missy_

Harkfrost Breeding Plans and Your Favorite Pairings

Now that our brand new dragons have grown up, we can share our breeding plans, favorite pairings, and ideas. :) 

I'm thinking they would look great with green Gemshards and Citrine Gemshards! Autumn might be pretty, and Silver.

Royal Crimsons might look gorgeous as a contrasting color!

What are your breeding plans for the new Harkfrost?

I might breed a 2g from my bronze tin. I think the bronze would look very pretty next to the harkfrost green.

I tried an Equinox pairing but I'm not convinced.

Harkfrost x Bronze Shimmer does look wonderful though.

Posted (edited)

I am not completely decided as to what the very most attractive pairings would be, silver would be nice, as would blue/silver sonatas,

a gold/bronze/(shiny-brown-ish) partner would be nice too 🤔 

After they were released I was discussing a trade with someone and they wanted a B. Tin x Hark pairing…..

they would also look good with reds for the contrast, or greens/vines/Gaia xeno for a more colour-matched pairing…..

and regular Golds or Gold Wyverns would be pretty too…..

blacks would make for an interesting contrast…….

im just musing, I haven’t bred a 2G mate for a checker Hark lineage yet…. But thinking about things for a long time before actually doing them is pretty common for my general habitude….. 🤔 

a blue coloured mate would be attractive too, be it blue Neb, Elix Lucis, blue Zyu, moonstone or now that I think about it, any colour saph would be nice…..

so many pretty combinations, so little time to breed holiday dragons 😅 

Edited by CandraCat

I was vaguely considering blazebacks, since they both have the orange details and kind of opposite diagonal lines in their poses. 

https://chazza.me/dc/lineage-builder/view/eff36fb8b7fba63ca42202faeeb1645bcf5b4fd9

That or Aeons but I'm not sure I'll be able to get CB aeons. Blazebacks may be more achievable. 

https://chazza.me/dc/lineage-builder/view/5dd7296157e51a6fa06292ef868e45ba049c34c3

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Skadi said:

I might breed a 2g from my bronze tin. I think the bronze would look very pretty next to the harkfrost green.

Stealing my ideas. Maybe we can bloodswap.

And x Green Cantomaris.

Edited by FuecocoBoi09

Right now my current plan is Harkfrost x Stratos; I actually really like all of the stratos colors with them, so I'm excited! I just need to get some CB stratos first but I'm focusing on some other projects at the moment.

On 1/2/2024 at 1:19 AM, Skadi said:

22 hours ago, FuecocoBoi09 said:

Stealing my ideas. Maybe we can bloodswap.

I think they look absolutely gorgeous with Tinsels. 😍 Unfortunately, my Tinsel is a male ... but he looks great with Light Weavers! :wub:

10 hours ago, Edenello said:

Right now my current plan is Harkfrost x Stratos; I actually really like all of the stratos colors with them, so I'm excited! I just need to get some CB stratos first but I'm focusing on some other projects at the moment.

Oh that's a great idea, especially with them both changing with the time of day!

Posted (edited)

I like how the boreals pick up the bit of blue in the harkfrost

Also citrine gem, lotaan,  venturis, or mageia for  squiggly lineages 

maybe gold, though harvest dragon or imperial fleshcrowne are interesting substitutes for gold

perhaps the orange pyro

I agree on sonatas, maybe blue or gold for me

I think undines might be a surprisingly nice match, pity there can't be cb yellow undines too :P

So many choices, I don't know where to begin!

Edited by Tawanda001
spaces

You know, I wasn't convinced they'd look good together until I tried it for someone's breeding request, but they do look nice with Terraes!

I love them with yellow Sapphires. IMG_9835.thumb.jpeg.02ba4348116d6f36af55b973363c90ff.jpeg

& maybe Gaia. I say maybe, because we’ll have new releases throughout the year & I might find something I love more. 

Edited by mishhelle
because I can’t post anything without typos