grimace

Incubate

I think the family-oriented Coppers would be better suited for a hatchling Nurture or Incubate BSA.

It also takes a good deal more time and effort to raise a baby than an egg, so I think an action like this should have a minimum of a two week cooldown.

However, with a longer cooldown I also think you should be able to Incubate and Nurture the same dragon.

I don't this this addition to the BSA makes sense. Good hatchling skills don't necessarily come with good parenting skills. I think it would overpower the Reds (in addition to making them harder to get) if such an addition were to be added, especially when we already have dragon breeds with established parenting skills.

No from me.

I was actually thinking of a page for Incubates like there is a page for Active Teleports would be a good addition. Save me from having to scour my Red Army for the one dragon who still has an incubate left.

I was actually thinking of a page for Incubates like there is a page for Active Teleports would be a good addition. Save me from having to scour my Red Army for the one dragon who still has an incubate left.

There's a Filter By option on /dragons that lets you see which dragons are ready for BSA. smile.gif Right under the trophies, select "Filter By" and choose "Available for BSA", and only dragons who aren't on BSA cooldown will show up.

I'd rather see this BSA on another dragon, personally. But if this is what it takes to get it implemented, so be it. I WANT this BSA badly.

Why? Animals grow faster if they are kept in warmer conditions. Speeds up metabolism and whatnot. Makes sense.

I know another biologist commented on this somewhere down the track, and I am one too, and I can tell you it really doesn't work like that. I'm not sure how much of a physiological background the other person has so I speak for myself when I point out that elevated temperatures for prolonged periods of time is actually deadly for animals and humans if they haven't been born into it with specific mechanisms to cope.

The only time slight warming helps is to fight off certain types of pathogens (even then it's tricky, other types of pathogens use this process against us and can kill us off even faster with it). Prolonged living in heated conditions eventually leads to heart failure and death, not even mentioning all the other problems that start up before that. Heat aside, increased metabolism also puts a huge stress on the body and actually slows down an animal's growth; the opposite of what you suggest. I've conducted some research on how this affects crab heart beats and I'll be glad to link it if you think I'm pulling your leg here- but the main issue with increased heat and metabolism is that while the heart beats faster, it beats less efficiently, essentially leading to that heart failure mentioned above.

TL;DR: Sorry, it just doesn't work that way tongue.gif I agree with a few others in saying I'd like to see the feature on another dragon; I think it gives the chance for a more realistic implementation as well as not throwing the Red's desired-ratio out of whack as others have pointed out.

It doesnt need to make pure exact sintific proven sense since I mean like OP mentioned, we're talking about 1] Mythological lizards with wings with telepathic abilities and strange breed actions, 2]Mideval magic times that do not and have not exsted, 3] this is a game, it doesnt have to be so terribly accurate. So anyone else saying "This makes no sense froma biological standpoint" or "Well in real life this really doesnt make a difference" please remember that this is a suggestion for a pixelated creature that does not exist in a time frame that has long been passed in situtations that are no where near real life.

Even fantasy stories need roots into real life- not only is that where most inspiration is drawn from, but helps ground the world or provide a foundation for said world to be more believable. For example: The Xenomorph Alien's little tongue-mouth creature thing is actually based on a parasite that affects freshwater trout (and I think a few other fish) where the parasite fuses into the fish's tongue and essentially looks just like that Alien's tongue... doesn't that give you chills to know that that weird alien's tounge thing is actually real?? That's why an element of realism is so important in stories and characters smile.gif

Edited by bluesonic1