KageSora

Change Style Of Trade Hub Breed Select On Mobile

Right now, it's a drop-down menu.  On desktop, that's not a big deal--instead of scrolling aaaaaaall the way down to xenowyrm you can just start typing "x" and it'll jump down to breeds that start with "x".

On mobile, it's purely a drop-down select menu with no possible way to filter it or drop down to the breed you actually want via typing.  As we have an ever-growing list of breeds, it's getting increasingly annoying and tedious to scroll endlessly to get the one specific breed you want to search for unless it starts with one of the first few letters of the alphabet.  (Or one of the very last and you can just scroll max-speed to the bottom--if you're somewhere in the middle you're just outta luck)

I'd like to see on mobile have some method of typing in the breed you want to see if somebody is offering, if at all possible--and I know I've seen mobile sites that let you start typing to narrow drop-down results.

Yes you can just put it in the text box, but that won't show you people who are offering that breed who don't mention it in their "wants" box.  Not everybody actually uses the "have/want" setup, many people either leave it blank or JUST use it for what they want without stating what they have (which makes sense if people looking for a breed can just select it to see all dragons up for trade of that breed).

It'd just be a minor QOL thing, but it would make searching for traders putting up certain breeds much easier.

I haven't tried on mobile - but even on PC I type the first letter and that goes way down....

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I haven't tried on mobile - but even on PC I type the first letter and that goes way down....

Yes, which is nice--mobile does not have that option at all.  Mobile is scroll-only.  If possible I'd like mobile to work the way PC does.

This is all that comes up when you tap the breed list on mobile--there is no way for me to pull up a keyboard to start typing to jump to whatever breed I'm looking for.  It's purely "scroll down and down and down until you find what you want"

Screenshot_20230711_215050.thumb.jpg.d09381d060ffaf1e1f8f80cb419c1005.jpg

Which is also exacerbated by the way it lists dragons you can't obtain, such as winter seasonal in summer and holiday dragons year-round.  ...It also lists GoNs, which I thought were untradeable so that's maybe something that should be tweaked as well to shorten the list of stuff mobile users have to scroll through?

Edited by KageSora

I primarily play on mobile and I would appreciate this change even though I do not specifically struggle with the current mobile setup. If this change was implemented then I would definitely use it and find it more convenient than scrolling endlessly, like I do now.

Full support for any features that make the UX of the site better without changing any fundamental mechanics. I see no reason to not include this.