Ein Sylean

Christmas Dragon Descriptions/Names

Support! I'd like the 'generic' christmas description to remain, but then be followed by a year-specific description.

I'd personally like to know why the two people who voted 'no' did so.. ?

As would I. Unless they say something I'll assume those users were simply trolling.

,You have my full support on this. I never truly understood why the Christmas Dragons all had the same description.

Anyway, here's a draft for what could be the Wrapping-Wing's description:

Wrapping-Wing Dragons are a male only breed, known for their beautiful, iridescent scales. They attract mates by decorating their territories with various objects; if you live in a Wrapping-Wing's territory, your house will be decorated whether you like it or not. They feed primarily on wild turkeys and quail during the winter, which they stun with their weak ice breath. They then will cook the meat using their magic; it is unheard of for a Wrapping-Wing Dragon to eat cold meat. During the summer they primarily eat fruit.

Christmas dragons are a very mysterious breed. They are only seen during winter, and even then it is hard to catch a glimpse of one. They are responsible for the general cheer that spreads during the holidays. In essence, they are the “Spirits of Christmas

It doesn't have to be used, I just made it because I felt like it.

I agree that it would be nice to have a little more flavor text for the Dragon - but still keep the basics of the 'Christmas Dragon' description. I'll use the Snow Angel [2009 Christmas] dragon as an example.

Here's the current description of all:

Christmas dragons are a very mysterious breed. They are only seen during winter, and even then it is hard to catch a glimpse of one. They are responsible for the general cheer that spreads during the holidays. In essence, they are the “Spirits of Christmas.”

And here's an altered version for Snow Angels:

Snow Angels are a very mysterious breed. These female dragons are only seen during winter, and even then it is hard to catch a glimpse of one. These dragons all have unique patterns on their wings, which are rumored to be responsible for the general cheer that spreads during the holidays. In essence, they are the "Spirits of Christmas."

Thus you can see while keeping the basic and beloved Christmas description - it can be altered to include information about the breed (Name, Female only, different patterned wings)

Added this option to first post. It is a good alternate idea.

I definitely support this. smile.gif It would be nice to have the specific dragons' names as well as even just a portion of the spriters' info about them on their pages. That way, non-forum players have access to the info as well, especially since many of them may not know about the wiki. smile.gif

I agree I only started around Christmas this year and it started to get a bit boring after all of the Christmas Dragons ended up having the same description

Here's a draft description for Ribbon Dancers

Ribbon Dancers are a female only breed of dragon that perform intricate and complicated ‘dances’ the show off the frill of ribbons on their tail. Male dragons must perform their part in the ‘dance’ flawlessly as even the slightest mistake will mean rejection by a Ribbon Dancer.

I'd really like to see this as well. It always catches me off guard when I click on TJ's grown Christmas dragons and don't see a new name for them.

Support. I'd prefer to see more information on the breeds themselves--or at the very least, have the full name of the breed in there.

I don't even know what the latest breed is named. >_>;

Wrapping Wing

TY! I checked the wiki and found it, too.

...But I'd really prefer that information be in the breed description.

Anyway, here's a draft for what could be the Wrapping-Wing's description:

I did post once before to say I do think any such description should be written by the conceptor....

My post seems to have vanished - I don't THINK it was a sin.... so I am saying it again.

Surely descriptions should be written by the person who created the dragon?

Edit: oh, fuzz posted that before me - even after her first post vanished tongue.gif

Edited by TheGrox

Surely descriptions should be written by the person who created the dragon?

Edit: oh, fuzz posted that before me - even after her first post vanished tongue.gif

Yes, my description was purely made up for the purpose of this thread.

EDIT: Oh right you meant Blitz's

Absolutely support! I have to troll around the wiki generally to find out what the creators wanted the dragon characteristics to be when I'm making personalized descriptions, and I'd love to have that information right there like the other dragons. smile.gif

Yes, my description was purely made up for the purpose of this thread.

EDIT: Oh right you meant Blitz's

Same with mine - was just done to get the idea across (Gaia knows I don't want to have the responsibility of writing a Dragon's description - I'm not that creative!)

As long as the creator(s) can be gotten in touch with they should write the description, or at least give breed information to a better writer. Only when they're completely gone [like silvanon might be] should the writing go to others. I'd suggest making it clear that the descriptions in the first post are examples.

As long as the creator(s) can be gotten in touch with they should write the description, or at least give breed information to a better writer.  Only when they're completely gone [like silvanon might be] should the writing go to others.  I'd suggest making it clear that the descriptions in the first post are examples.

I believe TJ09 said Silvanon pops by occasionally, but I might be thinking of another old user.

Edited by Ashywolf

I'd be fine with giving the Wraping-Wings one, as long as all the others got description so that they match.

Edited for clarity

Edited by aangs-sister

Considering the people who said no have not made any indication of why they chose this against a 97% opposition, is it fair to say we can ignore them?

Nah never mind it doesn't really matter why they said no tbh.

Edited by Ashywolf

Considering the people who said no have not made any indication of why they chose this against a 97% opposition, is it fair to say we can ignore them?

No. They are entitled to say no if you offer them that option !

But I think you CAN run with the majority ! (I voted against governments in my time - and still got them mad.gif )