Elirium

Cosplay

I've never cosplayed, but I'd like to sometime.

I was going to go to the Animazment this year, but my mom didn't let me at the last minute.

I've cosplayed as L, Mai from The Last Airbender, and Missy from Pokemon (I did it when I was 3. xd.png)

I can't wait to actually try one for this year's anime convention.

I haven't made a costume yet, but I'm thinking of going as Witch Hunter Robin, because she fots my personality and looks well and wouldn't be too hard to do.

I did cosplay 'way back before it was called cosplay. My most popular costume was the Fourth Doctor: fifteen foot long scarf, felt fedora, brown velvet smoking jacket, boots, tweed pants, the whole enchilada. Right down to having jelly babies, yo-yos, and various other bits and bobs in my pockets that could be used as comedy props to interact with other fans.

I also did a couple of turns as Lobo (the version from the early issues of "L.E.G.I.O.N", from DC Comics), which was also a lot of fun, but an entirely different type of energy. I had to be very careful to set the clown white makeup properly or else it ended up all over everything I touched.

Cosplay is fun and it's awesome to see the costumes people have worked on for sometimes years. though on this side of the pacific is nothing cosplay shops in Japan are so much fun to look around, mix and match the worst crossovers ever.

I have a set of mandalorian armor, jango fett's not boba's, and I'm currently working on the helmet.

Its for comiccon biggrin.gif.

Oh my gosh, kiffren, we need to exchange IMs like, NAO! Mandos, ftw!

*cough*

Right. Personally, I count LARPing to be cosplay, if you dress up for it. All it all really is is assuming the personality of another person and doing an improv *shrug*

I've got so many costumes in the design process that I'll probably never get to build...

"Cosplay (コスプレ, kosupure?), short for "costume play",[1] is type of performance art in which participants don costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea. "

I've heard it as Costume Roleplay, but you know. Just making a random bored comment. ^^

I wanna cosplay! Imma do it for the first time this fall for a con. I'll be Rin Kagamine's Meltdown Remix costume. Here's hoping it'll look good!

Sorry for the double post, but um...

Not unless you count LARPing...

huh.gif What's "LARPing"?

Live Action Role play = LARP

I've never participated in it fully. I used to be a little pixie (I was 10 ), but that's because pixie's don't matter much in battle ^.^ My parents used to do more of the battle and clans aspect. People can even pretend to be wizards with spells and what not. I had a roommate who did whole weekends of it. They actually had a real ninja. The guy would be caught poised above door frames killing people. With the right group of friends I'd love it. I'm not outgoing enough to just jump in though.... I'd love to though.

Role plays are when you pretend to be a fictional character. Kinda like a book. Making plots and storylines, even falling in love and killing people in battle. Think of the people dressed up at a Ren. Faire. They bow to the king and have battles for the Lady's favor. That'd be LARP'ing to a degree. But it can go so much further and in depth. Think of a good fantasy book and then think of people actually dressing up and playing it out and you got a good idea of what's happening.

Edit: Realized I might not have explained enough for some one who has no clue.

Edited by arisilde

Ohhh. I cosplay. biggrin.gif

I've done Near and Matt from Deathnote and Plan on doing Sebastion from Black Butler and Roy from Full Metal Alchemist.

I have pictures if you wants to see.

I enjoy cosplaying. I've pulled off a RED Medic from TF2, and my next one is going to be Augustus Sinclair from Bioshock 2. Then maybe a Rosie from the same game after that.

I've done cosplay before biggrin.gif I cosplayed as B from DN once, but it didn't turn out too well... And then I did Mokuba from YGO. I thought that once turned out pretty well :3

My friends and I planned to have our own cosplay day on one of the last days of senior year, and that's a ways away... I'm planning on doing Adachi Hana from Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, and I have most of the costume already xd.png This would be my first time cosplaying as a girl, too >3>

I'll be doing a Left 4 Dead cosplay with a couple friends for Cyphan on 6/25 tongue.gif

I'll be Ellis and my friend will be a witch and we're hoping to get her bf to be Nick. biggrin.gif

I cosplayed before it was cosplaying =)

'Course, I wasn't very good at it. I'm still not, but I'm gonna try. My next attempt will be a Raichu for Anime Expo.

I've done it. A few times.

In the con I played Edward Scissorhands, it wasn't that bad, people recognized me and the "scissors" were quite easy to control.

Just for fun I tried L from Death Note. Can't remember when it was, but it must've been over a year ago. All my friends noticed it, but my classmates only told me I looked weird in white...

And once I dressed up as Regulus Black to get free entry into an amusement park. It was some sort of lightshow/Halloween thing and people dressed as characters from Harry Potter were let in for free biggrin.gif

I cosplayed as Mello last year for Halloween. You can imagine all the chocolate I got.

Oh, and I cosplayed as Albert Einstein in fifth grade. I taped cotton balls on my upper lip for a mustache.

It's fun. |D

I cosplayed as Mello last year for Halloween. You can imagine all the chocolate I got.

People actually understand references like that? Dang, I haven't even read DeathNote, and that still sounds like a great idea to steal.

So long as it's dark chocolate.

Edited by Efarilahn

I wore a sailor fuku to my school's anime con. I got second place in the cosplay contest. :3

I really like cosplay, though I tend to pick characters for the props they have. My favorite up 'till now is Demyx from Kingdom Hearts, just because I got to make a really big sitar.

For the rest I've cosplayed Reno, Anti-Sora and Zidane. And just a tip, if you wear a costume with a tail, make sure it's attached really well, because people will pull on it.

I was going to be L for the Animazement...

I'm saving up money to buy a costume and stuff so if it's nearby I can go as Vincent Valentine for the Animazement. If not, then I won't buy it or the tickets for the Animazement and save up more to buy a laptop.

I'm an overachever.

Edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Tennes...nime_Convention

Shish yeah I'm going next year. Time to get some money, and hopefully my parent's will let me....

Edited by Qwackie

I love cosplaying, I've never truely done it before, but I've tried. I like seeing others in costumes as characters I know, this year I want to go as Presea Combatir, or Sheena Fujibayashi..... Maybe Anise Tatlin... All three from tales of series