Qwackie

Misheard Lyrics

That song Sexy censorkip.gif*.

"Damn you's a sexy censorkip.gif*."

....sounds like 'Sexy fish'.

Edited by kiffren

I don't speak Spanish but I have my own made up lyrics to La Bamba. If I start singing it now it sounds like lalalalala bamba a nessa see una poca la tokya.... there's more but I'll spare you.

-snip-

"Para bailar la bamba

Para bailar la bamba se necesita una poca de gracia"

I'm hispanic and even I thought it sounded like "lalalalala Bamba" for a while. As I got older and listened a bit closer, I could just fainly make out the "P" and the "b". Lol

=D

Whenever I sing that song, I sing the misheard lyrics xd.png

Edited by Yah I Just Love Dragons 666

"Para bailar la bamba

Para bailar la bamba se necesita una poca de gracia"

I'm hispanic and even I thought it sounded like "lalalalala Bamba" for a while. As I got older and listened a bit closer, I could just fainly make out the "P" and the "b". Lol

This. xd.png

When I was younger I could not for the life of me tell the lyrics apart so I heard 'lalalala Bamba.' xd.png (And I'm the one person in my family with insanely good hearing...>.>)

This. xd.png

When I was younger I could not for the life of me tell the lyrics apart so I heard 'lalalala Bamba.' xd.png (And I'm the one person in my family with insanely good hearing...>.>)

Lol, well, when you speak fast in spanish, most of the B's, P's and R's sound like L's.

I can't understand just about any of the words in songs these days. (I'm not old.) I just sing jibberish like the other dorky girls. The only thing I like about those songs is the tune.

They paved paradise and put in a ****ing lot.

I'm serious, I heard it say this for years, and could never understand why it wasn't beeped out.

Then my sister was singing it randomly, without the song playing as well, and I'm like "Oooooh. So thats what it says."

Defiantly a facepalm moment.

I used to think that the title lyrics in the song "Dude Looks Like a Lady" was "do the Macarena." And I still can't decide if this one line in Owl City's "To the Sky" is "on the hills of war and wonder" or "on the heels of war and wonder." And just about every Spanish song. I always try to listen hard and see if I can understand the lyrics but I usually only catch snippets of meaning...

There's always the "I paralyzed a cow" that everyone hears with this song. Supposed to be "I came alive somehow." xd.png

The movie 27 Dresses has the main characters mishear the song Bennie and the Jets. It's a hilarious scene.

My friend misheard one line from "Long as I'm Here With You" from the play Thoroughly Modern Millie that went "and baby you're front row" as "and baby I'm from Rome." *facepalm*

@Aquenee- Even with the lyrics in front of me, I heard "I paralyzed a cow" in that song... xd.png

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

There's always the "I paralyzed a cow" that everyone hears with this song. Supposed to be "I came alive somehow." xd.png

I can agrue against that. I heard it the way it was supposed to be.

Their is one Fall Out Boy song I mishear sometimes. Sugar We're Going Down. It's the line about the god complex I hear gun where it says god sometimes.

linkin park leave out all the rest.

dont be afraid ive taken my beating from censorkip.gif that i did

when it said ive taken my beating from stuff that happened something like that

nitty gritty dirt band- cadillac ranch

tearing down the highway like a pickled dinasaur

when its like a big old dinosaur

cotton eyed joe

where have you come from where did you go

where did you come from cuttin eyed toe

when its cotten eyed joe

Edited by futuregohangurl

I used to think that the title lyrics in the song "Dude Looks Like a Lady" was "do the Macarena."

I ruined this song for a co-worker by informing her that it's not "Move it Like a Lady" biggrin.gif

I ruined this song for a co-worker by informing her that it's not "Move it Like a Lady" biggrin.gif

ROFL. At least that's closer than "do the macarena." xd.png

one song i heard had a line "ill take the shot for you, ill be the shield for you" and for the longest time i was confused because i thought it said "ill take the shot for you, ill even shoot for you". xd.png

Edge of Seventeen, by Fleetwood Mac. I heard "Just like the one-winged dove" instead of "white-winged dove."

In Green Day's "Holiday", I always hear "scented pliers" instead of "setting fires".

And that's how I got my alternate username. u_u

cotton eyed joe

where have you come from where did you go

where did you come from cuttin eyed toe

when its cotten eyed joe

Seriously? I always thought it was "country-eyed joe." xd.png

In this one song in the movie Evita, I misheard the lyrics "don't cry for me Argentina" as "don't cry for me I'm Evita." It kinda works, actually...

I always thought it was, "I'd throw my head on a plane, for ya!" In grenade, and I never thought it made sense. Then I found out it was, "I'd throw my hand on a blade, for ya!" Now THAT makes sense xd.png

I always thought it was, "I'd throw my head on a plane, for ya!" In grenade, and I never thought it made sense. Then I found out it was, "I'd throw my hand on a blade, for ya!" Now THAT makes sense xd.png

What? It's not 'I'll throw my head on a plane for ya'? ohmy.gif I've been singing that wrong since forever. xd.png

My best one has to be 'I'm still, I'm still, Jenny from the block' being heard as 'Hamster, Hamster Jenny from the block' and of course, since I was 6 or something, I totally didn't care that that was the most random thing to put in a song xd.png

Ikr? I JUST found out yesterday when I googled the lyrics xd.png