Ponystar17

Pagination for Holiday Cookie Decoration

As someone who's been active in the holiday cookie events since the first year, my cookies page gets increasingly laggy with every year (and my PC and internet are both decent by gaming standards, so I'd imagine it's a lot worse for people with cheaper/older computers, on mobile, or with slow internet).

Could we have some kind of multi-page system for cookies so our browsers don't have to load them all at once, or some other optimization to improve performance when making/sending cookies and checking to see if you've received any new ones?

I was more thinking like a cookie display box that sorts by what year you got the cookie in

Posted (edited)

I really like that idea. This is quickly becoming my favourite of the holiday minigames and I'd be a shame if it got laggy. Full support!

Edited by Zonnedauw

Support! This is my favorite minigame, and I want to keep sending lots of cookies, but it's starting to take some time to scroll down to see the cookies I've received. I'd also love to be able to see which ones I sent/received in which year. (Or "holiday season", since the event continues through New Year's day.)

support! I'd be cool to see the cookies sorted in years, or at least pages, so it isn't laggy.

I'd personally prefer an option to delete cookies, or to hide them (i.e. make displaying them optional) - but that's just me.

I play on mobile and even the FoE and ToT pages sometimes lag my phone with the amount.

But if multipages would help, I'm all for it

Wait was this just added?

image.png.94001e7c0f08bfa1fb05dbde80aefc15.png

it also shows in the cookies recieved

Oh neat xD though, should have been more clear I was more suspecting to have like, 3 cookies on display and then clicking a link to go to a different page but >.>

Posted (edited)

I do appreciate the years split but it definitely doesn't fix the lag issue of the page which was sort of the main point of this suggestion...

This also wouldn't fix the lag but I would really like to be able to jump to received cookies from the top with one click.

On 1/5/2024 at 1:07 PM, MoonlightEevee said:

Oh neat xD though, should have been more clear I was more suspecting to have like, 3 cookies on display and then clicking a link to go to a different page but >.>

And this is a really neat idea, if I imagine there were like displays per year and you could maybe select 4 favourite cookies from the year to display -> click on display to load rest of that year. Or even without displays per year (since it would be sad for people that missed some years to have less of them or worse have empty displays) and just maybe one shared for your sent cookies and received cookies and be able to select favourites from all years into that. 

Orr....another alternative for the page to just display current year's cookies (even though for some people that might still cause quite the lag) and for the previous years you would need to go to another page. 

Edited by Alwerien