dustpuppy

New Drake breeding plan help

I didn't see a thread about the new Drakes, so I collected some lineage preview links on AOND to help decide on possible combinations.

HOWLERS:

m Howler x f Night Glory

m Night Glory x f Howler

m Howler x f Day Glory

m Day Glory x f Howler

m Howler x f Ochredrake

m Ochredrake x f Howler

GLAUCUS:

m Glaucus x f Night Glory

m Night Glory x f Glaucus

m Glaucus x f Day Glory

m Day Glory x f Glaucus

m Glaucus x f Ochredrake

m Ochredrake x f Glaucus

HOWLER x GLAUCUS:

m Glaucus x f Howler

m Howler x f Glaucus

I like these patterns (in even gen):

*m Glaucus x f Night Glory

*m Night Glory x f Glaucus

*m Glaucus x f Ochredrake

*m Ochredrake x f Glaucus

Hm, I like Night Glory or Ochre with Howler (and I like the name Wurzelbert xd.png).

The Night Glory & Glaucus combo just made me realize that blue stripe in the Night Glory's wing! laugh.gif I think I'll go for Day Glory & Glaucus first, or something smile.gif

I'm actually a bit surprised at how much I like the day/night glory X glaucus. The chances of me bothering to breed them are slim to none because of the glory's breeding quirks, but they look pretty enough.

I like Howler with Ochredrake and Glaucus with Night Glory. I'll purebreed them first, like I always do, but since I've never really bred drake lines before I might actually push myself to make checkers. I need more Glories/Ochres anyway.

I like glaucus x night glory. I'm not sure what I like howlers with

I like the male Howler/female Night Glory and the male Night Glory/female Glaucus pairs.

I wish I had some Night Glories. D:

I also like the male Howler/female Glaucus pair, I think I'll try that.

Just as a reminder to those who don't breed drakes a lot:

My friend decided she liked the female Glaucus and male Night Glory, and in her effort to begin a checker just bred her only make Night Glory to her newly matured female Glaucus.

1. She got a Glaucus egg, which will probably happen a whole lot at first.

2. If she'd gotten a Glory - it would have hatched into a Day Glory, not a Night Glory.

I myself am not great at remembering to check the times, but I try to remember that when I can't see out the window, it's night, and when I'm stuck at work, it's day.

Anything in-between could mess up either way.

Oh, and to add insult to injury - she then abandoned her Glaucus because she mixed up the breeds in her head and thought it wouldn't look right, because she bred it during the day blink.gif

You didn't include pbs in the view. =o ;p

Glaucus: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=1&mate=uknGd Or the way better pic in Light Concorde's post.

Howlwer: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=1&mate=0BM1n

Glaucus and howler seem to go pretty well with each other - more than I thought they would. BUT I've noticed that there is a slight difference in how things look in actual lineage view with lineage tiles (for example - I really liked tea x brute testing on NDER, but once I actually did the lineage I really didn't like it quite as much. It was kinda blah for me).

Glaucus actually does look good with night glories and the male looks excellent with day glories, but I really don't want to use glories in any lineage. They don't look bad with ochres, either. I think they look best pb, although I prefer howlers, so I probably won't focus on a pb glaucus lineage.

Howlers don't go with as much as the glaucus do. I do think they might make a nice checker with ochres and I definitely wanna do a short pb.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

You didn't include pbs in the view. =o ;p

Glaucus: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=1&mate=uknGd Or the way better pic in Light Concorde's post.

Howler: http://www.coup-detat.info/NDER/Lineage.ph...en=1&mate=0BM1n

Ooops, yes, PB was such an obvious option to me that I completely forgot to do a preview. xd.png Thank you!

My friend decided she liked the female Glaucus and male Night Glory, and in her effort to begin a checker just bred her only make Night Glory to her newly matured female Glaucus.

1.  She got a Glaucus egg, which will probably happen a whole lot at first.

2.  If she'd gotten a Glory - it would have hatched into a Day Glory, not a Night Glory.

Very good point. I always use the "Tool" page from eggs around the world for that, according to them this should become a Day Glory. I was surprised to get a Glory egg. biggrin.gif

I think I like Ochredrakes best with both new Drakes (apart from PB) but I'm surprised how much I like Day Glory x Howler. I was sure Glories wouldn't go well with them at all, or maybe only Night Glories.

I'm probably going to purebreed mine, but I do like the Howler x Night Glory combo as well. ^-^

When I first saw the adult Glaucus sprite, I got excited and wanted to breed them with F Swallowtails, but then I remembered that they're Drakes... XD

I always use the "Tool" page from eggs around the world for that, according to them this should become a Day Glory. I was surprised to get a Glory egg. biggrin.gif

You don't have a Nocturne to look at?

*groans*

I still can't decide how to breed mine, I will probably just do a PB lineage. But I do like how the Night Drakes go with the Howlers.

Need another Blue Drake imo.

I'm definitely doing Night Glory/Glaucus at some point - probably with male Glories and female Glaucuses, since I think the female Glaucus sprite would look a bit better. Might do a bit of a checker with it actually - I don't breed much, so I don't think I've tried a checker yet.

I don't have plans to breed my own, but I won't pass up a Glaucus x Ochredrake or Glaucus x Night Glory if I catch one in the AP.

I'm likely going to go for PBs, since I think those look the best so far. But I do like the Howler x Ochredrake idea too!

Just had another look at the combos - now thinking I might do a male Glaucus/female Day Glory checker to complement the male Night Glory/female Glaucus one, probably interbreeding them at some point.

Night Glories don't look too bad with Howlers either - their poses don't work together as well as Glaucus/Glory, but their colours do and the red eyespots on the Howler contrast quite nicely with the blue stripes on the NG.

Male Ochredrake/female Glaucus has potential too. I'm not a big fan of Ochredrakes - while they are lovely, they're a bit plain for me - but the poses work, and the Glaucuses' flashiness offsets the Ochres.

Seems like I'm going to be very busy indeed with these pretties... assuming I ever get round to doing anything with them at all. rolleyes.gif It's great to have more choices for drake breeding, finally - I can only hope the selection continues to expand!

I made myself sad. I ended up sorting my Howlers next to my Seragamma Wyverns and they look incredible together. The same genders face opposite ways, too, so a checker would have all the dragons facing the same way. I stuck both pairings into the lineage viewer just to torture myself and they were amazing.

1. She got a Glaucus egg, which will probably happen a whole lot at first.

I bred a Glaucus to a Day glory and got a day (I HOPE; I THINK it was 17.45 !) egg, so there's plenty of hope there !