KageSora

Lengthen Flood And/Or Increased Drop Volume for New Releases

I think both blinkdog and fuzzbucket have good points. My experience is that as long as it's a common breed, it's incredibly easy to catch the NRs for *weeks* after the drop. Right now you can show up for any cave interval and grab a couple. I think the issue is when a drop involves a ton of sprites to collect (ex: astraels, DC birthday) or a higher rarity NR, 16 hrs is unfair to those in different time zones.

It's pure based on how common something is.  Dirt common and there's no issue.  Anything with a ton of variation (or a BSA people really want) sees a bit more challenge to get.  Anything that's more uncommon or rare becomes very hard, and for some users they almost never see them again in-cave while hunting.  This can remain true for years.

There are much older breeds out there that I'm collecting and I can go days of stalking and cycling the cave without fining even one, much less the variant I'm looking for.  So it's pretty variable based on ratios and any additional desirability factors.

24 hours would, at least, allow every timezone at least a chance at them as well as players who have to be away during the entire 16 hours of the drop.

I think a 24 hour drop would be reasonable……

it would be more accommodating for people in any time zone, or anyone who has to work like 15 hrs a day, plus family time and has to schedule their DC time around Rl……

And while sometimes it can be frustrating for biomes to only have one breed available, 24 hours isn’t a huge amount of time….. and it’s not incredibly longer than the current drop….. i know I could wait another 8 hours to be able to hunt for other biome dragons if it’s gonna make things easier for the community at large.

Support 👍 

9 hours ago, CandraCat said:

I think a 24 hour drop would be reasonable……

it would be more accommodating for people in any time zone, or anyone who has to work like 15 hrs a day, plus family time and has to schedule their DC time around Rl……

And while sometimes it can be frustrating for biomes to only have one breed available, 24 hours isn’t a huge amount of time….. and it’s not incredibly longer than the current drop….. i know I could wait another 8 hours to be able to hunt for other biome dragons if it’s gonna make things easier for the community at large.

Support 👍 

Yeah, most people end up locked for the rest of the day anyways, so one day shouldn't be a big deal.