xeph23

Astrael Breeding

10 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

Hope it might help some others, too.

Oh this chart is great! I hope you don't mind if I use it? ^-^

Thankyou for the chart, LadyMadonna. I still get terribly confused, and still think of the original three as red, blue and green, even though I know that's not their names. I'm going to get into a dreadful muddle planning lineages. 

I know we've established the CBs from the biomes breed true - eg Lime x Lime = Lime.  Also know that pollinated eggs adopt their new colour in breeding, so they don't remember their original biome colour. 

But do we yet know what happens with 2gs (eg does Pink x Pink produce Pink) and 3gs (eg does White x White produce White)?  And what if a 2g colour (eg Pink) is crossed with a 3g colour (eg White)?

I hope they all breed true, for scroll goals eventually.  I guess mixing them up will bring pot luck.

On 8/15/2023 at 9:46 PM, LadyMadonna said:

But do we yet know what happens with 2gs (eg does Pink x Pink produce Pink) and 3gs (eg does White x White produce White)?  And what if a 2g colour (eg Pink) is crossed with a 3g colour (eg White)?

trade hub have both example, I think the answers is breed true, although I don't know they pollinated it or not. 

The curious of me: Mixing blue/black/white will breed true or breed a cb colour?

Thanks Quinney!

Edited by D-wing

Does anyone else give their hatchlings/dragons temporary names?  I am doing this right now for these dragons, based on their color, so that when trying to breed them, I can tell which ones I am looking for during breeding.  

Once I have all of the generations/colors bred, I am going to change everyone's names.  Currently it is just hard to keep track of them.

I'm including the colours in the names I give to them.  I may, or may not, change them later. 😉

I usually make a short name using the code and then use the breed name as a surname.  With these, I'm also adding the colour.  I had a pink grow up today and for 20 seconds I was convinced it was a teal! Talk about deja vu!

I've assigned specific names to each colour to keep track of them. Browns are all 'stem', for example XD Makes it easier to just work out the colour once because they're so dang hard to tell apart lmao

I've never had a big problem with rejection between the subjects. But all my astraels are rejecting each other if I don't add fertility. Any one experience the same? It's kinda hard to get to the last three colors this way 🙈

6 minutes ago, mirej said:

I've never had a big problem with rejection between the subjects. But all my astraels are rejecting each other if I don't add fertility. Any one experience the same? It's kinda hard to get to the last three colors this way 🙈

I always use fertility when I breed a new pair. It saves a lot of heartache. It seems that every time I don't use it the pair refuses -- the more important the pairing is, the more likely to refuse!

9 hours ago, mirej said:

Although I rarely breed my dragons, I always used fertility in both dragons if it's a new pairs. If my purples are on cooldown I'll wait until they available. Not only astraels, I think the reject/no interest ratios of any new pairs are very high if no fertility...

Edited by D-wing

I always use fertility on new breedings, and yes, even though we're told it doesn't count I've fertilised both astraels! I've only had one 'not bothered' and that was at the beginning.

The good news is that seeing as it's a new shards week, I've just bred and sent 23 2G purples to the AP!  Should help a few folk!

Nice idea, @Quinney, I might do some BSA breeding to try to help others, too. I have plenty of Purples.

I now have several adult Astraels ready to pollinate, but the lag is so bad in the biomes, that I haven't seen even a glimpse of one in the last few days. Anything worth having is long gone by the time the screen loads at refresh times.  So . . . back to breeding with those that I do have.  Maybe we should set up a thread offering a pollination service to those experiencing breeding issues . . . ;)

But before filling scrolls with bred Astrael eggs - it's nearly the end of the month - could the weekend bring another new release? Despite the lag frustrations, this has been a fantastic and engaging release.  Many thanks to TJ and the spriters. Three weeks in, and we're still talking about it. 

39 minutes ago, LadyMadonna said:

I now have several adult Astraels ready to pollinate, but the lag is so bad in the biomes, that I haven't seen even a glimpse of one in the last few days. Anything worth having is long gone by the time the screen loads at refresh times.  So . . . back to breeding with those that I do have.  Maybe we should set up a thread offering a pollination service to those experiencing breeding issues . . . ;)

But before filling scrolls with bred Astrael eggs - it's nearly the end of the month - could the weekend bring another new release? Despite the lag frustrations, this has been a fantastic and engaging release.  Many thanks to TJ and the spriters. Three weeks in, and we're still talking about it. 

Can’t agree more, this was a fabulous release. Figuring out the hybrid colors was fun and relative ease of getting cb eggs made lineage planning pleasant. The frequency of CBs dropping seems to be a bit lower now, but I’m happy with hybrid colors I got! Love blacks and blues 😊

Edited by Eiren

Well, I've worked like heck and just about got most of my Astrael scroll goals.  Nothing's set in stone but I'm getting ready for a new release on Sunday.  I'm worn out after these two months, I'm praying for a small release with easily distinguishable dragons!

The first time I tried breeding the 2nd level colors, I got a "not interested ".  So I have been using Fertility on all of the dragons.  I was planning on breeding for a black and a blue egg, but when I checked my purples, I had used them all up breeding my greens, pinks and teals.  

I was just about to go hunting purples from the Cave when I came back here and was reminded that Oh I can breed them!! 

Yes I can be an idiot.....

5 hours ago, Quinney said:

'm worn out after these two months, I'm praying for a small release with easily distinguishable dragons!

Yes, please! I am still missing most of my CB white Vespine scroll goal and am slowly chipping away at the Astraels, but still need 5 CBs from assorted biomes and then either CBs or market ones to turn into CB hybrids! A nice easy release would be welcome.

11 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

I was just about to go hunting purples from the Cave when I came back here and was reminded that Oh I can breed them!! 

Yes I can be an idiot.....

I did a similar thing with teals last night.  I spent time trying to catch an egg to pollinate, then after I'd given up and gone to bed I just thought "Idiot! Breed one"!

Yay, I have finally bred a black, blue, and white Astrael eggs!  I am also happy that I unlocked all of the colors of the Astrael in the encyclopedia. That was a tough one, finding enough adults on the click sites.

Edited by Cthulhu

19 minutes ago, Cthulhu said:

Yay, I have finally bred a black, blue, and white Astrael eggs!  I am also happy that I unlocked all of the colors of the Astrael in the encyclopedia. That was a tough one, finding enough adults on the click sites.

Congrats, @Cthulhu.  I'm still seeking 7 or 8 CBs to pollinate, just to get a single CB pair of each colour. Unfortunately,  I think that's true of virtually every other player 😉

3 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

Congrats, @Cthulhu.  I'm still seeking 7 or 8 CBs to pollinate, just to get a single CB pair of each colour. Unfortunately,  I think that's true of virtually every other player 😉

I am doing what many others have resorted to, buying them from the Market.   The few of them that I saw in the Cave I was not quick enough to snap them.  Maybe in a couple of months.......