votehim

vocal range?

what singign range are you in?  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm an alto in my school choir. But I also do a choir outside of school in which I am a mezzo-soprano. I am a soprano when it is just soprano and alto split there too.

I actually have a pretty large range, from low alto to medium soprano. I'm stronger using my chest voice though, so that makes me more of an alto. But I am strengthening my head voice so that I can sing stronger high pitched. :D

Same for me! :P It's really hard though, if can notice the voice sound change immediately when I go up into my head voice.

Well I used to be a soprano. :c

I don't really know. I just know I am not a good singer, and so only sing in private, when no one else can hear me.

Mezzo-soprano, but I just usually sing for fun.

I can usually hit any notes if I've done some warm-ups and if they're "near" to each other (for example, I can't go from a very high note to the lowest note on Earth xd.png).

[i don't actually sing unless I'm completely alone and no one's watching. I'm terrible tongue.gif]

My range (and singing) is pretty poor. I have a low-ish speaking voice, which is also loudest, but I prefer to sing high. There's a middle range that I just can't cross without my voice messing up.

As for what I am, I have no idea.

I have a contralto range that goes from F3 to G5, so pretty much the exact definition. A few of my friends say I sing terribly because I can't go very high, but my tone is very dark. I sound like a man on the phone and in recording. I prefer my man voice to super high voices, anyhow. I sing folkish metal, not opera. Cx

I used to be a 1st class soprano (I don't entirely remember what that means), but I quit actually singing often years ago. If I try to retrain myself I might be able to get back up to a mezzo soprano. I don't remember what my range used to be, all I can remember is having lots of fun doing songs from operas and operettas when I was like 10.

I can sing just a tiny bit high-ish in my falsetto. however, i'm comfortable in medium-low and easily dip into very, very low notes. i've always sung much lower than the males in our theatre.

that having been said, the actual sound of my voice differs in the feel of the song. i have been oft called a 'voice chameleon', in that the actual feel of my voice changes rather fluidly to match the song/vocalist that i am singing. apparently i can sound absolutely just like ke$ha. xd.png

I was told by many people that I sound like a soprano, because my voice can reach a super high pitch with screaming and stuff, but I honestly have no clue it it's true because I can barely ever sing a single tone without putting everyone's eardrums out. wacko.gif

I'm an alto, that's how they call it here. I don't know if it is higher or lower than contralto :\ Just as Qwackie said, I also sound as a man on the phone. But I sing regularly and I'm in a choir now, where they really appreciate low woman voice. They say it has something smooth and warm tongue.gif So not all low woman voice are 'bad'.