Haloclimb

Allow mobile users to view more dragons

A constant pain I have when using DC on mobile is that we are restricted to viewing 50 dragons per page. In the settings, this says it's to save cellular bandwidth which is a nice option, but it should be that. An OPTION, not the only choice. The data DC takes up compared to say, a single YouTube video, is miniscule.

I propose adding the option to view more dragons, keeping the 50 dragon view as a default. Even having two more options, such as viewing 100 and 250 dragons at a time, would do wonders for going through scrolls on mobile.

I think I remember there being a reason for the low number of dragons shown, but I've always held the belief that you should let the user choose to view more of [object] if they think their device can handle it, so I add my support to this suggestion gladly.

support. it's a little silly that the breeding page will throw in allllll my dragons of one gender on one page, but i can't choose to see so many in the regular view 😆

Incidentally, on tablets it displays the full 500 or whatever you selected on a desktop skin, but since it's technically mobile it still won't let you change the number of dragons and says it's limited to 50 despite being false. So, freedom of dragon count would remove that little inconvenience too.

Support! I've got a better grasp of my dragons' placements on their pages in desktop view, and mobile view's fewer dragons and more page numbers throws me off a little, so I'd appreciate the option to keep it about as close to desktop as I can, just for convenience.

Yes please just yes. This would be so so so helpful for so many reasons. I also like the 50 minimum increased to 100/150 and then 250 as I think that sounds plausible enough for most mobile devices? Maybe 500 could be an option too or something

Support. It's so much easier to find my dragons on a computer at 500/page than it is to have to check hundreds* of pages for what I'm looking for.

*I'm "only" at ~160 pages on mobile right now, but my scroll keeps growing, and I know others have so many more than I do.

Support! These days, most devices can handle a lot more than 50 dragons; as OP said, think of all the video platforms that are primarily used on mobile! As someone who lives in a place where 5G is both ubiquitous and affordable, this restriction seems like a relic of the past.

5 hours ago, Aie said:

As someone who lives in a place where 5G is both ubiquitous and affordable, this restriction seems like a relic of the past.

Ah, but not everyone lives in areas where 5G is readily available.

I live in south Alabama. I'm in a semi-rural area that has 4G, but if I drive 30 minutes in several different directions I will hit areas that are 1X. My oldest son is at college 200 miles north of me and he is in a 5G area. 

Support.

Breeding will list half your scroll anyway (if gender is 50/50) even for phone users, and I really haven’t seen anyone complain.

Just make it a user setting so that users with lesser WiFi access can still continue as they please.

On 9/6/2023 at 10:40 PM, pegasi1978 said:

Ah, but not everyone lives in areas where 5G is readily available.

I live in south Alabama. I'm in a semi-rural area that has 4G, but if I drive 30 minutes in several different directions I will hit areas that are 1X. My oldest son is at college 200 miles north of me and he is in a 5G area. 

... Which is why having the OPTION to choose how many dragons are shown on a page, just like we currently can on desktop, is what this suggestion is about.

On 9/11/2023 at 10:33 PM, Aie said:

... Which is why having the OPTION to choose how many dragons are shown on a page, just like we currently can on desktop, is what this suggestion is about.

Replying both to bump up, and just to say that yes, this is why I'd want this to be an option rather than default. Keep the 50 dragons per page as the default, but allow us to choose more if we want. That way the incredibly few people who play DC in super internet limited areas can still go for the data saving option, and the other 99.99% of players can still view more dragons.

Yes please!  I have a far better idea of where to locate specific dragons on my computer than when things are spread over a huge number of pages on my mobile.

Agreed with all others. Support from this mobile user 👍