TheAhiru17

What's your favorite genre of music?

I tend to listen to Celtic, Folk, New Age, and Soundtracks a lot, with some stuff from other genres mixed in.

I made the title of the thread a bit clearer.

Anyway, I like metal, rock, alt. rock, punk rock, electronic, etc.

Almost anything but country or rap. And I'm lenient on rap.

Add math rock and ska (Streetlight Manifesto, Reel Big Fish, etc.)

I've only recently discovered math rock, and only recently found some ska bands I really like.

I like Dark Wave best (Deine Lakaien, Helium Vola, Wolfsheim, etc.), Gothic Rock, Synthpop, Industrial, most Electronic types.

There are bits when I like Indie and soft rock as well. smile.gif

Edited by earthgirl

I don't know if any of the rest of you have come across it (highly unlikely, really) but I thought I'd throw 'skunk' out there. Skiffle/Punk as espoused by the great Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs. So you all get an idea...

They're a lot of fun. Especially as a festival band!

Lessee here.... as a rule, I despise country except for The Gambler and The Devil Went Down To Georgia. I also hate rap except for Digital Underground and Cypress Hill. I dig most classical, and probably 93% of oldies. Real oldies, mind you, not music thats old NOW just cause its 2010. You know, Beach Boys, the Monkees, Sam Cooke, Elvis, Bobby Darin, Chuck Berry, the good stuff. I like rock n roll, but NOT the modern emo crappy stuff they pass off these days. Nickleback and the like are NOT rock, they just suck. That being said... my true passion is metal. Death metal, speed metal, black metal... as heavy and as fast as possible. \m/ >_< \m/

I love alla kind of rock, country, and a lot of soundtrack especially western's soundtrack as ennio morricone's or dimitri tiomkin's song.

alternative rock... or brit-pop... or punk-rock... or DnB... or trance... or some rap...

but not pop!!!

I have a lot of music I like and not sure if you mind the long weird list though. ..... :/ WAh!!!!!! um um Rock, hard rock, indie rock, indie techno rock, hardcore rock/techno/indie, techno rock, alternative rock, metal, J pop, J rock, screemo, underground music, piano/rock, hip-hop with rock, intrumental rock, techno metal, and um anything that sound good on hypem.com hehe .... Yay i love hypem.com biggrin.gif

Uuum... I'm a music fanatic and I like a lot of types. I like

Goth Metal (there's a difference between regular and goth metal)

Classic (you know, like Bach and Brahms)

Techno

and pop.

Edited by Invader Jet

Industrial metal but almost any type of metal is good & electronica. Although, oddly enough my favorite band doesn't fit into any of these genres. xd.png

Well, I'd have to say Classical because I grew up listening to classical music and Russian Pop songs. Some of the songs bring me to tears because they're so moving and dramatic. As for my favourite classical piece, I'd have to say Polonaise no. 11 in B flat minor, BI 13, "Adieu" by Frederic Chopin. I guess I also like it because I play the piano. I also enjoy listening to Rock bands, like Evanescence, Linkin' Park or Nirvana and I enjoy country music too because some of them also have a lot of meaning to them.

Though, I can't stand rap and modern pop songs, like the ones by Lady Gaga or Ke$ha(just examples). Most of them have little to no meaning or are very inappropriate. They also lack orchestra instruments, which really bugs me the most. Either that or they have a lot of screaming, repetitive beats and too much cussing.

It's very hard for me to pick one genre, since I listen to different genres for different reasons. Although almost all my favorite music is heavily guitar oriented.

I love metal, especially the really loud stuff like Vital Remains' works, Fleshgod Apocalypse and Decapitated. Progressive metal like Opeth or Cynic are also fantastic.

My second favorite genre would have to be orchestral music. Bach, Paganini, Vivaldi, Verdi, Beethoven are all phenomenal. Movie soundtracks also have some truly wonderful works.

3rd/4th genre starts getting blurry. It's a competition between post rock atmospheric music / breakcore / and world beat

For me, it all relies on who sings what in particular. However, I have tolerated or liked most genres, but I simply can't stand rap, hip-hop, R&B, or most modern pop. I just do not seek any potential entertainment from them, 'is all.

I'll listen to anything besides rap and hip-hop.

FOE!

I like to listen to rap(Eminem, Hollywood Undead, Flobots(yep, they do rap), Fort Minor, etc...), metal(Disturbed), rock(Three Days Grace, Sum 41, etc...), and some alternative.

...I am dissappointed to see how much rap is hated. I'm listening to some right now.

Edited by DarkMark3

FFM (Female Fronted Metal) otherwise called Gothinc and Symphonic Metal as well.

Irish Folk Rock! Yay! biggrin.gif

Flogging Molly

Dropkick Murphys

Fiddlers Green

Go look up The Levellers. You'll love 'em. Also McDermotts 2 Hours if you can happen to find *anything* by them online...