Metafarers

Display Egg Sprites in Cave for New Players Until They Have Possessed That Egg

Okay this originally was a joke thought but I think it could be a lot of fun for newbies and getting them excited about the game without giving anyone a disadvantage.

Imagine if the eggs in the cave displayed the sprite for that egg until the player has collected one of those eggs before. Then, those eggs become the question mark sprite! This makes it easier for newbies to spot eggs they have never owned before, and with the vanishing egg sprite, would be a way to direct newbies to learning the egg descriptions instead. I don't think this would lead to people cheating with alt accounts so much, because as soon as you have picked up an egg of that type, the sprite will never display again. So you can't abandon and trade away eggs and still see the sprite.

Thoughts?

As I said in the other thread, either mystery eggs for all or eggs revealed for all. No support for this either. 

I'd only want to see images for all players or no players, not some players or conditional.

This don't adress accessibility problems with mystery egg and text reading speed and text memory hunting, which is to me main reason for change to image hunting

I know image hunting games work good for others, DC AP also works better than DC biomes for me, I never know what to click in DC biomes if it's not NR flood, I prefer full image hunting change, not conditional like others above

Not saying that I hate the idea, but I'd still favor the descriptions staying afterwards if the images are implemented for the sake of those who are colorblind. 

Edited by Rosedamai

This reminds me of a thread that was almost the opposite….

a player suggested that the egg sprite would be displayed, admittedly I can’t recall if it was suggested if you had ‘owned’, ‘seen’ or ‘unlocked’ this egg in the encyclopedia. It may have been clear in that thread, it doesn’t seem clear in this thread.

while I feel it would be less advantage to a player who has never owned this egg and herego doesn’t know how valuable it may or may not be, I mean, you can only own a gold egg for the first time once….

I didn’t support the other idea for reasons aside from an advantage/disadvantage viewpoint. I’m not anything close to what could be even remotely considered a programmer myself, but I still think that it would offer more work in coding than it would reap in interest.

I hear you with the it would immediately let you know if it’s a brand new egg you’ve never seen before, which could be exciting, but I don’t see the pay-off as being worth it, and I feel like it would. E hypocritical to support this for noobs when I spoke against it for experienced players 🤷‍♀️ 

No support. Not only because the others said it might cause more pressure on server/coding, only showed means it encourage people get the CB rare in the first one otherwise their advantage would be removed. I don't think it's good for newer, maybe it would let them have extra pressure when receive a gift/join activities like SS. So no.