Some of my favorites are:

-Sing It Loud

-The Maine

-Every Avenue

-A Rocket to the Moon

-Hey Monday

-Stereo Skyline

Also, We The Kings, though that could be argued as known. =3

Here are most bands that (as far as I know) are only known in Belgium where I'm from and deserve more fame (and that I can think of right now biggrin.gif):

absynthe minded

customs

(each of them links to one of their songs ^^)

The Academy Is... and Tesla

Also Giraffes? Giraffes! though not quite as much.

Edited by Cheeze

Crush 40, definitely. I haven't met anyone else who likes/knows them.

some more Belgian bands:

Ghinzu

The Belgian music scene is pretty big - contrary to the country itself ^^.

Edited by timpieh

- sounds kind of like pop-rock and ska mixed. incredible band.

protest the hero - the official genre is "math-core", which is essentially post-hardcore with tons of time changes throughout the song. very complex and VERY talented

i love fun.!!! they are awesome. also, someone mentions Cartel. love them.

Does anyone listen to Emphatic? the are from my homeotwn and are really popular there, but outside of Nebraska, no one knows who they are. they got signed last december and only have a 2 song ep released, but their cd shall come out sometime! check them out, dudes

Spoken

I know the cousin of the drummer. It's a pretty epic band.

The Spill Canvas definitely needs attention ^^

About six or seven months ago, I made a thread asking about them on Gaia and I got one reply- someone who said that they had never heard about them.

I was shocked. They were even less well-known than I thought O_O

Ludo = Love. X3 "Love Me Dead" is a song made of win.

Ahem. Well, no one my own age seems to know Counting Crows, though they're quite popular in general, I think. At least, they were popular in the nineties.

~Feathers

Ahem. Well, no one my own age seems to know Counting Crows, though they're quite popular in general, I think. At least, they were popular in the nineties.

I love Counting Crows! I don't think people my age know all of the things I listen to.

Rush is also an amazing band that is very popular with some people (my dad,) but almost no one my age knows about them. And they've been playing for thirty years!

The Devil Wears Prada for all the metal lovers smile.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

The Devil Wears Prada for all the metal lovers smile.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

that's not metal

or unknown

.... Devil Wears Prada IS NOT metal.

Jamie's Elsewhere for any fans of hardcore/scremo kind of music. If you Chiodos, you will like Jamie's Elsewhere. They're really, really good.

A Skylit Drive are also fantastic. Hardcore/screamo/Progressive. But this isn't your whiny scremo. No. Oh no. They have an epic sound. Definitely have influences of prog. Really awesome band. All the members are pretty young, but know how to play their music. Seeing them live is just amazing. Please listen to them! :-D

Atavan is amazing. I met these guys and they are so nice. I had also never seen them before. Was I pleasantly surprised.

I also love the band A Kidnap In Color. They're local and just fantastic. But they're now called Famous Like You. I like the new stuff, but nowhere near A Kidnap In Color's stuff... Same band pretty much, they just changed names and style. But yeah. But PLEASE listen to Famous Like You's song "Northern Lights"!!! It's so fantastic. Best song by them. It's beautiful. I'd call them "pop rock/rock".

Breathe Carolina. I've seen these guys go from JUST signed and virtually unknown to pretty "big", at least in the way of smaller bands... xd.png Like they're well-known compared to other bands in their category... But their music is so catchy. I love it. Haha. They put on a fun live show too. They're crunk core/electronic/dance/screamo... Haha.

MONORAL. Really, really, really good band. They have a bigger fanbase in South America and Europe... But NO ONE knows about them in the US. They had a song, "Kiri", that was the opening for the anime Ergo Proxy. That's how I heard about them. I went and looked them up to listen to their other stuff and was astounded. The singer has such a good voice. I'd call them alternative/progressive rock.

All The Right Moves. Randomly saw these guys at a show. I was there for another band (Kidnap In Color) but these guys were really good. Definitely not your normal pop-rock. I love the violin! = D Yes! They have a violin player as part of their band! His name is Roman and he's AMAZING! >D

Mark Rose. He's a solo artist who used to be in a band called Spitalfield. My boyfriend is friend's with him, so we went to one of his shows. I was SO impressed with this guy's voice and musical talent. There was hardly anyone there at the show, but he was so good I wish more people could have been there to hear him play.

Gold Motel. Saw them with Mark Rose. I think the singer was from The Hush Sounds.... Yeah. Anyway, another fantastic band. Love their music. I had never heard them until I saw them, and I loved how well they played live. The singer is a girl, and her voice is so amazing an unique. She's one of the few female singers I really like. I love their sound, they're like old rock and rockabilly... Remind me of old music you'd hear on 50's jukeboxes. Like Elvis and such.

Antioquia. Found these guys while wandering around Milwaukee's Summerfest this year. They were this little hippie band with those stainless steel water bottles playing on a tiny stage that was so out of the way, and looked like a tiki hut. And they were fantastic. Another female singer who has a voice I really like. They're like, experimental/tropical... It's like rock and Island music and Latin music and all sorts of awesomeness. Great to dance to! BALIAR!! : D

Safe to say I've heard of all the bands on this page. And seen some of them live. Haha. I've seen Mayday Parade, Every Avenue, and Breathe Electric. Breathe Electric is reeeeeally local. Like, I've seen them play at Knights of Columbus Halls.

xd.png

And @ScaretMoon_Dragon... I've heard of House of heroes. Haha. There's few bands I haven't at least heard of...

I am/was a kind of scene kid. I sort of dressed like one... But I'm not at all mean like them. xd.png But I went to SOOOO many shows. I used to go to at least one show a weekend. And these were mostly local bands, so I've been exposed to "smaller" music.

Edited by Ulquiorra+Cuatro+Espada

Young Guns:

Their music isn't really available in the US. >.> I had to download them all from youtube and strip the audio. Mirrors is available on iTunes for the US and I bought that album. smile.gif

Fferyllt. A mix of Russian Folk/Goth/Symphonic Metal. A bit similar to After Forever and Nightwish.

Dandelion Junk Queens. Gypsy Rock, but not like Gogol Bordello at all.

Looking through this thread and seeing links to MySpace pages and bands who are absolutely HUGE now is really funny, so I'm dragging this up to the top with some new decade jammers :) ❤️

- Ginger Root (genre: 80's CityPop inspired, good suggestions: WeatherLorettaJuban District)

- Jordaan Mason and the Horse Museum (genre: i literally can't describe it it's just good, good suggestions: Racehorse: Get Married!Pharmacy)

Kiltro (they're actually fairly popular in Chile, but I wanted to add them anyway cuz their stuff is incredible and the rest of the world needs to hear it, genre: Latin Urbano, good suggestions: Mi CapitánCuricó)

I might hang around and add more to this thread and try to revive it!! It seems like a wholesome piece of forum history, and if any of you are still here, I hope you enjoy these modern-day picks!! :) ❤️