Alexiel Dragoness

ANSWERED:Is there a way of get/catching eggs you've breed?

Go to solution Solved by Moriaty,

Hey,

I've bred some Christmas dragons, and of the eggs produced I could only keep one, as it is usual.

However, I see several eggs were not caught by anyone and they are going to die. Is there any way of catching them to save them?

I had the idea that it was possible to do, I just don't know how.

Thanks in advance!

If you bred them, you can only pick them up if someone else picked them up and then abandoned them - not if you were the last person to abandon (including auto-abandon) them. But they probably won't die - don't panic. And you will still have to find them in the AP - which is moving very fast. I don't know when you bred - but the ones there now were bred on 25th.

32 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If you bred them, you can only pick them up if someone else picked them up and then abandoned them - not if you were the last person to abandon (including auto-abandon) them. But they probably won't die - don't panic. And you will still have to find them in the AP - which is moving very fast. I don't know when you bred - but the ones there now were bred on 25th.

I think it must be impossible to find them in the AP,  there must be thousand of bred eggs there! Is it not possible to get them by their code or something?

If you hover over an egg in the AP, you can see its code. Other than that - no.

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If you hover over an egg in the AP, you can see its code. Other than that - no.

Oh 😔 I had hopes that there was a way to get them.

I remember once I abandoned one egg by mistake,  told here in the forums and someone caught it for me. But how they did it I don't know, seems hard to do!

Posted Solution

15 minutes ago, Alexiel Dragoness said:

I remember once I abandoned one egg by mistake,  told here in the forums and someone caught it for me. But how they did it I don't know, seems hard to do!

It is indeed hard to do - but you can kind of predict the time when the egg enters AP by comparing its time left to the AP's current time left, and then when the hour hits simply refresh forever to wait for it to show up. It's how people catch 2g spriter's altkins and 2g thuweds too

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If you bred them, you can only pick them up if someone else picked them up and then abandoned them

As Fuzz said, you can only pick up your own abandoned eggs if someone else first picks them up and abandons them again.

This mechanic is specifically meant so you cannot catch your own bred eggs - to 'share the joy' around Christmas but also in general. This is purposeful and there is no 'easy' way to get them back, and please note that it is not permitted to 'harass' users that do catch the eggs.