WonderBubbles

Balance

"Corks come in handy. We're not doing it so straightforwardly so I invented this." It was a mask, cleverly fitted with a filter to avoid the toxic gas entering their eyes and noses. The mask was relatively fragile though. She trudged carefully, avoiding small pebbles that might hide an unsuspecting ant. Her fingers trailed across the map, looking for any more terrian loopholes they could harness to their advantage.

((Edited, post away!))

Edited by dracoon

Mitosu gaed at everyone as she pulled out her sythe and hed it in an upright position and slung on her sholder. She glanced to them and wonderd why she was doing this? That was right, she was doing it to 'better' the world. She did not know if doing this would help. Who knows the creatures might respawn again. But it was worth a shot. She glaced to them and said, "I can cause illusions, use it as you wish."

Zack meenwhile was sneaking up on Sooty. He then closed in and trailed his hand down her back. He straightened up and finished his last 6 beers in quick succession. He stmbelled for a moment before saying in a slurred voice, "i can read the beasties mind. So I'll tell what he is doing. I can also call a very big blade to cut with. It give me strength but tires me greatly." he glared a Mitosu and said, "hey that's my line!"

Mitosu glanced to the fool and said, "If it was, then you lost it when you fell." And turned back away from him, somewhere near the frount of the group.

Zack paused momentarally before shrugging it off with a shrug whih seemed a bit off. He drunk the last beer and slurred, "Alright, lets go! Where is this beastie?"

The shifter examined it, curiosity showing on her bronze momentarily. She heard the footsteps behind her; they were softer than usual, as though the owner was making an attempt at stealth, or had a low body weight. Something touched her upper back and trailed down, making her shiver and grin. Sooty knew that touch; it was Zack. She twisted her head back and slowed slightly, falling in beside the fallen angel. He was gulping down a series of bottles, while she watched him with amusement. Perhaps he'd run out in the few days it would take to get to the location, so he would be sober enough to fight the slug. The leopard laughed at the exchange between her boy-toy and the reaper.

"That was a low blow," she commented, gazing at him slyly, checking to see if he was affected by it. "And the beastie is still a day or so travel away from here."

Zack sighed sadly and said, "awww....." He glanced to his backpack, full to the brim with beer and counted. "I better ration my babies. " He closed it up and then kissed sooty again. "Oh sooty" He sung, "The stuff in fires! Set my heart alight!" He struck a high note and sounded stupid. He continued singing her praises in an Angel voice, slightly off pitch due to the drink. He smiled at her.

(Time skip?)

The leopard grinned, amused by the off-key praises; she was flattered, too, which was unusual for her. She didn't have many steady relationships, so they took a little while to get used to. Sooty took Zack's hand as they walked toward the windy basin of the cave demon.

~

((Wish granted.))

The ground noticeably dipped and the slope was highly visible beneath the sparse grass. Tendrils of fog extended from the bottom of the hole, making the atmosphere ominous and creepy. The shifter peered down through the white-grey mist, her yellow eyes narrowing slightly. The strong wind that ruffled her short hair did nothing to move the fog, but seemed to increase it, as though it were blowing from a fog-machine.

"I can't see a thing," she sighed.

Her long tail flicked and her ears tilted forward, attempting to catch a sound through the thick wall of fog. Giving up, her gaze slid to the vampire and Signum.

"So," Sooty chirped. "We gonna go down there?"

Unbeknownst to the Slayers, at the bottom of the basin was more than one All-Seer. It had found a partner and had borne three litters; each with three young. They grew quickly, and the largest were close to half the size of the massive adults. The ground was covered with their slime and nothing grew nor lived there. Nothing but the slow cave demons could.

(*Glances around for genie* I wish for a cookie?)

Motosu glanced to them, then she shifted her sythe from being carried on her sholder and grasped it with two hands and walked down without another word.

Zack glanced to sooty and even though he had drunk over a lethal dose, for a human, he was immediately sober and serious. He glanced around and said, "Lets go. No way am I going to let some reaper take all the glory. I can call a blade for a small amount of time and increse my strength, good for finishing off a creature." He glanced to them, and took one step in frount, waiting for someone else to come.

Edited by warewolves

Kira peered down into the fog, trying to see what she could but it was too dense. Her attention was drawn to Sooty when the shifter spoke, and then to Zack who said they should go down.

"We stay together. Go off and try to kill it by yourself and you will most likely not be successful," she said to Zack, "an All-Seer may be slow, but it's still deadly. We'll need a plan to deal with this, but with all this fog we can't see our target. Judging by the smell, it's down there. Perhaps we should fire a flare down there; something bright to blind it and that'll let us see where it is exactly."

((Only going to post with Jeff until we get some movement with Team Dos...))

