toxicneon

A Song of Ice & Fire series

I think the best part was then GRRM jumped out of under my table and flipped it. Most unexpected plot twist EVER.

lolwut?

user posted image

NOOO! MAH COMPYOOTAR! D:

Edited by LwyllasLaVey

I have a huge soft spot for Jon Snow and I don't even know why. I can't pick a favorite character though. I love how I can get mad at the characters for doing something I don't like though - I don't normally get that attached.

I think Tyrion is hilarious, I love the Sand Snakes, Asha Greyjoy is effing bamf, Tommen is adorable and I think Ser Pounce is the best name for a kitten ever. Renly and Ser Loras break my heart, I feel bad for Margery, I hated Theon but now feel so bad for him. Cersei fascinates me. Brianne is amazing and I love her and Jamie together.

I <3 A Song of Fire and Ice!! Sigh~I wonder how long we'll have to wait till the next book comes out. I keep reading the books so far ... my favorite characters are Jon Snow, Tyrion, Margaery and Daenerys.

awesome series. his books just keep getting better as they go along. i heard the tv series is also very well done.i am in the process of rereading his series

awesome series. his books just keep getting better as they go along. i heard the tv series is also very well done.i am in the process of rereading his series

Have you seen the tv series? I watched the first two seasons.

A Song of Ice and Fire easily became one of my favorite book series.

It's true that it's a bit of a pain at first until you get used to the sheer amount of characters, but once you get the hang of it, the journey is wonderful. The amount of work put into every character, their origins and history, beliefs and religion makes for one of the most complex character lineups I've seen in fantasy books.

My favorite aspect of the books is the fact that almost all major characters are gray. There's no set good guy or bad guy, they all have layers, they all have reasons for being the way they are. This is probably the reason why I can't pick a favorite. Tyrion is always fun to read, started loving Jamie once we got more insight on him, Sansa's story is intriguing, I love anyone with the name Martell and the Greyjoys fascinate me.

If I had to pic a favorite, I'd have to say A Storm of Swords. I liked the "slower" ones of the series too, but this one kept me on edge the most. And the epilogue...omg.

The tv series is very good too. Admittedly, I liked season1 more than season 2, but they're both very good adaptations.

Edited by Isuzu

i love this series. i feel bad that they killed off so many starks. i liked them. i want to know what happened to aryn and jon

I love this series; I have a hard time choosing favorite books, but these books are definitely in my favorites. The Starks were my favorite characters, but that didn't work out too well. Daenerys Targaryen (spelling?) is probably my favorite character, though Tyrion Lannister is one of my favorites as well. I can't stand Cersei Lannister. She gets on my nerves, though I suppose that's what she's supposed to do. xd.png

Edited by Karigan Galadheon

Well, I just started with book one, I reached not even page 100 yet and I already fell in love with the series.

So, so sick and so great!

And wolves *__*

And there will be dragons, right?

Edited by Gluria

Well, I just started with book one, I reached not even page 100 yet and I already fell in love with the series.

So, so sick and so great!

And wolves *__*

And there will be dragons, right?

Oh yes there will be dragons. Through the series you get to watch them grow too.

Yay, dragons ♥

I'm readingt his book faster than I thought, even though I should be learning for my midterm exam next week.

It's just too great to stop reading. I am SO in love with Tyrion Lannister. biggrin.gif

Edited by Gluria

I just finished the first book just today and I don't really have the words to say how great it was.

It's been a while since a book dug its claws so depe into me I could barely stop reading to study for exams or go to the university.

I loved everything about it.

Ma favorite characters are at the moment Tyrion, Jon, Bran and Arya. And Ned :'(. I also like Bronn and, of all people, Sandor Clegane. I don't know how, there's is just his almost-like-kindness-attidue he has towards Sansa.

I feel a little sorry for Tyrion. In-universe he is one of the most unpopular characters and even his own sister and father hated him.

Here though, nobody has anything but love and cookies for him.

