Ein Sylean

Christmas Dragon Descriptions/Names

I searched and found nothing similar. If this IS a duplicate, please delete it. C:

So I noticed the descriptions of the Valentine and Sweetling dragons are different. This is to be expected, since they are different dragons.

I was thinking about this, and I was wondering if the Christmas dragons should have different descriptions too. You know, since they're different dragons, and they even have their own breed-specific names (like Yulebuck and Snow Angel).

Now, I know this will probably be a LOT of work on TJ's part (or whoever's in charge of descriptions and all that), but these are just my two cents. Do you agree? Disagree? I'm just curious. ^^

Actually I wouldn't think it would be all that much work... though admittedly I don't know how his server is set up I would think it would be relatively simple to change the description for a breed.. it's not like he would have to go through and manually change every dragon xd.png Unless his coding is REALLY inefficient which I doubt.

As for giving them unique descriptions... to be honest, I'm impartial. In a way I kind of like the unified description; they're all "spirits of Christmas," just representing separate years. You are right in that it contradicts the Vals/Sweetlings, though.

Yeah, I guess TJ wouldn't have made it too difficult for himself in case there were grammatical errors in the descriptions. :3

It's true that they're all spirits of Christmas, but I just think it'd be nice to know a little more about their behaviours as separate species. For instance, the Sweetlings like fruit and honey and are very curious (and adorable). It's unspecified for the Valentines, but they're different too, so yeah.

Writing this makes me remember when I read a comment from a spirter of the Snow Angels; they said it was a playful sort of dragon that'd lead someone lost in a snow storm to safety. To me, it'd be nice if something like that were in the Snow Angel's description. And we know next to nothing about the Yulebuck's or Holly's behaviour. ^^

Keep the original desciption, but add a unique breed description under them.

Edited by Sun Dragon Angel-A

I like this idea too.

I don't think it would be a lot of work to code at all, and I agree with Sun too. The artists of the christmas drags should probably get dibs on writing descriptions.

Agreeing with Sun, but in that case Val's and such should get the same one. ohmy.gif

I like Sun's idea too. Makes better sense. To have the generic holiday description and then have a description of the breed underneath.

I think if they do decide to keep the original description and but add a unique breed description to the Christmas dragons. They should also add a generic holiday description for the Valentines dragons.

Oh and I second SlowHornpipe172's idea of getting the spriters[is that even a word?? maybe sprite-ers? unsure.gif ] to make/contribute to the descriptions.

I rather like them being the same...though if a breed-specific bit were added to the end I wouldn't mind that =]

Edited by dragon_mando

This.

Even just a single short sentence would work too, rather than two full descriptions -- like male/female silvers.

Having a clearly stated name for each year's sprite would be very nice. So many people confuse which year is which, right now.

Edit: Yeesh, just noticed the date of the first bunch of posts. However, still a nice idea, after all this time!

Edited by bbik

Um...bump? This is an amazing idea and I completely support it. xd.png

Edit: Wooo, last post was in 2010. Well, nonetheless, this is a good idea. Even though it has spiders and cobwebs in it... xd.png

Edited by TLOSpyrogirl

Good idea. It sorta drives me nuts how the Christmas dragons have no individual breed personality.

I agree @Sun Dragon Angle-A.

I support this!

I agree.

I think they do deserve seperate descriptions, maybe added to the general christmas description.

*idea*

make a contest of it: let us try our hand at writing descriptions for them, have a vote like with the decorated trees (probably would have to be done in rounds), and give the winners a dragon of their choice, like with the tree contest.

I think they do deserve seperate descriptions, maybe added to the general christmas description.

*idea*

make a contest of it: let us try our hand at writing descriptions for them, have a vote like with the decorated trees (probably would have to be done in rounds), and give the winners a dragon of their choice, like with the tree contest.

You'd have to get the permission of the dragons' conceptors. For all we know, they might have very clear ideas about the breeds, and not appreciate something completely different.

But if they were okay with it, I think it would be a fun event.