purplehaze

20-Week Breeding Challenge: 2024 -- Sign-ups are OPEN!

Posted (edited)

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): https://dragcave.net/user/EndDragon
Forum Name: End_Dragon
Today's Date: 9th April 2024

Starter Dragon (link and name if named ) : TBA

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/263879-2024-20-week-challenge

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Ember (F) Gonna do Lalopias (F) instead and hellfire (M) stair, because it looks pretty ❤️ Still thinking of a naming theme but it will probably be lyrical!

Edited by End_Dragon

Posted (edited)

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): Scroll

Forum Name: Ceylanka 

Today's Date: April 9th

Starter Dragon (link and name if named ) : TBD

Challenge Group Link (required): Group

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Gonna do a spiral with pure-colored dragons. Mostly BSA dragons but would also add in Black, Aria, Skywing, and maybe  Pyralspite.

Edited by Ceylanka
updating breeding plan

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): https://dragcave.net/user/rinoa26
Forum Name: rinoa26
Today's Date: April 9, 2024

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/263907-20-weeks-2024

Goal (Plan for your lineage): maybe a sprial with Pygmy Deltas and CB Halloweens - but no real plan yet 🤷‍♀️

Posted (edited)

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): My Scroll
Forum Name: LadyMadonna
Today's Date: 9 April 2024

Starter Dragon (link and name if named) : TBA

Challenge Group Link (required): LadyM's Group

Goal (Plan for your lineage): TBD.  I'm thinking of perhaps doing a spiral involving Mistra and Oracle.  Doing mixed breed pairings can result in a total lottery of the egg produced (assuming that they do at least produce), so I'm not going to be precious about which egg to expect.  I'm hoping the colours will look good together whatever pattern they produce . . .  

Edited by LadyMadonna

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): https://dragcave.net/user/BlueCanary1
Forum Name: BlueCanary1
Today's Date: 4/10/2024

Starter Dragon (link and name if named ) : TBD

Challenge Group Link (required): https://dragcave.net/group/263975-100-day-challenge-uxwxa

Goal (Plan for your lineage): I think this is going to be an undine X white X amalthean staircase of some venture. If they hybrid, very cool! If they alt, very cool! Hopefully that will help me complete the encyclopedia entry for undines and amaltheans. Hybrids will be bread to undines, that way each generation has a chance of one of my uncompleted entries, with whites added as needed. Now to think of a naming scheme. 

@purplehaze

I'd love to join, however I'm very new to DC and don't have much in the way of valuable dragons/eggs I could offer as prizes (or even know what's considered popular/valuable), and don't want to offer something that people might not want. Would it be possible to participate without offering a prize (and therefore not getting a prize in return of course), or should I offer something like "any pair bred on request"?

I'm not purplehaze, but you can offer anything at all. Offer one from the lineage you breed for the challenge - lots of people love to collect these. Or any pair bred on request - I've done that (as people have got tired of 2 gens from my prize :D )

@Razzmatazz2 Fuzzbucket is right. It is really not so important what you offer.

I do hope you will join us.

Posted (edited)

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): In signature
Forum Name: Mistywolf3628
Today's Date: 4/12/2024

Starter Dragon (link and name if named ) Fool's Diamond

Challenge Group Link (required): Group - 20 Week Breeding Challenge 2024 - Dragon Cave (dragcave.net)

Goal (Plan for your lineage): A 1 step spiral lineage with gemshards and red dragons, with gemshards in the middle and reds on the outside. I thought it could be a fun challenge to see if I can keep up with breeding on the same day each week, but l might also just have a random color pattern for the gemshards, we'll see 😁

Edited by Mistywolf3628

Posted (edited)

Participant's List updated to here.

I am really glad to see new players as well as returning challengers.

It's also fun to see everyone's plans for their lineage.

@rinoa26 I think you need to make your group public. The link is not working.

Edited by purplehaze

38 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

@rinoa26 I think you need to make your group public. The link is not working.

Oops, sorry. Should be fixed now :)

A New Challenger Enters!

Scroll Link (optional): Scroll
Forum Name: purplehaze
Today's Date: 4/14/2024

Challenge Group Link (required): Group

Goal (Plan for your lineage): Spiral with pygmies of some sort -- maybe Pargulus would be fun.

* Once again I am entering just for fun but will disqualify myself from the top prizes no matter where I finish in the standings. *

Posted (edited)

A New Challenger Enters! 

Scroll Link (optional): Gosling

Forum Name: Gosling

Today's Date:  15th April

Starter Dragon (link and name if named): TBA

Challenge Group Link (required):  Tara Gillespie's Scrool

Goal (Plan for your lineage):  I've not played Dragcave in literally a decade, so nothing too complex – a staircase, avoiding inbreeding – named after the opening of my favourite fanfiction

Edited by Gosling

Participants list updated to here.

I know that one of the starting CBs has to be stolen on/after May 5th, but does that apply to all the CBs? E.g. can I prep appropriate CBs in advance for later gens?

Quick question, can we change our lineage goal once the challenge has started? Or do we have to stick to the same one we originally had?

4 hours ago, Mistywolf3628 said:

Quick question, can we change our lineage goal once the challenge has started? Or do we have to stick to the same one we originally had?

You can change, but if you change mid-challenge, it might set you back. ;)

5 hours ago, Mistywolf3628 said:

You can change, but like Lagie says it may set you back if you can't use the dragons you started with.

Just now, purplehaze said:

You can change, but like Lagie says it may set you back if you can't use the dragons you started with.

Got it, I was thinking more along the lines of if I get the wrong breed or color from a pairing since I'm planning on using gemshards with a different breed (lots of different ways that could go lol)

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Gosling said:

I know that one of the starting CBs has to be stolen on/after May 5th, but does that apply to all the CBs? E.g. can I prep appropriate CBs in advance for later gens?

You can do that. The only reason for requiring one of the starting pair to be stolen on the starting day or after is to be sure that no one gets an early start with the breeding. You can certainly use any CBs you already have on your scroll for later gens.

5 minutes ago, Mistywolf3628 said:

Got it, I was thinking more along the lines of if I get the wrong breed or color from a pairing since I'm planning on using gemshards with a different breed (lots of different ways that could go lol)

The best laid plans...don't always work out the way you thought they would. As long as you maintain a cohesive pattern (stair, spiral) there is no problem with changing the way you use the different breeds within that pattern. Sometimes people are determined to stick with the original plan no matter how far behind they get. Other people are more interested in breeding the longest lineage they can even if it doesn't match the plan as originally conceived.

Edited by purplehaze

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Other people are more interested in breeding the longest lineage they can even if it doesn't match the plan as originally conceived.

*raises hand*

in my case, it's the CB 'pairs' in the way i have them set up that I like doing.  I've been working on these pairs for this challenge already.  i need more CB dragons, it would seem.  and names.  more names!

Trystan Barnard & Tristan Barnard are the final dragons in these lineages that were started in this breeding challenge. :D 

13 hours ago, Gosling said:

No, -EVERY- CB in the lineage does -NOT- have to be dated May 5 or after. Only one (not both) of the base starting dragons has to be on/after May 5. :)