traded 2 red coppers for a scroll full of crimson hatchies each. Coppers are still good for trading, but the richer people already have what they need. so I don't foresee many copper for older metal swaps anymore, unless you want bred ones.

AS for silvers and golds (and to an extent, coppers too):

There are many factors at work here.

• The percieved additional rarity due to real life rarity of the metals.
  • The insistence of some traders on these difference
  • The various fluctuations over the year in ratios, which are hard to quantify unless you hunt more or less daily
  • The a lot easier description of golds to remember makes it a lot more likely that a random player not hunting solely for rares grabs golds out of the cave, which makes them gone even faster.

When I had loads of time in march/april, I made some statistics, of what I saw and what I grabbed. I did not post these before as I was a little afraid of what might happen to my inbox, but here it goes.

from april 1-april 30, I grabbed 20 cb golds and 33 cb silvers. I was in the cave for over 200 hourliess in that month and many more 5 minute drops. Guess how many dragons I had seen? 95 golds and 82 silvers.

March, I did not take count as accurately, but it was more golds than silvers, again. Sometime in fall, it seemed to switch around. But I could not continue hunting like that, I have a normal life too, so statistics stop in June. smile.gif

PS: in case anyone is wondering how to do that - try with only 30ms ping to dc. it really gets very easy.

Recently I have not been able to get trades, but I have expected it because what I am asking for are Purebreed swaps of Whites unrelated to my stock (which should have been 9g two weeks ago, but the couple hasn't given me an egg in 2 tries which is SURPRISING to me). Otherwise, I believe everything else I have traded haven't been up for more than 3 days. Except this cheese egg I caught which -no one- was interested, but a Paper I got from you (It was a trade before anyone jumps on me rolleyes.gif ) got me a trade of 8x 2g PB White hatchlings IOUs. I was kinda surprised because I always thought people liked Cheese more and I noticed Papers trade very well. Lol

So yeah, things like bloodswaps hardly ever go through (for me it's just whites, because well, who else is gonna have a 7g PB White? xd.png Metals I haven't had trouble doings swaps) and trade before they grow up. smile.gif

I'm surprised you haven't had an offer on you 2 cb green coppers and cb blusang. xd.png I'd imagine you'd get something for it by now. What did you put in you wants/how did you word it?

CB golds appear from personal experience to be dropping more than CB silvers.

How much CB Coppers can I get from trading one CB Gold? And how about how much CB Copepsr can I get from trading one CB Silver?

Thanks

How much CB Coppers can I get from trading one CB Gold? And how about how much CB Copepsr can I get from trading one CB Silver?

Thanks

I can't answer this because I'm currently trading cb coppers for a cb gold so it would be unfair. sad.gif I can say that it depends on the color and the last page has some info on copper rarity that you should read. I'm sure others will offer more advice as well.

Edited by Sarah864

Do you think it's fair to ask a 2nd gen silver x holiday for a 4th gen shimmer x holiday?