Unkown Bands

Quiet Drive

Silverchair

Three Doors Down

Ok Go

Relient K

...well, at least where I live.

The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

In The UK The Prodgy have 4 #1 albums, and two #1 singles. I wouldn't call them unknown by any stretch of the imagination. Firestarter was perhaps one of the biggest club songs of it's generation.

Their live show is Epic, btw, and they're still regularly on the festival circuit.

Personaly I'd say Flogging Molly deserve a bit more love. Especially in the UK.

HCR hot chella rae

lilly allen

thats all i can really think of but some lady gaga demos that pepole have never heard of are out there and not on itunes

Dismal Euphony

They disbanded, I believe in 2001, and I've only met one other person who has heard of them before I showed it to them. They were a Norwegian Heavy Metal/Black Metal band and I think they are pretty KA.

Edited by ZanGetsuFuhma

@ energy - you're kidding, right?

Lily Allen- unknown?

Some of you have bizarre standards for what counts as unknown. If you can Google your band and get well over a million results, that probably means they're not unknown. Just sayin'.

Some of you have bizarre standards for what counts as unknown. If you can Google your band and get well over a million results, that probably means they're not unknown. Just sayin'.

Not certain on that score. If I can pull up 30,000 results for the Peatbog Faeries, who are pretty much unknown, then I can see how some slightly better known but still not famous bands might just hit over the million mark. Suffice it to say that if a band has had a chart hit, they're not unknown.

I will grant, though, that a band may be very well known and wildly popular in one country and relatively unknown in another. eg: Terrorvision. Quite a big band in the UK (of their time, anyway) but almost unheard of in the US.

Having just had my mind pinged by the metal genres thread I felt the need to say that Skindred seriously deserve some more love.

The only related band to this i can think of is Lo-bat (8-bit music) but he/she's not really a musician anymore?

And lol at The Prodigy being 'unknown'. I heard Firestarter on the radio just last month and went to a concert of theirs in Febuary.(and I'm listening to their music right now butthatsnotthepoint)

I mean, if I'm hearing them in Australia AND when I was in the U.K I think we can safely say they're not unknown?

I would not say that The Bravery is an unknown band per-say, but it certainly, no one ever seems to recognize thier name when I bring it up in conversation. The Bravery is really an amazing band, more people should give them a listen. (Their genre is Alternative Rock)

Animal Kingdom:

the vocalist voice is mesmerising. I think those who are into Placebo and that sort of music will like this band.

Besides, The Maccabees is a nice british band, their music is very relaxing, always helps me to calm down smile.gif

Also The Ting Tings: they have very dynamic songs, energetic drums + lively vocal.

The Ropes too is a vastly under-rated american band, their style is kinda similar to Garbage and Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Edited by YammiYammi

Ima Robot--indie-punk-dance-awesomeness

The Fratellis-- Crazy, rowdy Scottish indie

The Wombats and The Pigeon Detectives--also good British indie

WOLFMOTHER!!!

They're not entirely unknown, but they deserve infinitely more love than they get. They are Led Zeppelin reborn, I'm not even kidding. If you love classic rock at all you will look up Cosmic Egg (their newest album)

Escape The Fate - not unknown quite well-known but DEFINATLY needs more lurve <3

+1 LOVEEEE!!!!!!!!

These are some that I like but most people I ask have never heard of...

- Blaqk Audio (One of my top 3)

- Ghosts On The Radio (Another of my top 3 favorites)

- Hanoi Rocks

- City Sleeps

- Depeche Mode (There an older band that not many have heard of)

- Emigrate (No one that I know has ever heard of them at least..)

- We Shot The Moon

- Idlewild

- New Order

- Susperia

- Negative

Down With Webster, Breathe Electric, and HeyHiHello! all need some more love.

Lessee... There's only a few bands I like that I'm not sure if anyone else does. (If so, only very few I've met X: )

Vermillion Lies (Met em, they're such lovely women).

Doctor Steel (doctorsteel.com! DOIT. ....He's helped me with homework before, he's a dear.)

Gogol Bordello (...no story here, sadly.)

Before Their Eyes

Versa Emerge

Dommin

Emilie Autumn

Farewell

Freelance Whales

LeATHERMOUTH

And I feel that Apocalyptica needs a wee bit more love in the States...

Oh definitely all the bands I've been in!

King Crimson (maybe not back then, but definitely now)

E Nomine

Kamelot

Stratovarius

Oh censorkip.gif. And I thought I was the only E Nomine fan out thar. xd.png

And, they're not really unknown, quite popular actually, but I only know a grand total of three people who like their music (excluding myself), so I'll toss in the GazettE. X3

Edited by Doomy

zombie girl, hate in the box, aural vampire, Nole, & torsof**k {excuse the language but thats the name of the band} nobody seems 2 know those bands but i lov them