TJ09

2024-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 18th Birthday!

Can't catch a single one yet. Can't stay up all night trying. 

9 minutes ago, RagaDal said:

Can't catch a single one yet. Can't stay up all night trying. 

My friends haven't had any luck either. Every single event, we wonder exactly why it had to change from continous drops to this "only a couple every 5 minutes thing" it does now.  Nobody seems to have any real answers, just platitudes. 

Happy birthday DC! 

I think the theme in this year is five elements attributes

Gold, wood, water, fire and earth but I'm not sure.

Thank you all for all you’re hard work! 

10 minutes ago, weebleroxanne said:

My friends haven't had any luck either. Every single event, we wonder exactly why it had to change from continous drops to this "only a couple every 5 minutes thing" it does now.  Nobody seems to have any real answers, just platitudes. 

The hourly drop lasted less than a minute. 🙁

Happy birthday DC! Cheers for the years to come! :D 

Got 1 coast in the 05 drop, 1 jungle in 10 drop and 1 forest in 20. Finished a half. Don't give up all!

And how could I mix the dropping types between coast, forest and jungle eggs. Stupid me.:ph34r:

Enough with the 30 second drops. There is literally no good excuse for it. Now that it's 3am, it'll prob start having old eggs mixing soon, just a few hours in the middle of the night (for half the world) into in event.

Congratulations Dragon Cave, you're an adult now, welcome to paying bills and taxes! Here's a cake;

tumblr_831ba93f1db09665e39760f4ce23804a_001f86fa_1280.thumb.jpg.222062c420c4f1703438c2109c666925.jpg

2 minutes ago, Talisraye said:

Enough with the 30 second drops. There is literally no good excuse for it. Now that it's 3am, it'll prob start having old eggs mixing soon, just a few hours in the middle of the night (for half the world) into in event.

Unless it's super rare like stats(4H) otherwise no eggs will mix faster like that? Maybe a few after 1x hour(a normal NR is 16H), but it's brithday so maybe we would have 3 days only NR if they similiar to the previous years?

11 minutes ago, D-wing said:

Unless it's super rare like stats(4H) otherwise no eggs will mix faster like that? Maybe a few after 1x hour(a normal NR is 16H), but it's brithday so maybe we would have 3 days only NR if they similiar to the previous years?

We don't have days of new NRs anymore.

5 minutes ago, Talisraye said:

We don't have days of new NRs anymore.

??? Releases are consistently 16 hrs. It's only been 3 hrs.

Happy Birthday DragonCave! ❤

While I still love the game (I've been playing for 14 years! 😱) and appreciate the hardwork a big release like this one must entail, I have to admit that I am kinda... underwhelmed by this birthday release.

For a while on DC birthdays we had updates that improved QoL, or that introduced new mechanics. But I feel like the game has now been stagnant for years, and many much needed updates are just... not happening.

Not to say that I don't appreciate the pretty new breeds, or the efforts taken to run this site! But sometimes I wish TJ/the site would take a break from more-more-MOAR dragons and just... focus on improving the game, as there are a LOT of things that just don't work well anymore now that we are getting closer to 350 breeds of dragons.

Anyway. Got my 8 new eggs, got my semi-rant out of the way, I'm off. Good luck to everyone who hasn't gotten their fill yet! (Here's a nifty tool to help you out: Cave Shuffle Clock)

2 minutes ago, meeps114 said:

??? Releases are consistently 16 hrs. It's only been 3 hrs.

16 hours isn't days, and I don't the last few non-holidays releases being 16 either. Regardless, having 30 second drops at the height of your release, when you know there's hundreds of people worldwide trying to grab, definitely leaves a sour taste in a lot of mouths.

Hopefully, I'll have better luck later in the day and should just quit bothering to be excited and staying up late just to celebrate since this is how it will be.

Happy Bday, DC. Good night, all.

Wuxing!? Really? That's interesting. Who doesn't love elemental magic? =D

But, anyone else has a feeling that coast's and forest's got swapped by mistake? ^^'

31 minutes ago, Talisraye said:

16 hours isn't days, and I don't the last few non-holidays releases being 16 either.

Okay, but your original comment said old eggs were probably going to start mixing in soon, only 3 hrs into the release. Also, previous drops have been lasting 16 hrs exactly. 

Anyways, hope you have better luck catching eggs tomorrow.

I am stressing out because I can't remember how long the birthday event runs, and I like to catch new release eggs on the first date of release. :raptor:

I have managed to catch some,  but it was difficult: I am on mobile, but the last hourly release, which I was counting on, only lasted 30 seconds at most. The five-minute drops have been too fast for me. It's middle of the night/early morning here, and I'm concerned that by the time I am back in the cave later today that the eggs will be mixing. 

I admit I was hoping for something like maybe a fourth Guardian of Nature :wub: so that we could have two males and two females, or perhaps a way to pin dragons to the front of our scroll alot so that we don't have to continually go in and resort all of our dragons.

Anyway, it is still a fun release! :) I appreciate all of the new eggs, thank you TJ, and thank you to the artists and spriters and creative people who are responsible for the new dragons. ❤️

While everyone is here being cross, I have quietly caught one of each with no real issues, in half an hour.... Just saying. (Concentrating on one biome at a time is good....)

2 hours ago, weebleroxanne said:

When did it change? When I last played in 2011 or so, I remember it as 5 min intervals still

Happy birthday Dragoncave :) 18 years of egg grabbing, dragon raising gun congratulations 

Posted (edited)

Honestly, whenever people bring up the “but other time zones!” thing I get confused? Because from my pov the people who miss out most on the initial release are the people who live in the EST time zone as you guys have to pull all nighters just when people are the most hyped abt the new release. I live in GMT+9 and so whenever new releases drop it’s like 1 pm for me, so it’s not as stressful? My work finishes at 6 pm for me so that’s 5 am EST, which isn’t too bad as there are less ppl? Will someone explain for me as it’s sth that’s been bothering me for a long while now..

Edited by Rosedamai

Man, I'm not getting some of these complaints. I like the fact that there's some difficulty in catching eggs. Thought that was the whole point! There would be no trade market if everything was easy to catch or breed. I missed the stat drop years ago, which was a bummer, but it created a new goal for me in the game. Just cause you may miss a couple eggs within the first few hours of release doesn't mean they're gone forever. 

14 minutes ago, Rosedamai said:

Honestly, whenever people bring up the “but other time zones!” thing I get confused? Because from my pov the people who miss out most on the initial release are the people who live in the EST time zone as you guys have to pull all nighters just when people are the most hyped abt the new release. I live in GMT+9 and so whenever new releases drop it’s like 1 pm for me, so it’s not as stressful? My work finishes at 6 pm for me so that’s 5 am EST, which isn’t too bad as there are less ppl? Will someone explain for me as it’s sth that’s been bothering me for a long while now..

From what I've seen over the last year or so of releases, the timezone issues are worst for people in Australia and New Zealand, and people in Europe. Right now it's 7pm in Aus, and 9pm in NZ. If I still lived in New Zealand, I'd be going to bed about now, before working tomorrow. I still haven't caught a single egg, and a 16 hour drop would be over by the time I had a chance to try again after work. People in Europe are often waking up/going to work several hours into the release (eg. right now it's 11am in Germany, 10am in London, etc). Again, a lot of people will be at work. By the time they finish, the majority US player base will be back online, the release will be close to finished or over, and they still have to contend with extremely short-lived drops on the hour/5 minute mark.

The length of drops has been raised so many times, as has the relative difficulty of finding time to be online to catch if you live outside the US. With a global player base, there is really no reason why the first day of a release shouldn't be 24 hours.