KageSora

Show when you killed dragons on help page

Basically, treat "kill" the same way "freeze" is treated.

Freeze lists which dragon you froze when over the past 2 weeks, so you can anticipate when you get your frozen slots back.

I think it would be convenient to do the same for kill slots.

The argument could be made "just check dead dragons to see when they were killed" but that doesn't seem like a reason not to show it because you can do the same for your frozens.

Mostly I think it would just be nice to have all of the data in one spot to quickly reference them all at once instead of checking manually on each of them.

It'd be useful for zombie-making, I think.

Support. This would be really useful and there's already a precedent with freeze slots. It just makes sense.

Also support  - it seems logical and would be helpful.

Since it only lists if you actually killed something, people who don’t, won’t be spammed. I can stand behind that.

5 hours ago, Charity322 said:

Doesn't the egg/tombstone stay on your scroll for the two weeks anyway?

It does but you can also have dragons that died of other causes besides being manually killed which will also have their tombstones or eggshells on your scroll for 2 weeks.  Having the kill dates listed on the help page the same way frozen dates are would mean not having to manually check every single dragon to see what it died of and when it died then calculating when you'll get those slots back.

It's basically asking for the same convince of info for kill slots as is provided already for freezing, it's inconsistent that despite both being able to be checked manually on your scroll or the action log freeze also has a specific listing but kill does not.

I thought all kills counted though?

Like, if you use EQ after all your kills, you’ll still see deaths. However, if eggs die, it will also add that death as the latest kill to the cool down..?

I might be wrong about this though, as I’ve never used kills intentionally. But I believe I’ve read that it counts somewhere. 

1 hour ago, inghelene said:

I thought all kills counted though?

Like, if you use EQ after all your kills, you’ll still see deaths. However, if eggs die, it will also add that death as the latest kill to the cool down..?

I might be wrong about this though, as I’ve never used kills intentionally. But I believe I’ve read that it counts somewhere. 

I thought it was basically reset by calculating the 5 most recent kills, not that it keeps stacking time indefinitely so that you could potentially have months without a kill slot because you killed so many eggs with EQ or Bite?  Since the help page says "5 times every 2 weeks" and all.

So a kill count list would just show you the relevant deaths relating to the calculation of when your slots free up.

If that isn't the case and it can potentially deprive you of kill slots longer than 2 weeks, that should be clarified.

(Also I feel the help page should be updated to indicate, as it currently does not, that failed Bites and EQs will take up a kill slot.)

20 hours ago, KageSora said:

It does but you can also have dragons that died of other causes besides being manually killed which will also have their tombstones or eggshells on your scroll for 2 weeks.  Having the kill dates listed on the help page the same way frozen dates are would mean not having to manually check every single dragon to see what it died of and when it died then calculating when you'll get those slots back.

It's basically asking for the same convince of info for kill slots as is provided already for freezing, it's inconsistent that despite both being able to be checked manually on your scroll or the action log freeze also has a specific listing but kill does not.

You get a lot more dead dragons than I do lol. Dead stuff on my scroll is rare.

34 minutes ago, KageSora said:

I thought it was basically reset by calculating the 5 most recent kills, not that it keeps stacking time indefinitely so that you could potentially have months without a kill slot because you killed so many eggs with EQ or Bite?  Since the help page says "5 times every 2 weeks" and all.

So a kill count list would just show you the relevant deaths relating to the calculation of when your slots free up.

If that isn't the case and it can potentially deprive you of kill slots longer than 2 weeks, that should be clarified.

(Also I feel the help page should be updated to indicate, as it currently does not, that failed Bites and EQs will take up a kill slot.)

Yeah, that’s a better wording of what I meant. 
Just misread the previous comment to mean kills counted but not deaths by bsa. 😅

1 hour ago, Charity322 said:

You get a lot more dead dragons than I do lol. Dead stuff on my scroll is rare.

Yeah, wanting all the zombie sprites does mean having to have a lot of dead things at times, especially around the Halloween season in order to maximize odds.  Especially as even at max boost its hardly 100% so you can't rely on having one dragon of each type you want and may need to have several of them.

Wanting all the sprites in general also means being forced to risk dead eggs from getting dragons that can only be obtained using BSAs or actions that have a kill % risk.

There's also neglected dragons, but many of those die from timing out rather than being killed.

Personally, at this point I never have a dead dragon on my scroll that wasn't a result of a deliberate attempt to get a different sprites like zombies and vamps.  Been absolutely ages since I lost anything accidentally or to malicious viewbombing (though there have been attempts made).

I don't think this sort of feature would greatly help those who get a lot of accidental dead dragons--it's more for those of us who are intentionally risking dragons because the game forces you to do so to obtain certain sprites.

In the Actions list you can check your kills among the many others. Not convenient for tracking mass kills, but it's there so you can add your data to a file if you want anytime.

3 hours ago, Darth Krande said:

In the Actions list you can check your kills among the many others. Not convenient for tracking mass kills, but it's there so you can add your data to a file if you want anytime.

Right, but the same thing can be said for frozen dates so why do we have a separate listing for those?

It would make more sense to also list kills, or at least the ones currently being counted for kill slot purposes depending on how that stuff is handled.  The game clearly knows when you'll start getting slots back even if it doesn't tell you clearly