FuecocoBoi09

ANSWERED:Allow us to see other’s sent/received cookies

Cookie sending is possibly the best holiday event. It always feels good receiving cookies, and even better sending some. Right now, if you click on the 2020 Holiday Event icon in your badges, you get to gaze lovingly at your sent/given cookies. But when in other’s scrolls, that is not the case.

No support, sorry. Since cookies have been private for years, people have been sending them with the assumption that only the recipient will see them. Suddenly making something that used to be private public could cause trouble in a lot of ways.

For example, I've received a cookie with art of a dragon request of mine that is on the completed list. Since dragons on the completed list should not be displayed anywhere public, this would become an issue for me. I'd imagine other people may have received cookies from friends depicting private projects, in-jokes, etc. that they also would prefer no one else know about.

I rather agree - and I wouldn't want to look at anyone else's anyway - what for ?

I think this could be great with an option to opt out - or better yet, select what cookies you want to be publicly displayed. But that might be too complicated (?

i want this but to be able to select what cookies to display because my "sent" is a mess for even myself to view (especially in the first year when I participated a lot - and when cloning was possible). But then I also want to display the really good cookies I received, so if there can be a showcase that I can pick what to put in that'd be neat

no idea about complication, coming from a software engineer perspective I feel like it should't be hard to code, but it's all up to TJ anyways.

No support for similar reasons as Sev- I definitely have sent cookies I'd rather just belong to the recipient, as well as I've sent IRL jokes that I don't need the rest of the world to know about (and I've sent art of DRs, which really shouldn't be visible). Displaying maybe only one that you yourself made would be a much better option for me (that you could choose), since it would be more of a showing off my ability to cookie rather than displaying someone else's art, which feels weird, especially without their permission.

Honestly, I see where the request comes from, as I have cookies I would love to display. However, with them being private for years, I think it is too late for such a change.

Honestly, it’d be a bit weird for me. Like the 2014 Valentines messages suddenly becoming public. 

Edited by blah

No support for just having all of everyone's cookies be visible for reasons others have already mentioned. 

But I can see choosing what cookies people would want to be public, like a cookie display case, or opting

out of it if they so choose. 

The only way I would remotely support this is if the recipient, and sender both agree that the cookie can be made public. Which someone suggested, a public display check box. Quite a few are made as inside jokes. I know there are loads of phenomenal cookies out there, created by incredibly skilled artists; but there are also threads that there just for the sole purpose of showing off. Otherwise, no support.

Edited by Starscream

If anything, it might be worth making a similar mini game but with alterations. Like a valentines card drawing, where it’s public from start. (With a warning of the mechanic so people don’t assume wrongly.)

I'm neutral about that. Sometimes I would curious about other's cookies, but I would lost the interested if they have a lot same cookies too( I know it's high technical but...:ph34r: ) So if it will let other feel distress then no.

I wouldn't mind a cookie display, but agree with others I wouldn't want all my cookies suddenly viewable.

I support, however like mentioned above it'd be better if we could filter/choose which cookies we want to show

Edited by Iveolra

I think it is too late to start this now. If they had always been public that would be different.

It might be okay if the default setting is private and you have to set it to public if you want to share.

Taking things created under an expectation of them being private and making them viewable by everyone is not something I plan to do.

If you wish to show off your cookies, or see what others have made, there's a thread in Site Discussion: