xeph23

Astrael Breeding

So I haven't seen this thread yet, and the New Release thread was closed already.

We know which G2 Astraels come from which crosses, but which crosses give us the final three colours?

What's everyone getting from which crosses?

I just got a White egg by breeding a Teal with a Green:

Screenshot 2023-08-09 122444.png

Thank you for starting this thread. I was hoping to find the answers on the last 3 variants. 

I am 8 hours away from trying for something from the 3rd set.

Awesome!

Thank you for this thread, mine are a few hours from growing up so I can start trying for the last 3 variants :D

I got the blue(?) egg from green and pink! 

and thank you for the thread also! Need few more days to try for the other final two colors 😁

IMG_0746.jpeg

Edited by Eiren

The Current Release wiki page has the info (presumably from Discord).

Spoiler tags in case people still want to figure it out themselves.

To get Green/Teal/Pink:

Spoiler

Lime x Brown = Green

Lime x Tan = Teal

Brown x Tan = Pink

To get Blue/Black/White:

Spoiler

Green x Pink = Blue

Teal x Pink = Black

Green x Teal = White

Thanks for the thread x4!
Not sure if anyone have question: Yes you can get a hybrid colour CB by pollinated.

I still no idea about a lineage with all colours, but here are some ideas about checker! XD

Black x wild shumoga

Spoiler

image.png.272f46da987f132cac8be95604056816.png

marocephailc x Teal

Spoiler

image.png.9dcb5a77256f4525f5d11a7d4f5617f7.png

labradorite/green siyat x brown

Spoiler

image.png.82d77619bb48e58d5247c1ae95446287.pngimage.png.f1b68da30b872dc8c4fb9ce4a12f41dc.png

Question on this

Black x wild shumoga

Hide contents

image.png.272f46da987f132cac8be95604056816.png

Did you get a Black Shumoga egg without having to hatch it with Earthquake??  Hoping it is so, because every time I've tried it failed.

Edit:  ok, now that I looked again, you were positing a possible lineage. Sorry

Edited by Cthulhu

I got a blue, as I only had enough to try for one. I did pollinate to create a green, pink and teal, as I had 3 incuhatchable eggs that I have been waiting to pollinate, so I can try for a Black or White in a few days.

I also bred some base adults to messy Celestials and dumped them for people to be able to grab and pollinate to be able to have messies to freeze, as they will be able to pollinate them to whatever color they need to freeze.

I managed the white and a blue, I need some hatchies to grow for the black!  also pollinated for another teal and green.

Also pleased to see this thread.  Thanks for starting it @xeph23

I guess a further  curiousity for future consideration will be what happens when we cross the original 3 colours with 2g colours and also with 3g colours.

I just bred my first 3 second-gen ones yesterday and still haven't bred mates, so I am a long way from 3G! ;) Glad to see this thread, too.

On 8/9/2023 at 9:41 PM, LadyMadonna said:

I guess a further  curiousity for future consideration will be what happens when we cross the original 3 colours with 2g colours and also with 3g colours.

I bred a Green with a Lime and got a Lime.

On 8/9/2023 at 9:41 PM, LadyMadonna said:

I bred a Green with a Lime and got a Lime.

The dragon you've identified as Teal is actually Pink, @Quinney 😀

Edited by LadyMadonna

5 minutes ago, LadyMadonna said:

The dragon you've identified as Teal is actually Pink, @Quinney 😀

So sorry, blame my useless eyesight - I'll go check!

1 minute ago, Quinney said:

So sorry, blame my useless eyesight - I'll go check!

It is incredibly confusing. Some of the colour names aren't at all intuitive to me.  

Since I'm sitting around doing nothing as I recuperate from a hard day yesterday, I popped into my GIMP program and made myself a graphic of all the colors of the Astrael Dragons.  I thought others might find it handy too, so here it is. 

astraelcolors.jpg

Thanks @laevsk done that. I'm not good at distinguish them too! Specifically hatchlings.🤣

40 minutes ago, LadyMadonna said:

It is incredibly confusing. Some of the colour names aren't at all intuitive to me.  

I've been totally confused since the drop!  The only thing I'm sure of with the third breed is that I have three blues and a black!

Looks like my white will have to wait a while.

Thanks for your help, anyway.   I was just going to leave it, I'm glad I didn't now!

@D-wing Thank you, I have this chart along others as well as wearing out the current release page and still I get it wrong!

Blaming my age and sight! 🙂

I'm pretty certain that the colours labels are to match their body colour and not the colour of their feathers, which sort of helps as hatchlings (but they're only little sprites, and some of the colours are still very similar) but is only nominally helpful for adults since their beautiful plummage is the primary feature.

Tangentially, does anyone know if they sort by colour? I don't have enough of them to properly check myself XD

20 minutes ago, Quinney said:

I've been totally confused since the drop!  The only thing I'm sure of with the third breed is that I have three blues and a black!

Looks like my white will have to wait a while.

Thanks for your help, anyway.   I was just going to leave it, I'm glad I didn't now!

@D-wing Thank you, I have this chart along others as well as wearing out the current release page and still I get it wrong!

Blaming my age and sight! 🙂

My own way is using the "sort by breed" filter to double check. Their orders is equal to NR posts and encyclopedia. A/some frozen hatch also help to distinguish too. But useless in trade.🤣

5 minutes ago, D-wing said:

My own way is using the "sort by breed" filter to double check. Their orders is equal to NR posts and encyclopedia. A/some frozen hatch also help to distinguish too. But useless in trade.🤣

Never thought of that!

6 hours ago, StarlightLion said:

I'm pretty certain that the colours labels are to match their body colour and not the colour of their feathers, which sort of helps as hatchlings (but they're only little sprites, and some of the colours are still very similar) but is only nominally helpful for adults since their beautiful plummage is the primary feature.

Tangentially, does anyone know if they sort by colour? I don't have enough of them to properly check myself XD

Yes, you're right - I, too, have slowly come to realise that the names refer to the body colours and, personally, I really struggle to identify that in the tiny S2 sprites in particular.  I'm sure it will get easier in time, but I've made this today by greatly increasing the size of the egg and sprite images.  I've also included the working titles that I think the Spriters revealed in the release thread, as I've seen a few people using them.  Hope it might help some others, too.

Lady-Madonna-Astrael-Ch.jpg

I find that it is easier to determine the color of the body by also checking the innermost set of feathers, as they do match, but not partially blocked by the ridges on the chest and legs.