TJ09

2023-10-04 - Trick or Treat Submissions

9 minutes ago, Kaini said:

No, it is not. Since Halloween submissions were opened in 2019, this line has always been in the rules:

I was referring to Trick or Treat in general. This might have been more strictly enforced when submissions became open in 2019 (which I would consider relatively recent on the DC timeline). In 2012, this was apparently not the case, or in 2017. Although, people rarely submitted anything that wasn't fitting the theme either way, so the boundaries were never really tested.

Edited by Ashywolf

I have a great idea for a egg this year, but lack the skills to do it myself.  Anyone looking for some inspiration?  Message me!

Also unsure if it has been done previously, but don't see one similar.

5 hours ago, spatio said:

Hey all, with the deadline coming up pretty soon, please make sure your submissions meet the criteria outlined in TJ's post!  Little things like making sure your treats are cropped (no extra background around the edges), your shading does not use anti-aliasing (in other words, make sure you use a "pencil" tool that does not blend or blur the colors you are shading with), etc.  

Should folks assume then that submissions that don't meet these criteria have already been sent back, and the artist informed of such? There are not many days left before the deadline for people to make changes, so if things are still pending review that's cutting down the feedback time. I see lots of questions about this each year.

6 hours ago, Ashywolf said:

Should folks assume then that submissions that don't meet these criteria have already been sent back, and the artist informed of such? There are not many days left before the deadline for people to make changes, so if things are still pending review that's cutting down the feedback time. I see lots of questions about this each year.

I honestly don't know.  It depends on how far through the submissions the review staff have gotten.

If you notice that the treat you submitted had these issues, though, your best bet is to go ahead and fix them, then resubmit, even if you haven't heard back yet.

17 hours ago, Ashywolf said:

If you have received no response, your treat is still pending feedback. It should be updated about once a day with the deadline approaching.

If you have a received a 'thank you' no further action is needed on your submission.

If you have received a response that includes advice/request for changes, then action is needed for your submission to be accepted.

thank you so much for all this ❤️

Happy Halloween