grimace

Incubate

Simple solution to hatchie incubate: Have reds be able to do it. Simple, and it would just be a little tweak to already existing code.

Why? Animals grow faster if they are kept in warmer conditions. Speeds up metabolism and whatnot. Makes sense.

I mean it might be a little bit of a stretch, but we are talking about a website where you can breed a deepsea and a magma together, have them instantly lay an egg after breeding, and have the egg turn into an adult in under a week, or you can use magic and keep it a baby forever. Things need to make sense, but they don't have to be something that would hold up in from of a bunch of top level scientists, y'know?

If one dragon has two BSAs, would you be able to use both as you would if two different dragon sprites were involved?

Because otherwise it would be far too much of a pain gaining Red armies, since many of us already run short of egg Incubates and have a hard time getting enough Reds and/or making room for more of a sprite we may not have otherwise collected many of at all.

Whoops, got called away for too long and forgot my other points, lol.

It's not a second BSA, it's just applying the first BSA to hatchlings as well as eggs.

This.

Its just the same incubate. It would just work on eggs AND hatchlings.

That's actually what I meant - we'd all need twice as many Reds then.

Personally, if given a choice, I'd rather have two separate dragons with the separate hatchie and egg BSAs, but that's probably just me.

That's actually what I meant - we'd all need twice as many Reds then.

Personally, if given a choice, I'd rather have two separate dragons with the separate hatchie and egg BSAs, but that's probably just me.

A Red sitting on a hatchling=bad mental image. blink.gif

But yes, it could work. Especially because every attempt to find other actions (feed, train...) is mercilessly shot down.

Would TJ allow a dragon to be incubated twice? I could have sworn I saw somewhere he was against it. :c

If thats true though, having reds be able to incubate both shouldn't mess with ratios at all.

I support this idea. It makes perfect sense to me and I'd personally use it a lot wink.gif

What if the Ember's were given this BSA? It's a fire based dragon.

Would TJ allow a dragon to be incubated twice? I could have sworn I saw somewhere he was against it. :c

If thats true though, having reds be able to incubate both shouldn't mess with ratios at all.

Pretty sure it's a no go for the incubated twice thing.

But I mean hatchie incubate's amazing for when you're trying to strategically unlock yourself. smile.gif

What if the Ember's were given this BSA? It's a fire based dragon.

That got shot down a while back. If I remember correctly, whoever made the embers said they just liked hot places, and were not actually hot themselves.

But yes, it could work. Especially because every attempt to find other actions (feed, train...) is mercilessly shot down.

Wait, what? When exactly was BBW Nurture shot down? Or the feeding ones, especially when we'd established in the old thread that exceptionally good nutrition speeds maturity?

Wait, what?  When exactly was BBW Nurture shot down?  Or the feeding ones, especially when we'd established in the old thread that exceptionally good nutrition speeds maturity?

What she said.

As a biologist, I have a lot of trouble seeing warming a hatchling having that drastic an effect. Yes, temperature does give a metabolic increase- but this increase is slight. We don't see children in the tropics maturing drastically faster than kids up in northern Canada.

Personally, I still think something like Train or Nurture makes a lot more sense.

Not just you. I feel the same way. I'd prefer to have the BBW's do the nurturing thing. The number of reds you'd have to have for this idea especially with the two-week cooldown...yikes o.O

Edited by ayobelle

Personally,I prefer BBWs for nurture. But also, using the reds, regardless of whether or not it makes sense, means you would have to have a lot of them. With a 2 week cooldown and trying to speed up both hatching and maturing, it doubles the minimum number needed.

It seems quite hard to choose if this a good idea.

Personally, I have to say no, since there are two logical faults here:

1) Biologically: as someone above stated, heat does not significantly increase growth. Good nutrition would probably be a more "scientifically sound" way to speed growth.

2) Cave-Wise: if red gained this, their demand would rise even more, since now you could not only warm eggs, but make hatchies grow up faster once in two weeks. Therefore, you would need a LOT of reds to warm your eggs/hatchies.

It would be better giving a hatchie-timer reducer to a dragon that has no BSA in my opinion.

I agree with most here. I really would like to see this handed to another dragon rather than heap this on one dragon. There are so many breeds out there and so few useful BSAs it seems somewhat wasteful to keep it all with one dragon breed.

Edited by Nectaris

It could sit next to it.

I wouldn't mind Reds having this if other dragons were to ALSO have Incubate...

Nothing fancy, just has to be ones with fiery powers. Spitfires, Hellfires, Hellhorses (well maybe not them), maybe even Magmas (but only if some other commons get the BSA, too). And yes I would count Embers in as well. I realize they aren't hot themselves, but they do frequent hot places. They can put the egg in a nest of coals or something.

I can agree about the Embers. I don't think Red dragons sit on the eggs anyway. I'm sure they just wrap their tail around the egg, or snuggle up to the egg. I can see the Embers doing that, or taking the eggs into their own nests.

I'd like this. Only if it could be once, though. As in, if it was used on an egg it couldn't be used on a hatchie. Double use would be a little OP, as it's slicing two whole days off growth.

I can agree about the Embers. I don't think Red dragons sit on the eggs anyway. I'm sure they just wrap their tail around the egg, or snuggle up to the egg. I can see the Embers doing that, or taking the eggs into their own nests.

I always thought they used their fire, since they're one of the few dragons that explicitly states that they breathe fire.

Simple solution to hatchie incubate: Have reds be able to do it. Simple, and it would just be a little tweak to already existing code.

Why? Animals grow faster if they are kept in warmer conditions. Speeds up metabolism and whatnot. Makes sense.

I mean it might be a little bit of a stretch, but we are talking about a website where you can breed a deepsea and a magma together, have them instantly lay an egg after breeding, and have the egg turn into an adult in under a week, or you can use magic and keep it a baby forever. Things need to make sense, but they don't have to be something that would hold up in from of a bunch of top level scientists, y'know?

It doesnt need to make pure exact sintific proven sense since I mean like OP mentioned, we're talking about 1] Mythological lizards with wings with telepathic abilities and strange breed actions, 2]Mideval magic times that do not and have not exsted, 3] this is a game, it doesnt have to be so terribly accurate. So anyone else saying "This makes no sense froma biological standpoint" or "Well in real life this really doesnt make a difference" please remember that this is a suggestion for a pixelated creature that does not exist in a time frame that has long been passed in situtations that are no where near real life.

That being said, ya'll could just breed the red you have and selevctively incubate the eggs/hatchies you have. There is nothing saying they have to be CB though CB is nice and adds more value for trades but if they are for personal use then just breed them to whatever and use them that way? Also other fire breathing dragons could have this ability as well to expand the pool of incubation able dragons to more than just one breed. All in all I see nothing wrong in revamping this ability to be used on both Hatchlings and eggs.

Also I never saw red sitting on eggs either. I sort of just figured they would do the kindness of either breathing fire into the nest or finding a way to warm the area around the egg through their own heightened body heat to further warm the egg.