Imaginist

Nightwish

Alright, I admit it, I've completely fallen in love with Nightwish. But few others seem to know them. Anyone else here listen to them? What's your favorite song by them?

Tarja:

Over The Hills And Far Away -somewhat "general" and considered one of their best- a good example for first time listeners

Nightquest -heavier

Nemo -darker/gothic

-heavier

Last of the Wilds -instrumental

Sleeping Sun -slower/gentler

Planet He11 -heavier

Anette:

Escapist

Amaranth

Poet and the Pendulum pt 1 -this is most of it, very good if you have ten minutes to spare, lots of different bits

Eva -slower/gentler

7 Days To The Wolves

Edited by Imaginist

YOU MISSED PHANTOM OF THE OPERA DX

<3 Love Nightwish!

I like them quite a lot.

My favorites are End of All Hope, Amaranth, Escapist, Nemo, Ghost Love Score, and 7 Days to the Wolves, roughly in that order.

Oops. Sorry I've got like...60 on my playlist. xd.png Well now your link is up, on your post, so I'll leave it be. :]

I like...gosh I don't even know my favorite. Maybe Escapist. But then I hear one of the others and can't decide again. xd.png

Edited by Imaginist

I love them tew. I will stalk this thread like the ninja I are 8D

Hmmm...haven't heard 7 Days to the Wolves. I shall now go look up.

Edit: Oh, nice. And this is why I can't decide a favorite biggrin.gif

Edited by Imaginist

I love them tew. I will stalk this thread like the ninja I are 8D

Stop freaking doing what I do! STALKER! But yeah, I LOVE Nightwish, my favorite song.. I'd have to say over the hills and far away.

I have to admit that I love the music in "Ever dream", but am less fond of the lyrics.

Hmmm...haven't heard 7 Days to the Wolves. I shall now go look up.

You don't know 7 Days to the Wolves! *gasps* ohmy.gif

I've got a t-shirt of 7 Day to the Wolves biggrin.gif plus another and a Amaranth pullover...

Eh, yeah, I'm a fan, too. Maybe not really hardcore, but I pretty much like them. My father is a fan and has quite a collection of their albums and singles.

My favorite songs right now are... The Riddler, Dead to the World and Sahara. But the others are pretty much cool, too. Haven't heard Escapist yet, am gonna look for it in the collection right now, though wink.gif

I've adored their music for years, though their CDs used to be nearly impossible to get a hold of in the USA for awhile there. Wound up picking up a lot of their earlier CDs up while over in Sweden.

As personal favorite songs go- with Tarja:

10th man down:

Kinslayer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3DbQJgb76c

End of All Hope:

From the new singer, Anette:

Amaranth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruyf3k6Gl7c

Whoever Brings the Night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqThcjI6ho4

Could do without some of the drama around the group but that just seems to be the done thing in the music business.

I love Nightwish but only with tarja. In my opinion Anette don`t fit the band because Nightwish was something special because of the fact that the singer was on opera singer. I new the Band since Wishmaster came out.

So here is my favorite song:

Hehehe I'm hearing some I hadn't before now, and liking them a lot...and learning about the band, tyoo. Before I didn't know much except what music I could find on playlist.

I like both singers.

Not many people have heard of them in the US. At least no one I know.

Hehehe I'm hearing some I hadn't before now, and liking them a lot...and learning about the band, tyoo. Before I didn't know much except what music I could find on playlist.

I like both singers.

Not many people have heard of them in the US. At least no one I know.

I like them both too. :3

Really? Everyone (who listens to any genre similar to it) I've talked to knows them.

I don't really like Anette, but did you know, There were three kids in someplace on earth, and two who were boys like Taria(SP?) and one was a girl who liked Anette, the girl said so many bad things about Taria(still SP?) I tink the boys did something to her, I dunno excatly though but that's come to show, so of us have big different oppions

I like them both too. :3

Really? Everyone (who listens to any genre similar to it) I've talked to knows them.

I think the catch is that symphonic metal really hasn't caught on the USA; if they know of the genre, they'll usually know Nightwish. If they don't know the genre, they've usually never heard of them unless they've happened to pay attention to the soundtrack for "The Cave".

I really like Nightwish. I was introduced to them last year by a close friend of mine; we both live in the USA, and there are a fair amount of people in my area that know and appreciate their music too. :3

As for favorites, the first time I ever heard Nightwish I totally loved Bye Bye Beautiful. Now I really love End of All Hope, Dark Chest of Wonders, Ever Dream, and I love their version of the Phantom of the Opera. :3

Actually, now that I think of it, the Phantom of the Opera cover was the first I ever heard of them. I remember my cousin making me sing along in a "duet" with him to that song. xd.png

Hahaha.

I like both singers, and of course there are songs where one voice suits better than the other. But that might just be my personal opinion. :/

But yes, big fan! ^^

Actually, I think I have one friend who likes them...because now that I think about it, that's where I heard them, he was playing Bye Bye Beautiful from his ipod at a robotics meeting while we worked.

I am so in love with 7 Days to The Wolves right now. There's a lot I really like.

<3, regardless of who they have singing. Tarja's voice had a spine chilling quality to it, yes, but I do think the band made the right decision. And Annette clearly fits with the band.

Their live shows are epic too!

@Tikindi: YES. It's so nice to hear another person who thinks that.

@Rhea: You might like them and you might not. *pointless statement* But if you want to try them out, I would recommend listening to Nemo and Amaranth. New and old, showing some of their best stuff I think.

I love Nightwish. It's so hard to pick a favorite song. The list includes Nemo, Sahara, The Escapist, Dark Chest of Wonders, Over the Hills and Far Away, and tons others. They are so good.