Murkydepths

Slight edit to leviathan encyclopedia

Encyclopedia definitions are used in dragon requests, they set the limits on what counts as a type of dragon.

Current leviathan encyclopedia:

image.png.07e5fb2b0431a5c46030ed6e3433f85a.png

The main requirement is living in water, but we have multiple leviathans that swim through other substances. Stratos (air), Arrakyma (sand) and now Lalopias (lava)

Suggestion is to change the definition slightly to account for this, perhaps the requirement being that leviathans swim rather than walk? Or could just add 'typically' in front of waterfaring, and mention some leviathans dwell elsewhere.

You know TJ has said just recently that  he isn't adjusting their definition.

That was before we had another lev that does not (only) swim through water, Fuzz. Murky created that thread, and she's well aware of what TJ said.

I agree that a small change of words is worth considering. Locomotion vs. environment, or at least the potential for other environments. ("Typically waterfaring", as suggested. A single word change.)

Posted (edited)

IMO this suggestion is different enough and a much smaller change than the other thread. It's worth putting it forward for TJ's consideration. I support it

Edited by meeps114

19 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You know TJ has said just recently that  he isn't adjusting their definition.

Yes that was a change to the whole definition that would require re-categorising a couple of zombies. This is a minor edit that's not changing the definition, just clarifying something that is already allowed.

Support - I think having three non-water breeds categorised as leviathans merits a tweak to the encyclopedia. The definition is inaccurate.

Support! Either proposed option would be good and help clarify what makes Leviathans different from other dragons.

Support! The current description does not reflect the dragons that fall into the category, so it's natural to want it adjusted.