I've read the whole series. And, I even used some of the character names for my dragons. xd.png

I'm kind of sad Cercei hasn't died yet. I can't stand her.

I totally want more Arya-centered stories though! She's not in the books enough IMO.

I'm still reading the second book. I was a little bit surprised when Renly died. One moment he was talking and laughing, and then - dead blink.gif

Anyways, I love this book and hope to finish it in January so I can watch season two ov the TV show.

And I want to read book three before season three starts.

M favorite characters are still Tyrion, Bronn, Jon, Arya and Bran, I really begin to like Sandor Clegane, I pity Sansa so much I'm about to like her too and I'd love to see more from Gendry.

Edited by Gluria

I'm reading A Storm of Swords I at the moment, i got into them after watching the tv series as so many others have i guess biggrin.gif But they are really good, descriptive epics- i seem to veer towards preferring epic stories that i can get lost in the detail and stay with the characters to shorter books, which is bad because i'm reading them forever, but oh well tongue.gif Arya and Jon and Caitlyn and Tyrion... (wow thats a lot) are probably my favourite characters, although Sansa is beginning to grow on me for some reason.

Sometimes i dislike reading from new POVs all of a sudden but i get the need for it.

Sansa will grow on you an continue to grow on you.

I have read all five books at this point, even met George himself.

He has posted two chapters of "The Winds of Winter" on his website and that should be out in around two years.

Read the first three books and loved them. Then read Feast for Crows and Dance with Dragons and had to force myself through them. Took me 4 months to finish the last one (I can easily read a book in days), that should give you an idea of how interested I was. I'm amazed he can write 1000 pages and make so little happen.

I'm skeptic I'll read the next, to be honest.

I have read all five books at this point, even met George himself.

Is it true whenever someone asks when the next book will be out he kills a Stark?

Haha, no he jokes about it though.

When someone asks what is going to happen next he just shrugs and says, "well the Starks all die"

He himself is worried he isn't writing fast enough so he wants to get them done sooner now.

After about a year of my dad and my best friend both telling me I should read the books, I finally picked up A Game of Thrones on Monday.

I finished it late Wednesday afternoon, and I'm now nearly 300 pages into A Clash of Kings after finally sitting down and starting it last night. I am astonished by how much I love it so far, I'm not usually one for the real... high fantasy epics in any form, but these books are fantastic. I love the writing style, and the characters... ugh, I can't figure out where to begin on them or on who's my favorite xd.png Right now it's hovering between Jon and Arya, but I really like Sansa as well, and Bran, Hodor (he just kind of reminds me of one of my brothers so I got attached), kiiiinda go back and forth on how I feel about Tyrion.

I'm really excited to get to the rest of the series, though I am dreading a certain wedding... (I watched my friend go through the entire series, so I'm braced for the worst of it xd.png)

I'm reading these books now, actually. 3/4ths of the way through the third one.

I'm totally a Daenrys and Tyrion fan, but Tyrion has to be my overall favorite.

I, admittedly, have no real connection with any of the Starks xd.png Jon's okay, but the rest kind of bore me. That and I have no great love of wolf storylines, so the direwolf thing turned me off to them right from the start. But that's just a personal prejudice.

Is it true whenever someone asks when the next book will be out he kills a Stark?

Well, if he did, we would be out of them by now.

Read all books in English. My local library finally got them, so right now, I'm rereading them on my own language. I already went past A Storm of Swords in preparation for the third season and today I picked up A Feast for Crows.

I'm totally a Daenrys and Tyrion fan, but Tyrion has to be my overall favorite.

Same here. I have so much love for both of them, especially Tyrion.

My friends and I have taken to calling him 'The Kingslapper'.

Same here. I have so much love for both of them, especially Tyrion.

My friends and I have taken to calling him 'The Kingslapper'.

That's pretty much the best name for Tyrion ever. xd.png I'm going to be calling him that now, too.