Jeff followed the group joylessly. He did not care what happened, whether it be a fight within the group the Allseer. He was getting bored, tired some with the constant singing and babbling of the drunkard and the high and mighty attitude of the reaper with the sythe. He did, however, felt like he should thank the vampire and the second reaper for not being odd. Because of this, he was thankful when the fog began to roll in... Well not really roll in, more like they walked into it. He found it strange, the fog not truly moving but sat still, like a blanket on a sleeping beast. He stopped, crouching at the edge of the cliff and examined the fog. "Excuse me, but fog is just highly condensed low lying clouds is it not? And clouds are just highly condensed water molecules... Which mean in a sense, I may be able to literally move the fog so we can see." He smiled, happy that he was able to put in his two cents and make an actually helpful observation.

((Wish granted. :D One more~.

*cookies appear*

FRoDy: 'kays. c:

.... O_O I can't find the form for Jeff. I don't think I've put it in the accepted section, although I remember accepting it... O_o))

The shifter started to follow Zack, shrugging lightly, before Jeff spoke up. Her wide eyes turned to him and her head tilted as she tried to make sense of what he'd just said. Sooty wasn't the brightest lamp in the alley, so it took her a little while to figure out what he'd meant. Her gaze flicked to the oddly sombre fallen angel, before focussing on Kira.

"Sounds good?" there was a questioning element to her words.

Sooty didn't fully understand, but the bit about moving the fog away was clear enough. Her tail slowly swung side-to-side, curling at the tip.

"If you could disperse the fog, Jeff, it would be much helpful," Kira replied to him, looking at where the other was standing. If they could just get rid of the fog, it would make things so much easier, and then she wouldn't need to waste any ammo. Once the fog was gone, then their only problem would be the All-Seer, which hopefully wouldn't be too difficult to take down with the combine strength of everyone on the team.

((and fffffff I forgot about Zhiess XD))

"I could help you," Zhiess spoke up, taking a step towards Jeff, "my element is wind, so I could help with blowing away this fog."

He smiled at the other, hoping to work together like the team they were.

"Whatever you're going to do to get rid of the fog, just do it," Kira stated, receiving a nod from Zhiess and then the elemental was then looking to Jeff again.

Signum was silently watching as the team functioned to work and take out All-Seer. There were so many new complications she was worried about, but for the moment she had Laevantein in it's bow form with a full dragon's blood arrow ready so she could destroy a sizable chunk of their target as soon as the line of sight was clear.

Jeff nodded and stood. Zhiess, you start pushing the fog to the east.. I will start condensing them more until I get the liquid form.. From there I can use it too be my weapon. Also, I was thinking that we could leave a slight amount of fog in place. This will hurt any archers.. But this thing has amazing eyesight, but bad hearing. So if we can cripple its eyesight, the chance of a surprise attack will be greatly increased. Zhiess.. If we do keep this film of fog, would it be possible for you to guide an arrow using the air surrounding it?" Jeff had begun to condense the water molecules about half way through his rant.

The jackal looked around quietly unsure of what to do. All his fellow reapers had left and he was left with these lower quality fighters. He semi wished sigmun was here, her being the one possible friend like person he had. He mumbled and looked at the large anthro, quietly, but with fully impatient and bored.

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

Zhiess nodded to Jeff, doing as the other asked. He did not disperse all of the fog though, since like Jeff mentioned, they would need to impede the All-Seer's sight with it.

"I can guide an arrow, but I imagine Signum is skilled enough to hit the target by herself.

Kira held her loaded shotgun in hand as she waited for the two to deal with the fog. If she could see any outline of their target at all, she could take aim and fire. The only thing to worry about was the All-Seer seeing them.

Signum was silently watching as the team functioned to work and take out All-Seer. There were so many new complications she was worried about, but for the moment she had Laevantein in it's bow form with a full dragon's blood arrow ready so she could destroy a sizable chunk of their target as soon as the line of sight was clear.

((Five sentences, Jaina.))

The mist began to disperse and condense, revealing several large forms in the basin. The feline counted quickly; there were nine shapes that she could see with her keen eyesight, and possibly more than that high amount. One was immense gigantic; a full-grown adult, by the look of it. The others were smaller, the biggest was close to half the size of the adult cave demon. Sooty let out a low hiss, her ears flattening and her eyes widening in fear. The pistol she carried took a while to reload, but they were slow and Sooty was fast.

The leopard slanted her gaze toward her partner, then to the vampire. "There's a few more than I expected down there," she announced, her voice oddly light.

She could hear odd sounds now - her ears flicked up to catch them - a dark, menacing wet sound and a harsh breathing. There were odd croons and soft clicks, as though they were speaking to one another.

Mitosu was walking slowly towards them, she became more visible as the mist cleared. Foolish, or brave, she was neither. She was just getting them moving along. Staring at them would not kill them.

Zack glanced to them and took a step forward and said "Uhhh. I don't know about you, but shouldn't we follow her? I mean we don't want to loose a member of the team.

((ware, that may be five sentences, but a bit more would be appreciated~ and is Mitotsu really that reckless?))

"Get back here," Kira hissed at Mitotsu who took it upon herself to walk forward into the clearing mist. The vampire was even more cautious now, because she could see what Sooty was seeing; nine figures instead of just one.

