TheAhiru17

What's your favorite genre of music?

I think pop is okay, so is some rock-ish songs/soft rock.

Rap, heavy metal, country....ugh.

I like extreme things when it comes to music. My favourite genre of all time has to be metal, thrash and speed metal being the best, but I can handle death, black, doom, and pretty much everything except nu metal. I'm not close-minded however, and I also love classical, rock, jazz, techno among other genres... but I just can't stand rap.

I like rock, pop, techno, dance and alternate music a lot, but it generally depends on my mood and how the song's played out. I tend to focus more on the meaning of the lyrics rather than just the beat of the song, so songs that have more meaning tend to draw me in, like 'Autumn' by Sparks the Rescue and 'The Story of Us' by Taylor Swift.

Gothic rock is absolute love. I also to listen to classical music every now and then. Die Fledermaus on the piano is one of my faves. :3

I dislike rap and metal since it kind of scares me. o.o;

I grew up on rock n roll, so that's always a favorite genre. I like classic rock like Zeppelin, some Hendrix, GnR (I guess it's classic now lol). I love bands like Slayer, Opeth, Manson, NIN, and AFI, but my love for electronica has grown ever since I was introduced to it in the early 90s. I have the heart of a club kid/raver so I love progressive trance, progressive house, ambient, psytrance, dubstep, etc.

Edited by mxtine

I love all sorts of music, but my favorite genre is Instrumental/soundtrack music. I can't concentrate on writing stories or drawing when listening to vocal music.

I'm a pretty big fan of metal, rock, and on some occasions screamo or anything hardcore but that's usually because I'm mad or getting pumped fir something. My least favorite however has to be country. Idk why I am even from the heart of the south. I do like a lot of rap but it has to be good to me not repetitive. I'm just a lover of music.

I like all kinds of music, most of the time it depends on the mood I am in.

But if I had to choose my favorite genres then I'd say R&B, Hip-Hop, Slow Jams and Bachata.

I'm into anything...well somethings.

I'm not fond of rap, and some country music, but I do love to listen to other cultral music.

My most fave would be Techno, I love the fast beats and they way it gets your body moving to the rythem too.

Oh, many genres of heavy metal. (I did research, lol.)

Including

• folk metal (Metsatöll, Amorphis)
  • gothic (symphonic) metal (Nightwish)
  • industrial metal (Rammstein)
  • alternative metal (Disturbed)
  • and many more
Also orchestra/classical, such as X-Ray Dog, Two Steps From Hell, Epic Score...the list goes on and on. Some techno here and there is good, too!

But if you mix them up like techno and orchestra or metal and orchestra, the result is PURE AWESOME EPICNESS!!!

Edited by LwyllasLaVey

pop cause its really spunky (I've always wanted to use that word!)

I love good music! I think all (well, most..) genres can be great. As long as they're done well.

I listen to mostly world/celtic/folk, symphonic metal, classical, alternative rock, jazz, opera. This and that if it's good!

I was in my friends car the other day and they had the radio on, and wow, I hadn't realised how bloody awful mainstream pop had gotten dry.gif

I don't have any one specific favorite. I just don't like sad/slow/teary-eyed songs, songs that are too metal/hard rock (for my tastes) and those rap songs that just talk about gettin' a girl in bed (not all of 'em do, of course, but tongue.gif).

I like some rap, a lot of hip-hop/pop, a lot of electronic/dance, some techno, some Celtic, jazz, instrumental movie/game music, orchestra/classical music and some reggae/island music. wink.gif

A bit of everything... the only thing I can't stand as a genre is screamo. tongue.gif I don't understand how anyone gets any pleasure from listening to it, but each to their own I guess.