votehim

Dragcave statistics

This is an idea that to my knowledge is original, i searched "statistics' and got nothing like this if i am wrong and this has been done let me know.

Here it is !

Game statistics:

The idea is to show how many dragons there are in the game on a separate page. I.E www.dragcave.net/stats

The data display would be like the eggs it shows the data gathered at the exact moment of click.

Is not important for game it's just something kinda fun

That page would contain all the dragons and sprites by name with how many there are at next to them.

Organization by darkshadow5392

Example:

Red

Released - XX/XX/XXXX

Total Population - XXXX

# of Eggs - XXXX

# of Hatchlings - XXXX

# of Frozen Hatchlings -XXXX

# of Adults - XXXX

# Released - XXXX

Whats your opinion on the matter?

Edited by votehim

I like this idea...while not exactly essential or important to play, it wouldn't be hard to do, I don't think (I think I saw TJ posting some stats about who owns the most ___ dragon in some thread, so it doesn't seem to difficult for him to track/find out that info...) and it would be sort of cool to see.

It would be fun to compare how many of each breed have been born vs how many live currently on scrolls, among other things. (but I'm in psychology and we like that sort of stuff, haha)

Could we even have a section for how many of each breed are in the wild? And how many are grown vs frozen?

Ahhh, so much potential for comparative information for weirdos like me to look at =D

Edit: wow, it's like my brain and my fingers are just not properly communicating tonight! =p

Edited by FireAngel73

If you go looking on one of TJ09's older news posts he lists the stats of dragon cave at that particular point in time.

I've always wanted to know other things like how many dragons are owned by all players, eg: Dragons on dragcave.net: 457,674,476,170

This would be awesome! I've always wanted to see how many dragons I've hatched, raised, released, abandoned, etc.

This would be awesome! I've always wanted to see how many dragons I've hatched, raised, released, abandoned, etc.

it doesn't show how many you have it would show how many all of us together have

and i thought separate page would be better too, but i also wanted to put out all the options

Edited by votehim

i would like this, it's be an interesting little side thing to look at

i think it would be cool if the dragons were listed by release date

i always wanted to know the exact date that some dragons were released

((it would make sense that there would be more mints than horses, since horses are a new breed, so those that join today would be confused as to why they have so few numbers in comparison))

it could have statistics about users and scrolls too

Site started ---

Number of users ---

Average number of dragons/eggs/hatchlings per user

also how many dragons of each species are in the wilderness

example:

Deep Sea

Released - 8/24/09

Total Population - ~~~

# of Eggs - ~~~

# of Hatchlings - ~~~

# of Frozen Hatchlings - ~~~

# of Adults - ~~~

# Released - ~~~

nice idea for nice idea for organizing

and the point was to be an interesting thing for geeks like me

may i put your idea in main post you will get full credit.

Edited by votehim

I wouldn't mind a statistics page if there isn't one already, but dun have it be in the top bar. It'd be far too packed with a stats link...

perhaps it would be

but where should it be ?

Well, it could be a link off your own account page or it could be like how the forum link used to be, if the top is too crowded already...

I would really like to see this.

i'm open to ideas of were it could be placed

Sounds interesting. Not vital, but cool to look at when you have nothing to do but stare at dragon numbers all day xd.png I would let this help me procrastinate ever so much...

again just for geeks like me. not vital, but fun biggrin.gif

it could be a hidden page found by typing in something like

www.dragcave.net/stat

similar to the set up of the wilderness

I remember somebody saying something about there having been previously somewhere available the percentages of various dragons Dropped or some such thing, but that TJ had taken it down, this having been some time prior to the Gold ratios being readjusted.

I have no idea if this was or will be re-posted somewhere accessible, perhaps after the ratios have stabilized.

still open to link placement ideas

It could be down at the bottom with the Terms & Conditions and the donate button. Or it could be where the forum link used to be like FireAngel73 suggested. Make it some thing like "You see a scroll that looks much older than the others." Or "You see a very old tome near the scrolls."

And those probably suck, but just an example xd.png

Edited by TTIOT

or we could have it centered underneath the forums button

or when you get a dragon underneath where lineage is would be a "species statistics" link

I wouldn't mind the link being at the top of the page, along with the rest of the links.

I think seeing the total site statistics is neat, but I'm more interested in my own personal stats. That can't be any harder for the site to find out than the stats for the entire cave. *shrug* Either way would be neat, though.

I love reading those kinds of statistics, the more the merrier.

I also love making more work for other people.

TJ, get to coding! smile.gif

Wonderfull idea!!! ill join in the choir!

but we may also get to see how many dragons there are in the abondoned erea, and how many dragons, eggs F hatcies u have on ur own site too? i mean, isnt that better than to count? at least if u are one of those persons who have 100+ and such?

that could be placed at the bottom of ur page, or by the: u have stolen the following dragons, and then it would just say: u have **** dragons (on ur page)

thats just my idea, or instead of that, we could add a search function on the stats page.

like this:

search: (ur scroll)

and then u will get to see stats like all others have suggested.

one thing though... i think it would be a lot of work, not coding and stuff, but makeing it run, and keeping all the stats on the same place, it could take up a looot of space, and then take loooong to load too.