LostinEcho

About black sweetling

Hello, guys! I’m sorry, don’t want to bother , but I’m still thinking about my great mistake

Is there any chance of getting a black sweetling ? I remember the day when there was a dc bug and the eggs disappeared in 2010. But since it was morning for me and I didn't go to sleep like most forum people . I caught new eggs , they disappeared and I caught new ones in panic ! and they turned out to be pink. I'm so sorry I didn't wait like everyone else. I'm sure there were also those who didn't notice this bug with the loss at all and just went to bed, and in the morning they turned out to be happy owners of black sweetlings … So I wander if it’s any chance to get them again? 
Sorry guys for spelling, hope you can understand my pain and thank you 

No there isn't. The ONLY people who have them are the people who were affected by the glitch in 2010 and didn't catch fresh eggs. Nobody else will ever be able to and this will never EVER change. TJ and Kila, who created them and gave her original alt up as a gift to people affected by the glitch, have made this very clear...

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Thank you, ❤️Fuzz for explaining! That’s not fair 😕 I’ve noticed there are some people with 2 colours in their scroll already ! Why it’s not everyone …. 

You should have followed the discussion when that was all changed. It is as fair as it could be, in the circumstances.

Variant determination

During their initial release, a bug during the early hours of the 14th caused all caught eggs to auto-abandon. As an apology, the affected scrolls were marked to receive an alternate color of Sweetling. These users would hatch Sweetlings with a black and red color scheme, with a skull and crossbones on their flank. Alternate Sweetlings were designed to represent "Singles Awareness Day," or "SAD."

Currently, alternate Sweetlings can only be obtained by users who were affected by the 2010 auto-abandon bug, and only if the Sweetling's father was black alt Sweetling. If either of these conditions is not met, it will result in the standard pink coloration.

Note: Even after hatching, an alt Sweetling will revert to the standard Sweetling coloring if the hatchling is transferred to a non-alt scroll.

and also:

Yeah, I wasn't affected by the bug, so no black alts for me, but that is the reason why I try to get new releases when they first come out, in case something like that ever happens again.

50 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

Yeah, I wasn't affected by the bug, so no black alts for me, but that is the reason why I try to get new releases when they first come out, in case something like that ever happens again.

Considering the backlash that happened, I highly doubt that it would happen again and hind sight is 20/20.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You should have followed the discussion when that was all changed. It is as fair as it could be, in the circumstances.

Variant determination

During their initial release, a bug during the early hours of the 14th caused all caught eggs to auto-abandon. As an apology, the affected scrolls were marked to receive an alternate color of Sweetling. These users would hatch Sweetlings with a black and red color scheme, with a skull and crossbones on their flank. Alternate Sweetlings were designed to represent "Singles Awareness Day," or "SAD."

Currently, alternate Sweetlings can only be obtained by users who were affected by the 2010 auto-abandon bug, and only if the Sweetling's father was black alt Sweetling. If either of these conditions is not met, it will result in the standard pink coloration.

Note: Even after hatching, an alt Sweetling will revert to the standard Sweetling coloring if the hatchling is transferred to a non-alt scroll.

and also:

In this determination I still don’t see what about those who was affected by bug but caught the new one in a some minutes later … like me ! Cause I was affected too… But may be there are some information in topic like Fuzz said. I still think this situation is not fair because there are users with both colours!  

Thanks guys, I see that there’s no way to change it 

38 minutes ago, Starscream said:

Considering the backlash that happened, I highly doubt that it would happen again and hind sight is 20/20.

I’m also hoping for this situation to happen again :) it would be great to have an exclusive colour for common users , at least one dragon … 

1 hour ago, LostinEcho said:

I still think this situation is not fair because there are users with both colours!

I agree -- and I am one of those with Alts who can have both colors. I would have preferred it stayed the way it was. But there is no point in stirring up all the controversy again. I don't think TJ will be changing his mind again about this.

IMO Kila giving up her black alt sweetling to victims of the glitch was way too much of a gift and should've never happened at all. At most TJ could've given an extra day to catch the eggs (or a third slot) to make up for the chaos. But what's done is done. We'll have to accept that it'll never be possible to have the alts available for everyone. 

1 hour ago, LostinEcho said:

I still think this situation is not fair because there are users with both colours! 

I agree. Those of us who have the black, should only have the black. But since we can get both, I feel that the alt sweetlings should breed "true" and that non alt scrolls can get that same opportunity. frankly, I feel guilty that I can have both. If I woke up tomorrow and found that all the pinks I have went black, or that people suddenly had black sweetlings, I'd be fine with that.

That's a very noble response from you. I would be glad if we all had the right to choose and leave the only one colour :)! In any case, I'm not mad at those who have two colours, I was just upset about my mistake and the nerves😅 that hurried me to catch a replacement! Thank you for your opinion, friends ❤️

47 minutes ago, Starscream said:

I agree. Those of us who have the black, should only have the black. But since we can get both, I feel that the alt sweetlings should breed "true" and that non alt scrolls can get that same opportunity. frankly, I feel guilty that I can have both. If I woke up tomorrow and found that all the pinks I have went black, or that people suddenly had black sweetlings, I'd be fine with that.

Closing as this has been answered and is rapidly devolving into a suggestion.

Edited by LadyLyzar