votehim

Dragcave statistics

In response to cheating off it:

Perhaps it could gather info once a day and after it gathers it post the info from two or three days prior? Close enough to look at for fun but not close enough to reliably cheat off of.

Edited by votehim

Looking at the numbers and figuring out the ratios and finding when the ratio for a rare is low then attempt to breed one and have a higher chance of getting the rare. (it was mentioned a page back)

Edited by votehim

Lol, that seems like a lot of effort, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were people willing to go through all that. I don't know if it's really cheating though, I don't really care either way.

The solution you posted is a good way to solve it. The data could even be gathered once a week, and it would still be really cool.

*necros old topic*

I really like this idea. I don't quite see the point other than it just being cool... but I do like the idea. Tons of sites of a "general statistics" page. Why can't we? This would also be a good place to add the recently suggested count of AP eggs. No real point, but a general statistic.

If it ever gets implemented, I think it should just be a hidden page. We all know how to find the Wilderness, Graveyard, and other hidden pages. Why not add one more to the list?

In response to all the "but wouldn't this make it easier to manipulate ratios" discussion, it would, in theory, but it would also be possible to only make the page update every so often instead of keeping the data up-to-the-minute accurate. That way, we could still get a general idea of numbers, but it wouldn't be exact enough to allow for manipulation.

I don't quite see the point other than it just being cool... but I do like the idea.

It can be useful for people lurking this particular board (Suggestions), as currently many cruicial or even basic statistics for discussion on cave mechanics are kept hidden from the public, rendering much of the discussions moot and turn people toward wild mass guessing, which isn't constructive at all.

Many games have a statistics count, I can specifically show you this, as an example, even if it has nothing to do with DragonCave. It may be overly detailed, yes, but it's much better to have a referential data point, rather than resort to wild mass-guessing.

If a dragon breakdown were to be made, possibly it can be formatted similar to the "Class Breakdown"; I don't think it will be necessarily to make it graphical/display the dragon sprite; just having the columns for "eggs" / "hatchling" / "female hatchling" / "male hatchling" / "female adult" / "male adult" or so will do instead of the Military/Science/Civilian fields there, with levels substituted for the official dragon species name. smile.gif