"We need to rethink a strategy because apparently there's more than we thought there would be," she said to everyone, warning with her eyes that everyone should stay still.

Zhiess kept a cover of fog over the All-Seers to prevent them from noticing the group that was hunting them down. This would definitely cause some issues, but hopefully this group would be good enough to take care of all nine. The biggest problem would be the biggest All-Seer.

Sooty gazed after the idiotic reaper, one dark brow arched and a wry twist to her mouth. The vampire, bossy as ever, - but rightly so, this instance - ordered her to return to the group. The fallen suggested following Mitosu, taking a pace in the direction of the creatures. The shifter grabbed onto his hand and pulled him gently back to her side, wrapping an arm around his waist.

"We have to plan this out, babe," she murmured to him, smiling affectionately.

She looked back to the vampire, eyebrows arched. "I'm not going to shift and walk through that sludge on paws," she told Kira, expression gaining an element of disgust. "That would be incredibly gross." Her tail twitched, as did her ears, swivelling in the direction of the basin. Her gaze flicked over to Signum, with her explosive arrows. "D'you reckon their slime would be flammable?"

"I'm guessing they'll get stuck in the sludge and evade these demons. Maybe we could build something across or use long-range weapons and magic?" Charin knew that the sludge was a pitch-like substance and was usually imflammable. In fact, it might even be a fire-proof substance. She groaned innerly- if it was they were already fighting a losing battle.

"If we're forced to trek through the sledge," she started, looking to Sooty, "then grow a pair and deal with it."

She then looked to Charin who spoke.

"We have long-ranged weapons," she answered, brandishing her shotgun, "and Signum has her bow and arrows. Now, if you all don't mind, we need to formulate a plan to take down the beasties. With this fog, we can keep them blind using Zhiess and Jeff's powers. Using non-long range fighters as a distraction for the All-Seers might be useful this time around like it did on that last beast. That way it won't be looking out for our long-range attacks until it's too late. Complaints? Suggestions? Say them now."

Edited by Kira1

With a disgruntled twist to her lips, she huffed to herself; Sooty wasn't used to being shot down. Her tail flicked as Charin spoke and she brushed her fingertips over the handle of her pistol when the vampire held up her shotgun. No one spoke after Kira had finished, so the leopard sighed and turned her gaze to Zack. She gave him a quick kiss, whispering in his ear to stay safe, just for good measure, and turned her gaze back to the vampire.

"Let's go, then?"

"I...suppose it could work. Still, it's a magic-user and there's a high chance that it'll just brush off the fog and turn us into bits with a flick of its monstrous claws," replied Charin, eyes staring at the ground. She hated having to make eye contact towards those that were more powerful- it gave her an abyss of inferiority complex. Even though it seemed to work, there was always a chance that error may occur.

"Those who don't have any long ranged weapons, get the beasties attention, but be careful that they don't get you. They're poisonous, remember? They are slow, so try to harm them without being harmed yourself," she took aim with her shotgun at the figure of the All-Seer she could see best. "Best get going. No point in delaying this much."

"I'll go help with the distracting," Zhiess said, "since I can use my powers the best if I was closer to the All-Seers."

He stepped towards Sooty since he knew she was one of the ones who would go forward to distract the beasts.

Fraener beckoned Team Dos into the meeting room and stayed silent until they were all seated, or at least attentive.

"So, you lucky Slayers have been assigned the Caster demon. It's like a really big serpent, ten to fifteen feet long and six feet tall. They have venomous fangs and four useless legs that they use for casting spells, which is the real danger. They are powerful magic users, able to cast a great variety of strong spells. Anything from elemental magic to necromancer magic. Casters are incredibly intelligent, and I've heard rumours of them being able to speak."

The dragon paused for effect, and to allow them to think about what they had just been told.

With a grin, he continued. "They move pretty slowly, kind of like a caterpillar. Their source of power is the stones on their bracelets-" he indicated to the jewellery the cave demon was clutching at in the illustration, "-and without them, they're powerless. So get rid of them as soon as you can. They're arrogant, for monsters, and will look down on you, underestimating you and giving you an advantage. Casting spells takes a few moments, so you'll have time to attack between spells. Their hearing's lacking, so you'll be able to get nice and close before he knows you're there, if you're careful about it."

Fraener arched his eyebrows at the Team. "Any questions?"

It seemed like Team Dos was finally starting to move. It was about time; Xtero had started to doze off again. Grumbling out a curse under his breath, he rubbed his eyes as he picked himself up off the floor and moved into the meeting room to stand against the wall. As soon as everyone was in and somewhat listening, Fraener had began to speak.

The necromancer raised an eyebrow at the creature they were suppose to kill. A Caster? A magic using monster...one that could use necromancy. This wasn't boding well for him. "Are these things able to learn magic by watching?" Xtero asked suddenly, prodding a finger at the illustration. He was going to be stuck using his fists again if they kept giving the group monsters that were either resistant to magic or magic users themselves.

((IMPORTANT POST IN THE OOC! READ IT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T YET.)) Edited by WonderBubbles